ADVERTISEMENT

"Better Call Saul" returns tomorrow night on AMC at 9:00.

I think that was the "agave" top to a really expensive bottle of Tequila that her and Jimmy shared when they ran one of their "cons" way
back in season 1.
Thanks. That's what I thought, but wasn't 100% sure.

Definitely an interesting development. I wonder if Kim ultimately ends up dead or in prison?

Yea I did not expect Kim to break bad.

Yeah wasn't that nicely set up. I wonder if anybody saw that coming. They had us all ready to believe that Kim would finally choose career over Jimmy's cons. But the risk turns her on, it's the only thing that makes her laugh and gives her joy. The rest of her life is pretty dull.

Loved the scene where she emerges from the meeting with the prosecutor, keeps this perfect poker face, but all she wants to do is f--- Jimmy in the stairwell. and then the scene where she's just hanging in bed with Jimmy listening to his (bad) Cajun preacher impersonation. That's the best part of her day. Who would have thought it but Kim is really into being a criminal. Can't wait to see where this goes now. She's going to die or go to jail, it will break Jimmy's heart but it won't be Jimmy's fault -- it's what Kim wants.

Yeah wasn't that nicely set up. I wonder if anybody saw that coming. They had us all ready to believe that Kim would finally choose career over Jimmy's cons. But the risk turns her on, it's the only thing that makes her laugh and gives her joy. The rest of her life is pretty dull.

Loved the scene where she emerges from the meeting with the prosecutor, keeps this perfect poker face, but all she wants to do is f--- Jimmy in the stairwell. and then the scene where she's just hanging in bed with Jimmy listening to his (bad) Cajun preacher impersonation. That's the best part of her day. Who would have thought it but Kim is really into being a criminal. Can't wait to see where this goes now. She's going to die or go to jail, it will break Jimmy's heart but it won't be Jimmy's fault -- it's what Kim wants.
Yeah, that twist came out of nowhere. I just don't have the kind of imagination you need to be able to see things like that coming.

Last edited:
Reactions: BBrown
I think that was the "agave" top to a really expensive bottle of Tequila that her and Jimmy shared when they ran one of their "cons" way
back in season 1.

It really lead into her statement of "Let's do it again". She kept a memento from their con - she was reminiscing over their fun times. Why do boring banking law or even straight criminal law, when you can be Giselle? She wants to feel alive again.

Reactions: TenerHallTerror
Whose ID's were Nacho looking at by the safe, and who is the cook at the end of the show working for ?

Whose ID's were Nacho looking at by the safe, and who is the cook at the end of the show working for ?
They were fake IDs for him (Nacho) and his dad so they can escape to Canada (Manitoba DLs) either if something goes wrong (or maybe if he's just "had enough" and wants out).

The "cook" works for the Salamancas (he's related to Hector). Nacho has taken over the Salamanca's drug trade in ABQ now that Hector is paralyzed, but he's being controlled by Gus Fring (because Gus knows Nacho switched out Hector's pills). So the arrival of someone from the Salamanca family to provide oversight is going to cause problems.

They were fake IDs for him (Nacho) and his dad so they can escape to Canada (Manitoba DLs) either if something goes wrong (or maybe if he's just "had enough" and wants out).

The "cook" works for the Salamancas (he's related to Hector). Nacho has taken over the Salamanca's drug trade in ABQ now that Hector is paralyzed, but he's being controlled by Gus Fring (because Gus knows Nacho switched out Hector's pills). So the arrival of someone from the Salamanca family to provide oversight is going to cause problems.

Its weird and honest I'm not attracted to bad people.
But I like Nacho and I liked The Twins. :D

Reactions: Bob78
Its weird and honest I'm not attracted to bad people.
But I like Nacho and I liked The Twins. :D
I view Nacho in many of the same ways I view Jesse Pinkman. He seems to be smart and at heart a good person, but has done some pretty horrible things. He's also deeply unhappy, even when things seem to be going well and the money is rolling in.

The Twins are just evil. Cool characters, but just evil.

See I had another take. I think Jimmy is going to sell out Kim. They are going to get caught doing something illegal and he is going to roll over on her. I guess we will find out eventually.

I'm doubling down on my theory that Kim is totally going to **** Jimmy over.

The twins remind me of the twins from the matrix. You know the two that are so alike and they can fade in and fade out of this dimension.

I was waiting for Kim to say let’s do it again when jimmy was going on and on she was literally taking a nap duurknh that meeting.

I am curious as to what will happen with the German crew. They are working at lengths to establish those characters. I think they all end up in the dumpster in the end.

Interesting thought. Anything is possible with this show. I would expect Jimmy to sacrifice himself to protect Kim.

But maybe it backfires and she ends up going to prison or dying.

We do know that Jimmy somehow emerges with his law license. We also know that things won't end well with her.

The other thing I wonder is, at what point are Jimmy and Kim going to come in contact with the Gus/Mike/Nacho/Salamanca side of the story. It's been parallel plots with no intersections for a really long time now. Maybe now that Kim has made her choice that she wants to play for the dark side.

See I had another take. I think Jimmy is going to sell out Kim. They are going to get caught doing something illegal and he is going to roll over on her. I guess we will find out eventually.

The other thing I wonder is, at what point are Jimmy and Kim going to come in contact with the Gus/Mike/Nacho/Salamanca side of the story. It's been parallel plots with no intersections for a really long time now.
I wonder if this intersects via the Germans. Maybe the troublemaker (Kai?) needs an attorney and Kim/Jimmy come to the rescue?

Interesting thought. Anything is possible with this show. I would expect Jimmy to sacrifice himself to protect Kim.

But maybe it backfires and she ends up going to prison or dying.

We do know that Jimmy somehow emerges with his law license. We also know that things won't end well with her.

The other thing I wonder is, at what point are Jimmy and Kim going to come in contact with the Gus/Mike/Nacho/Salamanca side of the story. It's been parallel plots with no intersections for a really long time now. Maybe now that Kim has made her choice that she's going to be a criminal.....

But do we know that? I don't remember anything in BB that foreshadows Kim.

Just caught up last night.
Is it possible that Kim is with Saul all through BB and we just never see her? That idea never even crossed my mind before. Very interesting twist.

I think something bad will happen to Kim because of Jimmy (not going out too far on a limb here). She will get caught and either leave town for good or go to prison.

And Jimmy will be left all alone in the world. Never acknowledging his problems.

Is it possible that Kim is with Saul all through BB and we just never see her? That idea never even crossed my mind before. Very interesting twist.
I always thought that was a possibility as well.

In my opinion, no, it would be a cop out for the writers to go this way. There's the possibility that she'll get scared straight and dump Jimmy once and for all but I'm thinking now that this will be too easy. Killing her off, also too easy. I really think now that the writers are going to pull a unicorn out of their ass. Maybe she'll meet the same fate as Marlo Stanfield in "The Wire," she'll be blackmailed into leaving the game.

Someone brought up the possibility of Jimmy screwing her over; I don't see that happening at all.

Last edited:
In my opinion, no, it would be a cop out for the writers to go this way. There's the possibility that she'll get scared straight and dump Jimmy once and for all but I'm thinking now that this will be too easy. Killing her off, also too easy. I really think now that the writers are going to pull a unicorn out of their ass. Maybe she'll meet the same fate as Marlo Stanfield in "The Wire," she'll be blackmailed into leaving the game.

Someone brought up the possibility of Jimmy screwing her over; I don't see that happening at all.
Totally agree with the last part. As scummy as Jimmy can be, he is a good guy at heart (i.e. when he does right at the old folks home in the end). Screwing over Kim is maybe the last thing he would do.

Why do you think it is a cop out to have Kim stay with Jimmy and be part of his underground dealings? Before this week, that would be the last think anyone expected. I know it's probably unlikely. I do agree that her fate will now be something that is unexpected, or your unicorn from the ass theory (sounds painful).

watched it last night and just had to say the details are just do awesome. Last week they have this throw away scene where Werner talks about his father's accomplishments; spending ten years of his life to engineer the Sydney Opera House. At one point, Werner pauses in awe of his father but painful reflection that here he is stuck in a hole building something for bad guys (a place to cook meth). So he gets drunk and starts bragging to random guys in a bar to show them how smart he is. Why? Because he hasn't lived up to his father's success, reputation and expectations. He just can't help himself. He is being paid a lot to engineer this but the money isn't scratching the itch left by his father's incredible legacy. This is just way too true to real life from what I've seen and experienced in life.

Why do you think it is a cop out to have Kim stay with Jimmy and be part of his underground dealings? Before this week, that would be the last think anyone expected. I know it's probably unlikely. I do agree that her fate will now be something that is unexpected, or your unicorn from the ass theory (sounds painful).
Because it’s too easy a resolution. Kim is Jimmy’s partner in B.B. and we never hear from her?

Because it’s too easy a resolution. Kim is Jimmy’s partner in B.B. and we never hear from her?
If Saul is involved in such shady dealings in BB, there is no way he is going to introduce his partner to the shady characters. That would be a pretty easy way to explain her absence. We'll have to see. It would be pretty damn interesting to find out that she was shadowy background figure in BB.

Reactions: LionJim
No comments on the finale yet?

Looks like Jimmy is officially Saul now and his final acting job may have done it for Kim. Seems like she finally realizes that she will never be able to trust him after this.

I never really picked up on it, but Mike was also on a journey to break bad. Have we seen him kill anyone in BCS yet? Seems like killing Werner was his transition from part-time criminal to thug hit man. Surely this moment broke him a bit.

Does Gilligan round this thing off a 5 seasons like he did with BB? I think one more season can get us from the start of Saul to meeting Walter White, with hopefully some time to explore post BB Saul.

It seems Jimmy is bi-polar, Kim, i believe has taken 2 steps back from him now romantically at least, and maybe professionally too, Jimmy does sucker her back with his smooth talk, but he could have jumped the shark with his testimony. I think Jimmy's testimony was true, he just doesn't want to admit it to Kim, that't why she wanted him to see someone .

Just a hunch i think Kim gets killed in a shock sort of way, like her car accident, or gets deep in dirt with Saul and has to go deep into hiding.
In BB Jimmy has the strip mall office, curious if he starts next season there of co-ops with Kim.

Just as I suspected....
Odenkirk: "And I do think that at some point the [writers] want to tell the story of Gene. I don’t know whether that’s one episode or three or six, of this guy who is maybe a fourth iteration of the character after “Breaking Bad” when he has to resurface in some capacity. How he does that, what that looks like, who he is then."

Reactions: canuckhal
I never really picked up on it, but Mike was also on a journey to break bad. Have we seen him kill anyone in BCS yet? Seems like killing Werner was his transition from part-time criminal to thug hit man. Surely this moment broke him a bit.

I view this a little bit differently. I think Mike has tried to escape "being bad" but cannot.

We know that he killed two cops (the cops who killed his son) in Philly.

We also know he was a Marine sniper prior to being a cop (not that this is "bad" but it means that he isn't unaccustomed to pulling the trigger).

He doesn't want to kill the German. He gets no joy in it. He argues with Fring about it. But he eventually does it because he has to.

This is, in my mind, really, really different from Jimmy (who enjoy a scam) or Walt (who enjoys being Heisenberg).

Reactions: canuckhal
No comments on the finale yet?

Looks like Jimmy is officially Saul now and his final acting job may have done it for Kim. Seems like she finally realizes that she will never be able to trust him after this.

Does Gilligan round this thing off a 5 seasons like he did with BB? I think one more season can get us from the start of Saul to meeting Walter White, with hopefully some time to explore post BB Saul.

Jimmy's last line..."It's all good, man."

I view this a little bit differently. I think Mike has tried to escape "being bad" but cannot.

We know that he killed two cops (the cops who killed his son) in Philly.

We also know he was a Marine sniper prior to being a cop (not that this is "bad" but it means that he isn't unaccustomed to pulling the trigger).

He doesn't want to kill the German. He gets no joy in it. He argues with Fring about it. But he eventually does it because he has to.

This is, in my mind, really, really different from Jimmy (who enjoy a scam) or Walt (who enjoys being Heisenberg).
I forgot about shooting the dirty cops. Maybe I should have put it a different way. It's not the moment he breaks bad, but it's the moment he transitions to Frings hit man. To this point, he has killed for reasons he thinks are justifiable. Now, he is killing for his job.

Reactions: sluggo72
I forgot about shooting the dirty cops. Maybe I should have put it a different way. It's not the moment he breaks bad, but it's the moment he transitions to Frings hit man. To this point, he has killed for reasons he thinks are justifiable. Now, he is killing for his job.

One could argue that Mike could have let someone else pull the trigger. But that would have potentially put him in dutch with Fring. I suppose it was either run or allow the German to be killed, and if you aren't going to run you might as well do it yourself.

Mike feels he is already damned for getting his son killed.

I think part of it was pity. He didn't want to see the german's wife die too since he genuinely liked him, so he told him what would happen. At that point, because he liked him, he figured it would be easier just to put him out of his misery. I think the other part is Mike realizing just how deep in he now is and that he cannot get out. I don't think before this he truly appreciated the brutality of Fring.

I think part of it was pity. He didn't want to see the german's wife die too since he genuinely liked him, so he told him what would happen. At that point, because he liked him, he figured it would be easier just to put him out of his misery. I think the other part is Mike realizing just how deep in he now is and that he cannot get out. I don't think before this he truly appreciated the brutality of Fring.
Generally agree. The big reason was because it was his mistake though and he had to make amends.
Main point though, this was a transition for Mike. Yeah, he is in deep now.

My guess is that Lalo and Gene cross paths in Omaha as the main climax of the entire show.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT