ADVERTISEMENT

Bo Bassett

It should be illegal to start threads about any wrestler's before they are at least a sophmore! There should be jail time for those who do. Thats all I got ta say!

Sweet. Another Bo Basset thread.
I was thinking the same thing lol. The kid has more threads and posts than anyone on here. It’s hard not to like the kid and his wrestling. Other than the fact he goes to a private school, I am a fan. Hope he ends up at PSU

Reactions: mcpat
I don't know if I can handle 3 or 4 more years of this. If only that kid committed while in the womb we could cut down on these threads. Never mind, if he didn't commit to PSU from the hospital nursery, we'd have the same number of threads of him and the portal transfer.

Reactions: danoftw
Other than Spencer Lee I think Cael gets pretty much everybody he wants. To me Bassett seems like a good candidate to be a HEW guy. I think Cael wants guys he can coach and that might be tricky with Bo who seems like he might believe he knows everything. I think Bo has the ability to be great but he'd have to be willing to trust Cael's methods and do what he tells him to do.

Other than Spencer Lee I think Cael gets pretty much everybody he wants. To me Bassett seems like a good candidate to be a HEW guy. I think Cael wants guys he can coach and that might be tricky with Bo who seems like he might believe he knows everything. I think Bo has the ability to be great but he'd have to be willing to trust Cael's methods and do what he tells him to do.
The kid trains at 3 different clubs and seems like he might believe he knows everything?

The kid trains at 3 different clubs and seems like he might believe he knows everything?
Yeah, by all accounts I’ve seen here, he’s supposed to be a super coachable, respectful kid. Not saying burnout is off the table at all, but so isn’t senior world championships. He’s a kid. Feels extra weird to be projecting failure at this stage.

Yeah, by all accounts I’ve seen here, he’s supposed to be a super coachable, respectful kid. Not saying burnout is off the table at all, but so isn’t senior world championships. He’s a kid. Feels extra weird to be projecting failure at this stage.
I don’t know him except for a few times at m2. I have watched a few interviews with him and he seems like a focused sponge. He seems to be constantly training with working with high level programs and wrestlers. Not sure where the jealous comment of knowing everything come from.

When Zain was younger, people who write stuff about him and they wouldn’t have a clue. I would say it was all based off being jealous. Zain was and is the nicest guy ever and people still found ways to talk smack.

Bo Bassett is a fantastic kid who loves the sport of wrestling. Bill Bassett is a great father who also knows wrestling isn't his specialty and trusts Bo to various coaches including Penn State's and M2.

The reputation that he is difficult to work with probably comes from the fact Bo and the rest of the McCort kids are pretty well marketed (5 AM practices) Does anyone know him personally? I really doubt it. People are also concerned that his guys are just way too strong because he runs a "youth gym" without considering physical training is what he studied and his workouts are designed to not stunt growth.

Family is everything to the McCort kids. Now that we have Mason and Erik, I'd be shocked if we weren't firmly in the drivers seat for that entire team. I can see Herring and Forrest maybe going elsewhere since they aren't PA kids but I'd be shocked if PSU wasn't top of the list for Forrest also with his goals and how familiar he is with the team.

Other than Spencer Lee I think Cael gets pretty much everybody he wants....
The list of kids Cael wants but loses out on, is lengthy and painful. This makes his dominance as a coach even more impressive.

I get it that kids choose what they choose for geography, academics, fit, economics, friendships, a feeling, and the list goes on...

I remain a bit amazed that Cael misses out on as many sure things as he has over the years especially when you consider the once in a lifetime chance of being taught by a legend, not to mention the likelihood of a string of team and individual championships. Not to mention the number of blue chippers who have gone to the bad guys, and never reached their goals.

The list of kids Cael wants but loses out on, is lengthy and painful. This makes his dominance as a coach even more impressive.

I get it that kids choose what they choose for geography, academics, fit, economics, friendships, a feeling, and the list goes on...

I remain a bit amazed that Cael misses out on as many sure things as he has over the years especially when you consider the once in a lifetime chance of being taught by a legend, not to mention the likelihood of a string of team and individual championships. Not to mention the number of blue chippers who have gone to the bad guys, and never reached their goals.
Lengthy and painful? It's been 11 years now and I can count them on one hand.

Reactions: mjmirv and nitlion6
Bo Bassett is a fantastic kid who loves the sport of wrestling. Bill Bassett is a great father who also knows wrestling isn't his specialty and trusts Bo to various coaches including Penn State's and M2.

The reputation that he is difficult to work with probably comes from the fact Bo and the rest of the McCort kids are pretty well marketed (5 AM practices) Does anyone know him personally? I really doubt it. People are also concerned that his guys are just way too strong because he runs a "youth gym" without considering physical training is what he studied and his workouts are designed to not stunt growth.

Family is everything to the McCort kids. Now that we have Mason and Erik, I'd be shocked if we weren't firmly in the drivers seat for that entire team. I can see Herring and Forrest maybe going elsewhere since they aren't PA kids but I'd be shocked if PSU wasn't top of the list for Forrest also with his goals and how familiar he is with the team.

A completely unnecessary statement. Workouts CANNOT stunt your growth.

I completely agree. I know what you are saying. Workouts designed for younger kids until they are through puberty & start real power style lifting. The results are there. All those guys are strong, aggressive and in great shape.

When people from all over the country are relocating to be in that area/program. There must be lots of good things going on. I was only in Johnstown a few times for Ms states and it’s not very nice. Kids with good character usually mean good parents, groups of kids when good character means good parents/coaches.

They definitely have a family, almost like a mini cult, but in a good way. Benton used to be like this and man did he have it rocking. I am glad the mccort pipeline is leading towards PSU. We would love to have Forest, Herring & Bassett.

It depends on who is putting together the list of kids that Cael “really” wanted to get.

can we pick one of the 10+ already established bo basset, basset family, etc thread and just lump everything into one thread. we been talking about him/them for 2+ years already. so theres got to be one that we can use.....

just want to keep @backdrft76 sane for the next 3+ years
No. We need 158 more Bassett threads and I for one truly believe the more threads the better.

Reactions: Raw Daddy
Bo certainly has the appearance of being the real deal, he is improving, and beating high level competition.

That said remember Adam Bussiello, also touted as the next Spencer Lee when he was a freshman. Everyone was jazzed here when he committed early.

I try to curb my enthusiasm for any of these kids too much until their Junior year. Getting past that 14-17 year old growth spurt that can change a body's makeup, which is a biggie for wrestling.

I grew 6 inches in one year in highschool and my wrestling was never the same as my 6-10th grade years.

Unfortunately, my prediction is 10 more Bo Bassett threads minimum between now and then.
Over. That’s easy $. We might have that by the time Santa comes down my chimney.

What is the highest bridge in Pennsylvania? Anyone know?
Is this at altitude, or from span to earth (including depth of water), or a setup to a bad joke?

Google says tallest / highest road bridge is Emlenton. But I didn't know it.

Kinzua was (railroad but then tornado). I knew that.

Last edited:
Per the question posed in the title of this thread…. Yes - with Bo Bassett, I think Penn State will (finally) have a chance.

Is this at altitude, or from span to earth (including depth of water), or a setup to a bad joke?

Google says tallest / highest road bridge is Emlenton. But I didn't know it.

Kinzua was (railroad but then tornado). I knew that.
Ha, I was curious but also a joke. The Bo Bassett posts and threads kill me. It’s too early, too many variables. To me a bigger loss is Meyer Shapiro than if Bassett goes someplace else.

Reactions: backdrft76
Ha, I was curious but also a joke. The Bo Bassett posts and threads kill me. It’s too early, too many variables. To me a bigger loss is Meyer Shapiro than if Bassett goes someplace else.
Isn't he following Dake anyway? I just assumed that would be happening.
giphy.gif

I tried to find the earliest thread w/ his name in the title, but only found this. I'm sure this will generate discussion though:

Reactions: Ski and hlstone
I actually don't think the best comparison for Bassett is Lee. I think style wise he compares favorably to a few others that come to mind, for me, much more Gene Mills or Randy Lewis, than Spencer Lee.

Reactions: NCHawk55
lol wtf are you talking about man? Jesus, you don’t think a coach can adjust for someone who is already well put together? Don’t you guys have two current wrestlers that were extremely sought after in HS and have won it all every chance they’ve had so far?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT