ADVERTISEMENT

Carter is officially back

Mmmmm. I ate at Zingerman’s in January while there for the Michigan beat down. It’s the only worthwhile thing about Ann Arbor.
Took some of their liverwurst, rye bread, and mustard back with me for a killer lunch while watching the MSU match at home.
Ate there numerous times - thought it was a bit overrated. I'd suggest Metzger's.

I only had a sliver of doubt because the decision to not wrestle NCAAs made no sense given the history on the line.

It would be like me turning down Charlize Theron because she had an ugly big toe
You be the Judge!!

maxresdefault.jpg

I for one am worried about Carter.

It is his conditioning following this injury. Hear me out,

This team is the best conditioned team in the NCAAs.

Why, dodge ball.

Carter with that brace will be slow as hell. He will get murdered playing for the next week and a half. These kids in the room are not the same kids Carter played against at Cathedral Prep. They will show no mercy. These boys are Division 1 athletes who have a different philosophy.

Carter’s lack of movement will screw his conditioning and the head shots he will take in practice will screw with his mental state. This is coming from a guy who was hit in the head constantly in gym class, I'd still be in concussion protocol if it existed in 1977. And our gym classes were co-ed!

I just hope that Bonnie steps up to the plate, I mean mat and stays hour after hour throwing dodge balls at him.

I know what you guys are thinking, either what a stupid post this is and/or you're thinking hey the kid had a broken hand and won Nationals. A broken hand affects the offensive side. Thowing is simple, But the broken knee, ACL, PLP, MCL, XYZ tears and the knee replacement this board has discussed will slow him down.

It comes down to Bonnie and her midnight dodgeball skills to get Carter his 4th.

Can we all just focus on the fact that the coaches and the doctors might be right. In all honesty they are doing their job by protecting the athlete athletes always want to play even when they shouldn’t. We were put on probation because we didn’t do the right thing now a coach does the right thing and people are pissed Carter is a time bomb of emotion thank god we have Sanderson

Can we all just focus on the fact that the coaches and the doctors might be right. In all honesty they are doing their job by protecting the athlete athletes always want to play even when they shouldn’t. We were put on probation because we didn’t do the right thing now a coach does the right thing and people are pissed Carter is a time bomb of emotion thank god we have Sanderson
If there’s one lesson I’ve learned in this life, it is TRUST CAEL. Some folks still be thinking too hard trying to figure the why and how.

I truly pity the first guy that has to wrestle Carter in K.C.
Maybe we should start a Go Fund me account right now for that unfortunate soul.
Video of Nolf punishing Jordon on a bad leg with David Taylor commentary. Imagining the same leg brace on Carter and the anger is 10X that of Nolf's.

Noticed when he had Jordon's leg in the air in the beginning, and not direct sweeps with the leg (protecting the leg a bit?). But the strength to lift him, and once on the mat, no need to let him up and takes pressure off the knee

Match starts at 1:49

Nolf versus Jordon punishment

If the truth could be known, I'll bet AB and GK also had some influence on Carter's change of heart.

“I just like beating people up. That’s just really fun for me, and me not being able to compete at the Big Tens, I’m just ready to cut every one of these dudes throats off, so umm, it’s gonna be business.”

“I just like beating people up. That’s just really fun for me, and me not being able to compete at the Big Tens, I’m just ready to cut every one of these dudes throats off, so umm, it’s gonna be business.”
Snl Business GIF by Saturday Night Live

Just watched Carter’s interview. Wow. Talk about thoughtfully owning and explaining impulsive actions driven by competitive emotion, this kid nailed it. Tons of respect for a young man finding solid perspective after a trying circumstance. Hard not to believe that with an hour or two between matches, he couldn’t beat all 32 other seeds, just like he says.

“I’m going to rip out their living guts and use them to grease the fans of our stationary bikes. I will murder those bastards by the bushel. I’ll throw their severed heads as dodgeballs …”

Last edited:
I kind of want to see Bubba Wilson pulled off the alternate list and win the pigtail now. I’m not sure why

He cut Bubba's without even knowing, according to Manning. I could see Carter taking out Manning for Cael.🙂

Reactions: danoftw
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT