ADVERTISEMENT

Better Call Saul tonight

Yeah, but if it were a choice between Kim being legitimate or being a cartel lawyer, Jimmy would accept her going back to HHM. Anyway, I'm sure it's not going to happen. She hates Howard's guts, too, for one thing. And, what Mike said, "She's in the game now." Gilligan has to tie up her storyline somehow and her going back to HHM isn't the way to do it. Why not simply keep her at S&C if she was going to stay legitimate?

I'm wondering more and more if what @rem524 said about her calling up the vacuum cleaner guy isn't going to happen. Remember that in BB Jimmy is familiar with the vacuum cleaner guy; he knows about him and how he works. (This through the first time Jesse called the vacuum cleaner guy.) Well, how does he know? It might be through seeing Kim go through the process. This is an idea I hadn't thought of before and I'm now wondering if it's how things will go down. Maybe there's a happily ever after for Kim and Jimmy.
biggest problem with that theory is, the vacuum cleaner guy is dead (in real life, Robert Forrester sp?) so unless they filmed that earlier.... we will see.

Yeah, but if it were a choice between Kim being legitimate or being a cartel lawyer, Jimmy would accept her going back to HHM. Anyway, I'm sure it's not going to happen. She hates Howard's guts, too, for one thing. And, what Mike said, "She's in the game now." Gilligan has to tie up her storyline somehow and her going back to HHM isn't the way to do it. Why not simply keep her at S&C if she was going to stay legitimate?

I'm wondering more and more if what @rem524 said about her calling up the vacuum cleaner guy isn't going to happen. Remember that in BB Jimmy is familiar with the vacuum cleaner guy; he knows about him and how he works. (This through the first time Jesse called the vacuum cleaner guy.) Well, how does he know? It might be through having seen Kim go through the process. This is an idea I hadn't thought of before and I'm now wondering if it's how things will go down. Maybe there's a happily ever after for Kim and Jimmy.
The Disappear Man is dead and they already paid tribute to him on the show.....so little chance of that.....

Reactions: 91Joe95
biggest problem with that theory is, the vacuum cleaner guy is dead (in real life, Robert Forrester sp?) so unless they filmed that earlier.... we will see.
They could make reference to him without actually showing him. My impression was that Saul is connected to him through Gus, so this couldn't happen until Saul and Gus have met and become familiar with each other.

Entirely possible, but I think Gilligan would prefer to keep her character active through as much of S6 as possible.

As for Kim’s upcoming meeting with Howard (teased in the preview), I suspect that Howard will be warning Kim (in so many words) that Jimmy is now Saul and that the consequences for her sticking with him could be considerable. In fact, I’m wondering if her decision to leave S&C is in part due to her desire to avoid the uncomfortable blowback she would undoubtedly get from Rich, et al, once it becomes common knowledge that her husband just delivered $7M cash bail for a murder suspect who is now AWOL.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ranger Dan
I liked the filming of Kim looking through the bullet hole in Jimmy's cup, and Lalo looking through the bullet hole in Jimmy's car. Great camera work and great tie in to both seeing through Jimmy's lies.

The side by side of Jimmy in the dessert and Kim in the condo was great. Both downing their drink of choice at the same time: water and piss.
Jimmy was drinking Iron City?

Reactions: CentexLion

I'm wondering more and more if what @rem524 said about her calling up the vacuum cleaner guy isn't going to happen. Remember that in BB Jimmy is familiar with the vacuum cleaner guy; he knows about him and how he works. (This through the first time Jesse called the vacuum cleaner guy.) Well, how does he know? It might be through having seen Kim go through the process. This is an idea I hadn't thought of before and I'm now wondering if it's how things will go down. Maybe there's a happily ever after for Kim and Jimmy.

Maybe Nacho and his dad also used the cleaner. One can hope.

CBbmN1gVAAE8J9C.jpg

Maybe it’s the isolation, but I have to say I’m really looking forward to this last episode of the season. This has been a great season, just amazing, and I’ve got a feeling that Gilligan is going to come up with something special. I wonder if we’ll see any Omaha scenes; I would think that we’re due one of those.

I think I would be fine "self-isolating" at the Salamanca Compound. WOW.

If I'm not mistaken the music during the scene where Nacho was rummaging in the kitchen to
start the fire
was also used in Breaking Bad. I think it may have been in the episode where Walt
decides to go into hiding via the vacuum guy and rushes home only to discover that lots of the money in the crawl space is missing because Skyler gave it to Beneke.

Give it up boys!
We should have seen it coming a mile away.

I wonder if there is something in her childhood that might have lead to this. We’ve always thought (as Howard implied, and as Chuck warned her) that Jimmy would be the one to lead her astray. Well, maybe it’s something from her childhood that we don’t yet know about. One thing for sure, she didn’t leave S&C because she wanted to work pro bono, she left because she can’t (or won’t) do her Sandpiper scam while still at S&C. This scam has been in her head for a long time. And (and I’m not saying this will happen), if the scam goes bad she can always blame Jimmy and everyone will believe her.

We need to understand now that it’s not about Howard, it’s about the money. Her learning about the bowling balls was just an excuse for her to get Jimmy into the scam. How do we know? Because she quit S&C. You saw her last night, how she wanted to stay in at the hotel ordering room service.

I’m done underestimating that woman. Gilligan has yanked me around long enough.

We should have seen it coming a mile away.

I wonder if there is something in her childhood that might have lead to this. We’ve always thought (as Howard implied, and as Chuck warned her) that Jimmy would be the one to lead her astray. Well, maybe it’s something from her childhood that we don’t yet know about. One thing for sure, she didn’t leave S&C because she wanted to work pro bono, she left because she can’t (or won’t) do her Sandpiper scam while still at S&C. This scam has been in her head for a long time. And (and I’m not saying this will happen), if the scam goes bad she can always blame Jimmy and everyone will believe her.

We need to understand now that it’s not about Howard, it’s about the money. Her learning about the bowling balls was just an excuse for her to get Jimmy into the scam. How do we know? Because she quit S&C. You saw her last night, how she wanted to stay in at the hotel ordering room service.

I’m done underestimating that woman. Gilligan has yanked me around long enough.

Very well thought out! Great stuff, huh? I would only add that I think the money is secondary to Kim. It's the adrenaline rush and thrill of the scam that she's after. She quit S & C because she was bored. That's what her taking the fancy top of the Tequila bottle from her scam with Jimmy was hinting at.
All hail Gilligan and Gould!!!

Very well thought out! Great stuff, huh? I would only add that I think the money is secondary to Kim. It's the adrenaline rush and thrill of the scam that she's after. She quit S & C because she was bored. That's what her taking the fancy top of the Tequila bottle from her scam with Jimmy was hinting at.
All hail Gilligan and Gould!!!
Yeah, her being bored is part of it and also her wanting to experience the thrill of the scam. So here's the $64,000 question: when did she come up with the Sandpiper scam? I say it was before she left S&C. If you remember, Jimmy had just that morning told her of the $100K cash. Like I said, I'm tired of Gilligan yanking me around. I say that Kim has gone full Breaking Bad.

Last edited:
Kim has always been on the “dark side” but we just have forgotten the episodes. Her getting screwed over by Howard and banished to file review because of the Sandpiper case, her supporting Jimmy in the screw job Jimmy did at Kinkos to Chuck’s filings for the Sandpiper case, helping Jimmy with scamming the dude with the Zafiro Anejo tequila, subverting the deal for the Mesa Verde call center. It was in front of us all the time but we were all too focused on Jimmy, the obvious schlep rock.

I'll probably get killed for this because a lot on this thread love to blow anything Vince and Gould do....but....I was kind of disappointed in the episode tonight. Just didn't scream season finale to me like their other seasons of BCS and the BB seasons.I enjoyed it, but nothing said to me :OMG, how dare they end it like this!"

Yep. It was the old misdirection. We were all so focused on Jimmy and his story, that we neglected Kim's descent to the dark side. It's Kim Breaking Bad just as much as anyone.
Because of her absence from Breaking Bad, though, the big question of what happens to her still remains.

I'll probably get killed for this because a lot on this thread love to blow anything Vince and Gould do....but....I was kind of disappointed in the episode tonight. Just didn't scream season finale to me like their other seasons of BCS and the BB seasons.I enjoyed it, but nothing said to me :OMG, how dare they end it like this!"
I agree and was about to post the same thing. I wanted some kind of conclusion to something. There was no conclusion, none at all. I knew there would be a cliff hanger into next season, but feel they owed the viewer to do something.

I understand your perspective, but for me Kim going rogue was shocking as hell.

Nacho’s future is not bright

Some spoilers, so read at your own risk:

Neither is Nacho's father's, I suspect. Lalo losing innocent loved ones, despite Nacho giving the warning ahead of time, more or less paved the way for that, unfortunately.

Gus may rethink the phrase "the very best" when it comes to hit squads. There's Mike, then there's everyone else.

Lalo is going to be a tough out. But the seemingly indestructible twins from BB were eventually taken out. Those Salamancas are one crazy fam. Mike to the rescue next season, I guess. But a better twist would be for Kim - or Jimmy! - to somehow get that done, then for Kim to get outta Dodge.

Overall, I thought this season-ender was a little predictable, although it certainly set up any number of story paths for the final season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT