ADVERTISEMENT

Andonian vs Shapiro

FatWoodchuck

Oct 5, 2023
They are slated to meet in the round of eight according to Flo's pre-seeds, if he gets passed Cardenas. I am thinking this is going to be the match to watch, with one of the most exciting wrestlers to watch and a true freshmen on everybody's radar.

I am going with big moves and crazy style along with age and experience this round. It's going to be a good one.

I'm also wondering where Chittum in gonna be in this bracket? This is going to be one of the best weights in the tournament.

There is a thread on this:

According to pre-seeds, Andonian vs Shapiro is a R16 match with the winner facing the winner of Cardenas-Chittum.

Fireworks!

Reactions: backdrft76
There is a thread on this:

According to pre-seeds, Andonian vs Shapiro is a R16 match with the winner facing the winner of Cardenas-Chittum.

Fireworks!
Thank you, I haven't been able to read much on this site today, will read it though.

Flo has Andonian the 3 seed and Shapiro the 11.

Edit:I swear I'm nit crazy I was just looking at it an hour ago Shapiro was eleven and Chittum wasn't seeded, which I thought was funny. I just went back to it and it all changed IDK.

PLEASE DELETE THIS THREAD

Last edited:
For those of you who haven't seen Shapiro lately. He is almost RBY fast from neutral, the fastest single leg I have seen in a long time at this weight.

I hope it doesn't get out of hand. Who doesn't love some Andonian scrambling, super entertaining. I hope it goes to the late 3rd period with only a couple of points differentiating. If I had to place a bet I think Meyer is going to shock a lot of folks with how far his development has come. I think he is top 4 ready right now.

For those of you who haven't seen Shapiro lately. He is almost RBY fast from neutral, the fastest single leg I have seen in a long time at this weight.

I hope it doesn't get out of hand. Who doesn't love some Andonian scrambling, super entertaining. I hope it goes to the late 3rd period with only a couple of points differentiating. If I had to place a bet I think Meyer is going to shock a lot of folks with how far his development has come. I think he is top 4 ready right now.
Shapiro's go-to TD move is his ankle pick. He's got long arms, and opponents seem taken by surprise that he so easily gets to their ankles. See at 2:30 here and around 6:50 (is that an ankle pick or a low single?):

Worst non fall call I have seen in a while, the ref is a stooge, it was staring him in the face and he wanted confirmation which I guess he didn't get. 7 min mark

Now THIS will be a fun match…lots of action, wild scrambles, both guys looking to score points with great technical skill. You know, stuff you won’t see at the Iowa wrestle offs.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT