ADVERTISEMENT

Better Call Saul tonight

Jimmy becomes the lawyers for the mob with a happy path to witness protection
Jimmy is in the a Game now, but would he really be working with petty criminals and maintaining the over the top Saul Goodman persona in Breaking Bad if he was still in the game? I’m thinking he doesn’t remain a cartel lawyer after this Lalo mess.

Reactions: Bob78 and LionJim
Jimmy is in the a Game now, but would he really be working with petty criminals and maintaining the over the top Saul Goodman persona in Breaking Bad if he was still in the game? I’m thinking he doesn’t remain a cartel lawyer after this Lalo mess.
I can’t say I’ve made that distinction. Good point.

Interview with Seehorn and Odenkirk breaking down the last 2 episodes.

https://ew.com/tv/better-call-saul-season-5-finale-bob-odenkirk-rhea-seehorn/

Excellent interview and some good insight on the thought that went into a couple of the Jimmy/Kim exchanges. Thanks for posting the link!

Fun comment at the end when they were talking about the status of Season 6:
>>>
ODENKIRK: So they're moving along real well. I'll say this about season 6: I hope we get to shoot it! [Laughs] I hope we figure out a way.

SEEHORN: I hope we don’t do it over Zoom.
<<<

After watching Jimmy Fallon do a show (understandably rough) from home, the idea of shooting a BCS episode over Zoom struck me as really funny.

Excellent interview and some good insight on the thought that went into a couple of the Jimmy/Kim exchanges. Thanks for posting the link!

Fun comment at the end when they were talking about the status of Season 6:
>>>
ODENKIRK: So they're moving along real well. I'll say this about season 6: I hope we get to shoot it! [Laughs] I hope we figure out a way.

SEEHORN: I hope we don’t do it over Zoom.
<<<

After watching Jimmy Fallon do a show (understandably rough) from home, the idea of shooting a BCS episode over Zoom struck me as really funny.
But you know that Gilligan would pull it off, and it would be groundbreaking and spectacular. I wouldn't put anything past him to accomplish what he wants in cinematography

Interesting article with Gilligan and Gould. This season owes a lot to Gould as Gilligan has been more hands off but apparently will be involved more in the final season. Interesting that they say they don't plan too far away ahead so even they don't know what is going to happen, and Kim's switch was a late addition. Apparently Gilligan was against Lalo being in the series but Gould argued for it and Gilligan eventually relented.

https://www.rollingstone.com/tv/tv-...ul-season-5-finale-creators-interview-984340/

Interesting article with Gilligan and Gould. This season owes a lot to Gould as Gilligan has been more hands off but apparently will be involved more in the final season. Interesting that they say they don't plan too far away ahead so even they don't know what is going to happen, and Kim's switch was a late addition. Apparently Gilligan was against Lalo being in the series but Gould argued for it and Gilligan eventually relented.

https://www.rollingstone.com/tv/tv-...ul-season-5-finale-creators-interview-984340/
thanks for the post...good info.

many years ago I had breakfast at the Chateau Marmont in Hollywood. Next to me sat a team of writers for a Rob Lowe TV show named "the lyons den". They were waiting to see if they got picked up but decided they'd map the general story line out. It was interesting as they went through the characters and came up with plot lines and twists. They were very careful not to go too far out on a limb, as many plot lines painted them into a corner. the show, it ended up, didn't get picked up. But I like how these things are crafted.

This show needs a spin off. Maybe Howard, Chuck, and Howard's dad at Hamlin, Hamlin, and McGill in the early days. Howard could slowly get Chuck to go crazy, and push his dad out.

Reactions: BBrown

My understanding was that Gilligan directed episode 8 this season which according to most was the best episode of the season. I think Bob Odenkirk mentioned that he had directed it when appearing on Conan last week, and he told everyone to watch it if they hadn't because he also felt it was a fantastic episode and among the best of the series.

Unfortunately I made the mistake of watching the very first episode last night (season 1, episode 1).

Unfortunately I made the mistake of watching the very first episode last night (season 1, episode 1).

giphy.gif

With the huge gap between some of the seasons it's probably better to start now honestly. The timing has really caused me to forget a lot of content from the prior seasons. I didn't get into Breaking Bad until the gap in the final season, similar to what you are doing with Saul. I binged seasons 1 through the first half of season 5 during that gap and was able to watch the second half of season 5 on the original air date. That was ideal because I wasn't in danger of seeing any spoilers from the end of the series and the whole story was fresh in my mind as it wrapped up.

I may join him. A second viewing of shows like this can be great. The second time I watched Game of Thrones, it made so much more sense.
I should try that with GOT. I loved it, but not having read any of the books and having difficulty hearing dialogue it was tough to follow.

Oh, the movie Kim and Jimmy sit down to watch is His Girl Friday, which is about a woman who gets sucked into returning into a relationship she knows is bad for her. (It’s actually one of the best screwball comedies ever made.)
After watching the final episode of Season 5, I realize that Gilligan bringing in His Girl Friday was more prescient than I at first realized. In His Girl Friday, the woman is indeed sucked into a relationship she realizes is bad for her but it is also the relationship in which she feels most alive and in which she is every bit as devious and corrupt as the man she’s in love with.

After watching the final episode of Season 5, I realize that Gilligan bringing in His Girl Friday was more prescient than I at first realized. In His Girl Friday, the woman is indeed sucked into a relationship she realizes is bad for her but it is also the relationship in which she feels most alive and in which she is every bit as devious and corrupt as the man she’s in love with.
You get easter egg hunter of the season for this. And what a great idea by Gilligan/Gould.

I have to ask. How did you know what movie was playing? Does the closed caption tell you the title when she turned on the tv? Does cc show a brief bit of movie dialogue and you recognized it?

You get easter egg hunter of the season for this. And what a great idea by Gilligan/Gould.

I have to ask. How did you know what movie was playing? Does the closed caption tell you the title when she turned on the tv? Does cc show a brief bit of movie dialogue and you recognized it?
“Hildy” and “Walter.” Like I said, I had watched His Girl Friday” only the week before. I was already familiar with it so it’s likely I would have caught the reference regardless.

To clarify, the woman is a newspaper reporter and the man is the newspaper’s editor. Use your imagination.

“Hildy” and “Walter.” Like I said, I had watched His Girl Friday” only the week before. I was already familiar with it so it’s likely I would have caught the reference regardless.
So, those 2 names showed up in CC and you made the connection. I do recall that you had just watched it, but wasn't sure how could tell it was playing in the background.

So, those 2 names showed up in CC and you made the connection. I do recall that you had just watched it, but wasn't sure how could tell it was playing in the background.
sometimes I think Jim cheats and visits other BCS blogs and finds out this information!! LOL

Reactions: LionJim
sometimes I think Jim cheats and visits other BCS blogs and finds out this information!! LOL
No, I swear. Go check my posts here; you will find many posts where I say I didn’t think of this myself but read it in a blog. This thread beats any blog I’ve encountered, anyway.

I’m a mathematician. In my work I’m precise and everything I write is proven, mathematically sound, every step verified. This carries over to how I post here. I’m very careful with what I say and how I say it. That’s just me.

Last edited:
Reactions: BVSt.Paul
No, I swear. Go check my posts here; you will find many posts where I say I didn’t think of this myself but read it in a blog. This thread beats any blog I’ve encountered, anyway.

I’m a mathematician. In my work I’m precise and everything I write is proven, mathematically sound, every step verified. This carries over to how I post here. I’m very careful with what I say and how I say it. That’s just me.
I know just giving out a hard time!

I binged S5 the past 2 days,
Kim really seems keen on taking Howard out. I see her facilitating a sexual harassment suit (debating on whether it was she who was assaulted) to bring Howard down.

Reactions: LionJim
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT