ADVERTISEMENT

Better Call Saul tonight

Some stuff I’ve learned, from here and there:
  1. There will be six seasons, 63 episodes total, one more than Breaking Bad.
  2. From reading between the lines, I believe that much of season six will focus on Gene in Omaha, after Walter’s death, and that the last scene is NOT going to show Gene at his post at the Cinnabon.
  3. Guessing: Season five will show Jimmy getting more and more involved with Mike and, by extension, Gus.
  4. It’s a total guess here, but I believe Kim’s fate, or, rather, the fate of her relationship with Jimmy, will be decided in season five.

2. From reading between the lines, I believe that much of season six will focus on Gene in Omaha, and that the last scene is NOT going to show Gene at his post at the Cinnabon.
  3. Guessing: Season five will show Jimmy getting more and more involved with Mike and, by extension, Gus.
  4. It’s a total guess here, but I believe Kim’s fate, or, rather, the fate of her relationship with Jimmy, will be decided in season five.

Re. Kim, my guess is that rather than dying she will leave, thus setting up the possibility of another series, a post-quel to BB.

I think so too. There has been no indication that Omaha Gene is pining for Kim as if she had passed.
I read an interview with Bob Odenkirk and he said he hoped Jimmy could find redemption. That got me thinking, how could he get redemption? Everyone from Breaking Bad is dead except for Jesse, who is in Alaska with a new identity. That leaves Howard or Kim and he's not going to do anything for Howard. He'll seek out Kim, that's my prediction.

I will and here’s to continuing good board relations between us sir!

I value your posts
giphy.gif

Reactions: 91Joe95
  2. From reading between the lines, I believe that much of season six will focus on Gene in Omaha, after Walter’s death, and that the last scene is NOT going to show Gene at his post at the Cinnabon.
I would be very surprised if this show didn't end in the Gene timeline, especially after viewing S5E1. It has to go beyond where Breaking Bad left off.
Saul has to be involved with Lalo at some point since this has been foreshadowed in BB. Will be interesting to see how that works with his teaming with Gus.

Seems like a matter of time before Kim is done with Saul. For a minute in S4, I thought she may break bad too, but probably not likely. I don't think they are going to write her off the show quickly, so this is probably a season long break up.

Before this show ends, I would like to see parts of a timeline that is concurrent with BB. Would be cool to see alternate perspectives or augmentations to some BB scenes.

one thing that may help with the soon to be crossing timeline.

in an episode of BB at the beginning you see Gayle unboxing all of the new lab equipment. During that scene he tells Gus the quality of the sample Gus had him run. That sample was the blue.

So my questions:

How long til the super lab is done?
When will Saul cross with Badger and thus introducing Saul into the BB world?

I would guess right now that the BB world is probably right when Walt in about the have his birthday.

How about this for a really long term prediction. Kim eventually breaks with Jimmy/Saul and leaves him and then BCS ends. A sequel involving Gene in Omaha gets going. And part of that involves Jimmy getting long conned by someone...and that someone turns out to be Kim, either out of vengence to get back at him or as a lesson in a precursor to them getting together?

Remember how Jimmy turned Kim onto conning people with the Giselle thing at the bar and some other things? Maybe it'll be a case of the student ending up out-mastering the master.

How about this for a really long term prediction. Kim eventually breaks with Jimmy/Saul and leaves him and then BCS ends. A sequel involving Gene in Omaha gets going. And part of that involves Jimmy getting long conned by someone...and that someone turns out to be Kim, either out of vengence to get back at him or as a lesson in a precursor to them getting together?

Remember how Jimmy turned Kim onto conning people with the Giselle thing at the bar and some other things? Maybe it'll be a case of the student ending up out-mastering the master.
The potential of a long con with Kim, fascinating.

I hope Howard showing up is going somewhere story wise. I'm not sure I found Mike snapping at his granddaughter and holding a grudge to be very believable.

I hope Howard showing up is going somewhere story wise. I'm not sure I found Mike snapping at his granddaughter and holding a grudge to be very believable.
I am not sure where the Mike yelling was coming from either. In BB he did everything for that little girl. Could that be what he goes back for, to start making the money for her? Is that really maybe why he had a dislike for Walter because Mike actually did work to make money for his family.

I am not sure where the Mike yelling was coming from either. In BB he did everything for that little girl. Could that be what he goes back for, to start making the money for her? Is that really maybe why he had a dislike for Walter because Mike actually did work to make money for his family.
The writing rarely lets me down, but that was a lazy scene. I get that they are trying to show that Mike is in a bad mental space, but he went from 0 to 60 in a second with the person he seems to care the most about.

Well, Hank is back. Great to see.

The opening scene with the ants was great. Big part of why I love this show.

I would guess right now that the BB world is probably right when Walt in about the have his birthday.
I think we are still well before that. Crazy 8 would have to be out of jail and well established as a distributor again.
However, Saul and Lalo have now met, so we're getting closer.

Well, Hank is back. Great to see.

The opening scene with the ants was great. Big part of why I love this show.

I think we are still well before that. Crazy 8 would have to be out of jail and well established as a distributor again.
However, Saul and Lalo have now met, so we're getting closer.

I didn't see last nights show, I will watch it tonight. But besides the acting and story I absolutely love the way the show is "blocked" and "Filmed" The cinematography is genius.

The writing rarely lets me down, but that was a lazy scene. I get that they are trying to show that Mike is in a bad mental space, but he went from 0 to 60 in a second with the person he seems to care the most about.
misplaced aggression. Mike was freaked out about the German guy whom he cared greatly for but had to snuff. Mike then has to deal with Fring. Mike now realizes he is into Fring for the long haul and had to kill a good guy. He can't fight Fring so he takes it out on someone next to him (his grand daughter). This is very typical of people with temper problems and beat their dog, spouse, kids. It comes from noplace and then they are very remorseful (setting up a cycle of abuse). Mike isn't a nice guy, if you didn't already know. he is likable, in that setting, but he isn't a nice guy.

misplaced aggression. Mike was freaked out about the German guy whom he cared greatly for but had to snuff. Mike then has to deal with Fring. Mike now realizes he is into Fring for the long haul and had to kill a good guy. He can't fight Fring so he takes it out on someone next to him (his grand daughter). This is very typical of people with temper problems and beat their dog, spouse, kids. It comes from noplace and then they are very remorseful (setting up a cycle of abuse). Mike isn't a nice guy, if you didn't already know. he is likable, in that setting, but he isn't a nice guy.
I completely understand the reason for it and why they wrote the scene. Mike may not be a nice guy, but he never loses his cool and especially not with the one person that he truly cares for in the entire world. It was just an awkward and forced scene.

I’ll 2nd and 3rd the comments regarding cinematography- I’ve always loved that about this show (and BB).

Anyone else think Kim is headed to a darker place? She seamed (understandably) pretty fed up after the displaced homeowner tossed her aside,

I completely understand the reason for it and why they wrote the scene. Mike may not be a nice guy, but he never loses his cool and especially not with the one person that he truly cares for in the entire world. It was just an awkward and forced scene.
I agree... the whole scene just seemed like lazy obvious writing to me.

I’ll 2nd and 3rd the comments regarding cinematography- I’ve always loved that about this show (and BB).

Anyone else think Kim is headed to a darker place? She seamed (understandably) pretty fed up after the displaced homeowner tossed her aside,

Kim and Howard. I'm calling it now.

Reactions: sluggo72
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT