ADVERTISEMENT

Carter Starocci's injury - news, updates, and speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your last response to him was to say that he was full of shit. But you gave him the chance to be cordial and he blew it. Did I get that right?
You have a different opinion than I do about Carter so you are attacking me instead of arguing the point.

Did I get THAT right? Of course I did.

Reactions: Ski
I disagree. The decision is always the coaches’. If Starocci wrestled and re-aggravated his knee, no one would say Carter made a bad move, it would rightfully be on the coaching staff. Their first responsibility is the health of their athletes and putting them in the best situation for success. If they felt that meant CS not wrestling at Bigs, they have to go with that.
I agree if he's an underclassman. If you're the coach of a veteran athlete at the end of his or her run you have to let them go out on their own terms.

But either way it's really stupid for him to (as others have said) take his ball and go home like this. In reality he can still be a 4-timer and he can even come back and be the one and only 5-timer which will be a WAAAAY bigger deal imo. He'd be the only 4-timer to wrestle a season where everywhere he goes he'll get a standing ovation ala Steveson in his last year. But that's not all, he'd get to beat Gabe Arnold and shut him up too.

See, I gave you a chance to be cordial, and you chose to be a dipshit. You should have mffd out yourself jerkoff. Go get lost on one of your trails without any water or cell phones. Do it today.
Actually am being cordial. Don't even need your permission to do so. Your anger at such a small thing doesn't bode well for you when true crisis hits. Be well.

If he is in State College, that worries me more then the tweet. How do you not stay and support your teammates? No matter how upset you are.
Careful. The Sunshine and puppy dog crew will jump down your throat for that kind of talk.

You are posting too and many of us enjoy posting on HR for the hell of it. Why don't you stop attacking and see OUR points also because more than just me feels like this about it.
Listen, I get your point. Carter may indeed follow through on what was a veiled threat/promise. Or he may cool off and wrestle anyway. My point is that there is a greater than a 50% chance that this blows over so why get all twisted up about it? It's okay to disagree and make your valid points, but you seem to have been triggered by this. The sun rose over both our homes this morning, so that's a good start. I look at things this way. Am I going to remember this on my deathbed? If not, it wasn't that important to me in the end. This won't be no matter the ending so that is why I am dispassionate and will wait for the outcome.

Listen, I get your point. Carter may indeed follow through on what was a veiled threat/promise. Or he may cool off and wrestle anyway. My point is that there is a greater than a 50% chance that this blows over so why get all twisted up about it? It's okay to disagree and make your valid points, but you seem to have been triggered by this. The sun rose over both our homes this morning, so that's a good start. I look at things this way. Am I going to remember this on my deathbed? If not, it wasn't that important to me in the end. This won't be no matter the ending so that is why I am dispassionate and will wait for the outcome.
Actually you don't because there is no point. Guns is back, frat boys.

FFs, now we have paragraphs after paragraphs about if this is real, then his life and career is tainted, what a way to go out, and he quit on his team. Jesus, get a frking grip and stop the drama Queen bs. No one knows anything yet. Yeah, go enjoy a trail on a beautiful Sunfay morning.

Carter is going to do things his way. Sometimes, someone like me understands it, sometimes not. But it will always be his way.

This year, he’s talked a lot about the maturity he’s developed while at Penn State. If he recognizes that part in him, it may allow him to both remain true to himself and be flexible about what happens next. If it doesn’t, it doesn’t, and I will be grateful to have watched him compete.
Sorry and I’m a huge CStar fan but the decision was made with the wrestlers best in mind. If CStar departed without the teams permission because he was pissed he should not be allowed to participate at nationals. No one is above the team no matter the emotion of the moment. Cael doesn’t need any Bubba’s.

Getting lost on trail, with nobody around, makes for an epic adventure. More people should try it.
Nothing like a 3 day weekend on one of America’s abundant and well-maintained trail systems to recharge mentally and emotionally. In a few weeks, I’ll be hiking the last section I need to finish up the Mid-State Trail here in PA and I can’t wait for it.

Sorry and I’m a huge CStar fan but the decision was made with the wrestlers best in mind. If CStar departed without the teams permission because he was pissed he should not be allowed to participate at nationals. No one is above the team no matter the emotion of the moment. Cael doesn’t need any Bubba’s.
A twitter geotag isn’t enough for me to comfortably speculate on. If how you describe it is what went down, I might agree with you there.

Last edited:
Nothing like a 3 day weekend on one of America’s abundant and well-maintained trail systems to recharge mentally and emotionally. In a few weeks, I’ll be hiking the last section I need to finish up the Mid-State Trail here in PA and I can’t wait for it.
Enjoy! I’ve done from Poe Valley to Little Pine State Park so far

A twitter geotag isn’t enough for me comfortably to speculate on. If how you describe it is what went down, I might agree with you there.
Hoping CStar, with the team’s permission, returned to SC on the chopper that got Casey from Hershey to College Park after his son won states…. Pure speculation and hoping so. PSU wrestling is rock star status. Saw Krafty at the championships. He would have given the nod.

Aaron says hi. 😂. You remember him, right? He's the one who calls you a frat boy Jeffy, not me.
I don't know why you keep invoking Aaron Malone's name, but he and I always got along well, and he never once called me frat boy. I don't give a rip about the "insult," because it's not an insult to me. Soiling his name is a bigger deal to me, but that just shows me what kind of pond scum you are.

You OTOH habitually call lots of people frat boy. @Bob_Anderson among others pointed that out long ago.

So you're a liar on top of a toolbag. Big surprise.

If Carter wasn't going to go to NCAAs I don't think he would have taken the two losses at Big tens
Exactly. What would be the point unless he thought he was going in bigs. It's all speculation at this point lol. Nobody knows shit except Cael and Carter

That sounds about right. Coaches made the absolute correct decision, though it was a difficult one.

Just hoping Carter will have a broader perspective given a few days to think about it, and will wrestle at Nationals. If not, it’s been an absolute pleasure watching him as a fan these past few years and I wish him all the best.

Reactions: ccdiver
We are all aware of Carter's competitiveness and drive to be the best. He did not want to mff out and is pissed. We'll see what happens and I hope he competes for PSU. Hopefully it doesn't affect the team.

Trying to understand why a grown man is so invested in this subject that he is posting on multiple forums and in an hysterical manner. You really do need to chill. Your team is running away with B1Gs and with one tweet, you've lost your composure. That's ridiculous. Why don't we let Cael and Casey handle this and realize that a midnight tweet isn't necessarily the end of the discussion. In fact, it is the beginning of the discussion internally.
Grown man? Obviously not even close to being labeled as grown!!

That sounds about right. Coaches made the absolute correct decision, though it was a difficult one.

Just hoping Carter will have a broader perspective given a few days to think about it, and will wrestle at Nationals. If not, it’s been an absolute pleasure watching him as a fan these past few years and I wish him all the best.
Honest question- NCAA brackets come out this week, correct?

I don't know why you keep invoking Aaron Malone's name, but he and I always got along well, and he never once called me frat boy. I don't give a rip about the "insult," because it's not an insult to me. Soiling his name is a bigger deal to me, but that just shows me what kind of pond scum you are.

You OTOH habitually call lots of people frat boy. @Bob_Anderson among others pointed that out long ago.

So you're a liar on top of a toolbag. Big surprise.
He can't stand you. Fact.

Dude, you are really not handling this well. I remember you going negative before, but, you usually aren't hostile like this.
Jeffy thinks he owns this board and comes at me regularly WITHOUT PROVOCATION. It's not hostile. Want to see hostile? Read Jeffy boys posts.

It’s part of the game but up until yesterday my strong voiced opinion since the day of injury was he will mff out.. that’s documented on twitter as well but people wont post that. Yesterday I was told he plans to compete by someone directly speaking to him- because of the streak and the hodge.. he weighed in and Cael said No. Carter was unhappy but it was the right move IMO, why risk re-injury for big show: again- ppl will hang on every tweet except the ones where i say for 2 weeks how i think he will mff out, i had penn state fans mad at me for saying that one too. Go look on twitter. But in the end, it’s up to Cael and that was the right call. People often like to pretend info is “made up” meanwhile it can change last minute- just like me saying for 2 weeks how he will Mff then being told he plans to go yesterday- which I shared.

People also act as if I made up Kem was done (that’s the big one that ppl harp on for years lol) when he wasn’t in practice room for over a month and Iowa announced that Swafford was the starter. If you talk to some in Iowa they may even tell you my tweet is why he was rushed back. He got pissed and wrestled with one arm rest of way,

Funny huh?

Well... Noone is competing with a dislocated knee. Did you mean patella?

Reactions: mn78psu83
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT