ADVERTISEMENT

Better Call Saul tonight

Yep, he's been setting up the Kim scenario for a while now. He just did a good job of always reining it back in to make it seem like she couldn't possibly turn bad. In the end, leaving Jimmy would have been too expected and too boring, and after all, the theme is still "breaking bad". Like I said before, Kim's fate may now be the most intriguing aspect of the show.

Not sure I agree on the scam being planned for a while. Seems like it came together after Howard's obnoxious comments and her little back and forth game with Jimmy on what to do to Howard. However, I think the notion of pulling some kind of scam again has been in her head (just not the details).

I agree with some of the other comments on Kim. I think her motivation is both Robin Hood-like (she's on the side of the little guy) and the thrill of the scam. It's not money. Should could have made a boatload at S&C. I think her actions in the last 2 episodes could be an indication that she is behind the scenes pulling strings during the BB timeline.
So are you saying she exists during BB? I have heard/read a few others theorize the same thing and I am beginning to think that as well... and that she reappears at the end in current time to rescue SG. The problem is going to be when can they film with current state of the world. We might not get this figured out until late 2021.

So are you saying she exists during BB? I have heard/read a few others theorize the same thing and I am beginning to think that as well... and that she reappears at the end in current time to rescue SG. The problem is going to be when can they film with current state of the world. We might not get this figured out until late 2021.
We learned this year that she grew up in Nebraska.

Yes. I speculated this a month ago (around page 3). Everyone assumed that she was not around in BB, so it makes perfect sense for Gilligan to go the other way. How cool would it be to see a scene where Saul meets Walter and then goes to discuss with Kim.

Hopefully some kind of reuniting in real time. I don't subscribe to the Kim scams Saul angle. Just doesn't fit. She may be breaking bad, but she still cares a great deal for him.

Yes. I speculated this a month ago (around page 3). Everyone assumed that she was not around in BB, so it makes perfect sense for Gilligan to go the other way. How cool would it be to see a scene where Saul meets Walter and then goes to discuss with Kim.

Hopefully some kind of reuniting in real time. I don't subscribe to the Kim scams Saul angle. Just doesn't fit. She may be breaking bad, but she still cares a great deal for him.
I agree.

At some point, Jimmy becomes the lawyers for the mob with a happy path to witness protection without the feds. And with no Kimmy to be seen. I don't know how they can realistically deal with her character without a) putting her into witness protection or b) killing her off. She is "in the game" and nobody has made it out alive or, at least, in a whole different life.

anigif_enhanced-26124-1423496146-5.gif

I agree.

At some point, Jimmy becomes the lawyers for the mob with a happy path to witness protection without the feds. And with no Kimmy to be seen. I don't know how they can realistically deal with her character without a) putting her into witness protection or b) killing her off. She is "in the game" and nobody has made it out alive or, at least, in a whole different life.

anigif_enhanced-26124-1423496146-5.gif
Hard to imagine, but with Gilligan, there is always an option c...and d...and e....
Maybe she manages to stay so much in the shadows that she can maintain her normal life after Saul goes to Nebraska? Expect the unexpected.
Whatever happens, I doubt Gilligan will prematurely remove the Kim character from the plot.

Reactions: Obliviax
Hard to imagine, but with Gilligan, there is always an option c...and d...and e....
Maybe she manages to stay so much in the shadows that she can maintain her normal life after Saul goes to Nebraska? Expect the unexpected.
Whatever happens, I doubt Gilligan will prematurely remove the Kim character from the plot.
agreed...but if they come up with some plot line where she just slinks away it will be a huge miss along the lines of JR being shot in a dream.

Reactions: LionJim
While Saul was a big player on BB he was a BIG player. It is totally conceivable that he was married to Kim the entire time and they just didn't have that story line for him.

A wild thought, how will the cab driver who outed Saul, come in to play? Could be possible he meets Kim and they start
talking about being from New Mexico and he tells her he found Saul Goodman working in a Cinnabon in Omaha??
that's a great thought. He dumps her to keep her from getting killed (as she breaks bad, he is getting nicer). At the end, the cab driver gets them together and they live happily ever after.

final season has already been filmed. I read somewhere, possibly even here, that seasons 5 and 6 were completed together. So there’s that at least

A wild thought, how will the cab driver who outed Saul, come in to play? Could be possible he meets Kim and they start
talking about being from New Mexico and he tells her he found Saul Goodman working in a Cinnabon in Omaha??
Terrific idea.

I just can’t get beyond the fact that she’s never mentioned in BB. Either she’s dead, gone through the cleaners, or she’s just reached her limit with Jimmy and told him to F off. After yesterday the third option seems to be off the table.

that's a great thought. He dumps her to keep her from getting killed (as she breaks bad, he is getting nicer). At the end, the cab driver gets them together and they live happily ever after.
Kim is required to work for Lalo to show their loyalty after the Mexico attack. She hates it but eventually runs into Nacho, whom is underground. They devise the plan to bring down the cartels by having them go to war with each other, and then they individually pick them off (Nacho's biker gang plan), by working on their assets and transferring them to different accounts. After Don Eladio and crew are killed, Kim must also go underground (back to Nebraska) and wait it out. Saul's parallel process is documented in BB, and he must wait it out in Nebraska for further instructions. Cab driver is a Kim relative that brings them back together at last. Final scene is Jimmy walking through the door with Kim on the sofa, holding the Zafiro Añejo stopper, saying, "We beat them all Jimmy. We beat them all". Fade to black

I expect to see bikers in the final season. That conversation between Nacho and Don Eladio wasn't just a throw-away.

Reactions: Obliviax
I expect to see bikers in the final season. That conversation between Nacho and Don Eladio wasn't just a throw-away.
If Nacho were still a viable player, no, it’s not a throw-away line. Now, at best, he’s on the run. If you’re right and the biker gangs join the show then it’d be to kill Nacho.

The only sure thing about this whole convoluted mess is that Nacho either gets cleaned or meets a grisly end. And think about his father. You can imagine that Lalo’s first phone call will be to the cousins, telling them to wait for Nacho at his father’s place. My prediction: In the first episode of S6 we either see Nacho dead or his father dead.

final season has already been filmed. I read somewhere, possibly even here, that seasons 5 and 6 were completed together. So there’s that at least
Not sure where you go that info. According to this article, they are writing season 6 right now. Pertinent excerpt below.

How long will it be until we see that final season?

Around a year passed between several of the show’s early seasons, and nearly a year and a half between Seasons Four and Five. Even under normal circumstances, there would be another sizable gap before Season Six premiered, but the nationwide lockdown could make it much bigger. The writers had just convened to plot out Season Six when California residents were told to shelter at home. In that small way, the timing was fortuitous; Gilligan and Gould would prefer to have their writers assembling in person, but it’s the one part of making a season that can still be accomplished under these circumstances.

Still, no one knows when people will be able to safely gather in large enough groups to actually produce the show, and there are other logistical headaches to be sorted out. (Studio space is limited, and productions that have already been disrupted by the pandemic could get priority, for instance.) Gould didn’t like it when Saul took 2019 off entirely, and while Gilligan hopes Season Six will be ready to premiere in the fall of 2021, if they can begin filming this autumn, he says, “You’re going to have to ask Dr. Fauci here.”

If Nacho were still a viable player, no, it’s not a throw-away line. Now, at best, he’s on the run. If you’re right and the biker gangs join the show then it’d be to kill Nacho.

The only sure thing about this whole convoluted mess is that Nacho either gets cleaned or meets a grisly end. And think about his father. You can imagine that Lalo’s first phone call will be to the cousins, telling them to wait for Nacho at his father’s place. My prediction: In the first episode of S6 we either see Nacho dead or his father dead.

I could see Mike stepping in and trying to save both Nacho and his dad but especially his dad.

WTF am I going to do with my life in quarantine now that the show is over?
got you covered.....

All Or Nothing (TV-MA)
Season 5
(83)20205 SeasonsX-RayTV-MA
One season has passed since Philadelphia’s first Super Bowl championship and expectations are once again soaring. Carson Wentz, Pro Bowl tight end Zach Ertz and defensive stalwarts Malcolm Jenkins, Fletcher Cox, and Brandon Graham lead a loaded roster intent on returning the Lombardi Trophy to Philadelphia, where the Eagles are more than just a football team-they’re a way of life.

got you covered.....

All Or Nothing (TV-MA)
Season 5
(83)20205 SeasonsX-RayTV-MA
One season has passed since Philadelphia’s first Super Bowl championship and expectations are once again soaring. Carson Wentz, Pro Bowl tight end Zach Ertz and defensive stalwarts Malcolm Jenkins, Fletcher Cox, and Brandon Graham lead a loaded roster intent on returning the Lombardi Trophy to Philadelphia, where the Eagles are more than just a football team-they’re a way of life.
It’s not about my finding a show to watch, it’s about losing a immensely enjoyable thread. This has been a fun thread and now we’re back to discussing how often you should cut your toenails. (Or something such.)

It’s not about my finding a show to watch, it’s about losing a immensely enjoyable thread. This has been a fun thread and now we’re back to discussing how often you should cut your toenails. (Or something such.)
Yeah, it's been a nice thread for people to have discussion without petty bickering. A rarity these days.

yes, let's all thank Obli for starting it ;)

Reactions: 91Joe95
Man, never saw this quote before.

Due to Kim Wexler's popularity in Better Call Saul, creator Vince Gilligan hinted at a possible spin-off about her, he also said that a Wexler spin-off is the most likely to be done, saying, "If we were to do another spin-off it would be the Kim Wexler show".https://www.smh.com.au/entertainmen...ff-from-better-call-saul-20170711-gx8r2g.html

I'm in! If they can make a show as great as BCS from a spinoff of a minor character whose main purpose was comic relief, they can do anything!

Not sure where you go that info. According to this article, they are writing season 6 right now. Pertinent excerpt below.

How long will it be until we see that final season?

Around a year passed between several of the show’s early seasons, and nearly a year and a half between Seasons Four and Five. Even under normal circumstances, there would be another sizable gap before Season Six premiered, but the nationwide lockdown could make it much bigger. The writers had just convened to plot out Season Six when California residents were told to shelter at home. In that small way, the timing was fortuitous; Gilligan and Gould would prefer to have their writers assembling in person, but it’s the one part of making a season that can still be accomplished under these circumstances.

Still, no one knows when people will be able to safely gather in large enough groups to actually produce the show, and there are other logistical headaches to be sorted out. (Studio space is limited, and productions that have already been disrupted by the pandemic could get priority, for instance.) Gould didn’t like it when Saul took 2019 off entirely, and while Gilligan hopes Season Six will be ready to premiere in the fall of 2021, if they can begin filming this autumn, he says, “You’re going to have to ask Dr. Fauci here.”

well, shoot. I was wrwrwrrooong. I know i read it, but obviously bad info. If I knew how, I’d attach a clip of fring right here saying “that’s a technicality” (from last night’s episode)

maybe it’s something from her childhood that we don’t yet know about.
Before this weeks episode, I was wondering how Kim could tolerate Jimmy. I was thinking of the flashback where Kim turns down a ride from her mom because her mom had been drinking. My thought was that maybe her mom dies after Kim pushes her away and so she embraces Jimmy’s antics no matter what.

After watching this week, and specifically her going all in for ruining Howard, makes me think she has been hiding her inner dark side. I guess doing the pro bono work makes up for it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT