ADVERTISEMENT

Caitlin Clark

In the first half? Lol
One way to keep her scoring down is to get blown out and hope they sit her. Just kidding…I think they’ve actually done a pretty good job on her. Yes, she has 21 points, but she’s missed a lot of shots and has like 9 turnovers.

The other way is to give up 47 to one of her teammates...............
Not much went right--they did a nice job pressuring Clark and contesting every shot she attempted. Definitely not her best game putting up only "29" points but had 15 assists and they scored 111. Gotta play better interior defense and shot better than they did last night to be a serious threat.

She shoots more than anyone in the league. She shoots more 3s....by far. She's shoots more 3s than any women's player ever. She's the quintessential ball hog. Her 3pt % is solid, but she isn't in the top 15. Her fg% is average. Her shooting % certainly doesn't justify the number of shots she takes. She's 22...she needs to move on.

Aaahhh bitter….I've always wondered why people have out loud takes like this. Her offensive efficiency numbers are through the roof, she leads the NCAA is assists and has for 2 years….

Based on some metrics I saw posted by Rebeca Lobo during a broadcast, from 25 ft out she shoots at a 39.5% clip and has made 62 so far this season. Sabrina Ionesu WNBA superstar has made 52 @ the same percentage. She is other worldly and routinely considered one of, if not the best ever. And probably one of the absolute best in the world now….

No amount of you wishing it not to be true will change that.

Last edited:
Reactions: bison13
On the bright side they'll(fans) have time to read the rulebooks.

((Sees image of Cooper DeJean Returning a punt like Lamar (Revenge of the Nerds) throwing the javelin.

Their changing the rule because of that you know….thats the ultimate argument ender.

“””Oh yeah they made such a poor call they changed the rule….doh”

She is a Great player! She whines a little too much for me....... :)

Yep…we all feel that way when an opposing player does that. Me too….

I’m even tired of the media hype and she does get pissy…..but she signs autographs for hours, pays attentions to the kids and fans and understands it’s a game…

And she shoots from 35 ft like it’s nothing and throws full length, cross court passes like she lives on Mt Olympus.

I’m a 53 year old man and I haven’t missed her play in 2 years. I don’t even watch the men play every game….

She is transcendent…

Aaahhh bitter….I've always wondered why people have out loud takes like this. Her offensive efficiency numbers are through the roof, she leads the NCAA is assists and has for 2 years….

Based on some metrics I saw posted by Rebeca Lobo during a broadcast, from 25 ft out she shoots at a 39.5% clip and has made 62 so far this season. Sabrina Ionesu WNBA superstar has made 52 @ the same percentage. She is other worldly and routinely considered one of, if not the best ever. And probably one of the absolute best in the world now….

She also averages 7 rebounds a game and 1.5 steals a game….give me that kind of “ball hog” every day. She also takes a lot of the defensive heat off her teammates so they can do things like score 47 points in a game when they’re really not that good. I don’t think some realize how hard it is to shoot when there’s someone constantly in your face, yet she still does it well.

Reactions: cmhawks99
Yep…we all feel that way when an opposing player does that. Me too….

I’m even tired of the media hype and she does get pissy…..but she signs autographs for hours, pays attentions to the kids and fans and understands it’s a game…

And she shoots from 35 ft like it’s nothing and throws full length, cross court passes like she lives on Mt Olympus.

I’m a 53 year old man and I haven’t missed her play in 2 years. I don’t even watch the men play every game….

She is transcendent…
She’s the best I’ve watched since Taurasi

Besides not knowing anything about basketball Paoli is an ultra lib who is mad Clark is taking the spotlight from some woman with a dong from a school in a blue state

Last edited:
She also averages 7 rebounds a game and 1.5 steals a game….give me that kind of “ball hog” every day. She also takes a lot of the defensive heat off her teammates so they can do things like score 47 points in a game when they’re really not that good. I don’t think some realize how hard it is to shoot when there’s someone constantly in your face, yet she still does it well.

Yes and by the way PSU has a good team & they can flat shoot. I was expecting a battle!

CC seemed oddly off last night, obviously some of that was you guys, but she wasn’t her usual jovial, fun loving self and I’ve watched her enough to know.

She is either feeling the pressure OR was not feeling well. She can get carried away and you live with it because she is who she is… But she threw some passes last night….WPTH?!

That got knocked down at her hands… I’ve never seen that happen before, and she just didn’t seem to be herself….

With that said, I guess it would be nice to have an off night in your career and still have 27pts, 6 rebounds and 15 assists, eh, LOL

Yes… There are two Brazilian women that played back in the 70s and 80s on the national teams that were pretty spectacular with the flare that they played with..,

Magic Paula and Hortencia Marie I believe there are videos of them…

Yes… There are two Brazilian women that played back in the 70s and 80s on the national teams that were pretty spectacular with the flare that they played with..,

Magic Paula and Hortencia Marie I believe there are videos of them…
Besides not knowing anything about basketball Paoli is an ultra lib who is mad Clark is taking the spotlight from some woman with a dong from a school in a blue state

I wish I hadn’t laughed at that but I did….😂

They did that, but her 15 assists allowed a mediocre player to put up 47. So it didn't do much good as it seems Clark will beat you one way or the other.
I thought they played Clark well, but not doubling their inside player was a big mistake. No way you should allow an average player to score 47. I’d rather Clark beat me from outside than let that happen. Sure the defense needs to focus on Clark but not to the point that you forget about everyone else.

Yes and by the way PSU has a good team & they can flat shoot. I was expecting a battle!

CC seemed oddly off last night, obviously some of that was you guys, but she wasn’t her usual jovial, fun loving self and I’ve watched her enough to know.

She is either feeling the pressure OR was not feeling well. She can get carried away and you live with it because she is who she is… But she threw some passes last night….WPTH?!

That got knocked down at her hands… I’ve never seen that happen before, and she just didn’t seem to be herself….

With that said, I guess it would be nice to have an off night in your career and still have 27pts, 6 rebounds and 15 assists, eh, LOL
Clark was off last night…the 15 assists were nice, but should have been erased by the 13 turnovers. The problem was PSU played no defense on Stuelke.

everyone wants to be Steph Curry these days. She's a good passer, no doubt, but don't get ahead of yourself, hayseed

Clark was off last night…the 15 assists were nice, but should have been erased by the 13 turnovers. The problem was PSU played no defense on Stuelke.

Yes, and although I noticed she was called “average“ and believe me I get the premise, so I’m not taking umbrage at that but she is an Uber athletic energizer bunny. That was a four star recruit and has had some pretty good games… But honestly, at some point in time as she’s running rim to rim, you would’ve thought they would’ve accounted for her….🤷‍♂️

Her biggest issue is she’s missed a few games for injury and she’s had quite a bit of foul trouble… when she’s allowed to run up and down the court at will & not have to play a ton of defense. She’s a handful.

Last edited:
everyone wants to be Steph Curry these days. She's a good passer, no doubt, but don't get ahead of yourself, hayseed

She’s better in her game…Steph also plays no defense and isn’t as dynamic a passer.

PS… I know east coast fans love to jump to conclusions and use country bumpkin type terms that they think might hurt our feelings, but it says a great deal more about you than it does the people you say it to…

I/E: limited cognitive ability and avenues for rebuttal.

You don’t know where I live, not Iowa, went to college, not Iowa, nor what I do….again, not in Iowa…

As for CC Your opinion is in the bottom 5% of thoughts, along with the jealous types, so you are a minority. So at least you’ve got that…🤷‍♂️

She's pretty much a complete player, Can play multiple positions and executes very well. When a majority of the offense goes through your hands, how are you supposed to act as a college athlete. I respect her ability,.just wish she was on my team.

She's pretty much a complete player, Can play multiple positions and executes very well. When a majority of the offense goes through your hands, how are you supposed to act as a college athlete. I respect her ability,.just wish she was on my team.

One thing I’ve noted, they never post her up, but maybe that’s not the best use of her talent I guess 🤷‍♂️

She’s better in her game…Steph also plays no defense and isn’t as dynamic a passer.

PS… I know east coast fans love to jump to conclusions and use country bumpkin type terms that they think might hurt our feelings, but it says a great deal more about you than it does the people you say it to…

I/E: limited cognitive ability and avenues for rebuttal.

You don’t know where I live, not Iowa, went to college, not Iowa, nor what I do….again, not in Iowa…

As for CC Your opinion is in the bottom 5% of thoughts, along with the jealous types, so you are a minority. So at least you’ve got that…🤷‍♂️

She’s overrated…not sure what else you said, hillbilly

👍 your friends have satisfactorily ran you up the flag pole….

You have all the traits of a good ole fashion redneck, all wrapped in blue…😂

You MAGA types sure do wrap yourselves around axles

She’s a mega ball hog, prove me wrong
In basketball, there is a stat called “assists”, which shows how often a player passes the ball to a teammate to lead to a basket.

Not just does Clark lead the Big Ten in Assists, she leads the entire country in assists. What “mega ball hog” could lead the nation in a category based on passing the ball?

In basketball, there is a stat called “assists”, which shows how often a player passes the ball to a teammate to lead to a basket.

Not just does Clark lead the Big Ten in Assists, she leads the entire country in assists. What “mega ball hog” could lead the nation in a category based on passing the ball?

Her assists are a function of how much she holds the ball, you absolute dolt.

She’s a mega ball hog, prove me wrong
That’s easy!
The objective of the game is to have more points than the other team when time expires. There are hundreds of strategies to reach that objective.
The fact her coach selected the strategy Iowa uses means that coach believes it is the best chance for her team to win.
And the fact Iowa wins so many games proves that coach knows what the hell she is doing.
Caitlin Clark plays the way she has been instructed to play so her team has its best chance at success.
“Ball hog” infers selfish play. She is anything but that. Anyone who thinks otherwise has a sub-zero basketball IQ.

That’s easy!
The objective of the game is to have more points than the other team when time expires. There are hundreds of strategies to reach that objective.
The fact her coach selected the strategy Iowa uses means that coach believes it is the best chance for her team to win.
And the fact Iowa wins so many games proves that coach knows what the hell she is doing.
Caitlin Clark plays the way she has been instructed to play so her team has its best chance at success.
“Ball hog” infers selfish play. She is anything but that. Anyone who thinks otherwise has a sub-zero basketball IQ.

She has the 8th best shooting percentage on her team and 3rd best 3-point shooting. She’s taken more shots than than any player in women’s basketball his year and nearly 30% more than the next highest player. Her assist to turnover ratio is barely in the top 100, her assist to shot ratio is below what you would expect for a guard. She’s quite literally a ball hog. Iowa would be a better team if Caitlin shot less. However, she’s making some bank off of NIL and she’s going to milk it for as much as possible.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT