ADVERTISEMENT

Best hot sauce?

I am a hot sauce freak. This is my new favorite. Perfect amount of heat and great flavor. You can find it at Giant. At least here in Harrisburg.

5oz-bottle-New-for-website-with-ALL-NATURAL-HOT-SAUCE-.png

On your recommendation, I snagged some from the Giant in State College. A good, mild Louisiana sauce. A little sweet, but not nearly as sweet as the original Tiger Sauce.

Tried two new brands of hot sauce.

Slap Ya Mama Cajun Hot Sauce. Just your basic Louisiana style hot sauce. Nothing remarkable to make it worth buying over a Crystal or other mild Louisiana sauce. I believe I got it for $3.99 for a 5oz bottle.

slap.jpeg

I finally got around to cracking open the three flavors from Pepper Daddy. Low vinegar which makes them taste very much like the actual habanero peppers. Much like Melinda’s or Marie Sharp’s but not as thick.

The Green Lava, a mild sauce, is by far the best. Made with nopal and green habaneros, it has a fresh, vegetal flavor that makes it unique. Not many sauces use the green, unripened habs.

The original heat and extra heat are a standard red habanero & carrot sauce. Both very fresh tasting, but nothing special, especially at the price point. Price is @$9 for a 5oz bottle.

I would buy the Green Lava again, but might want to try it side by side with El Yuteco’s green habanero sauce to see if the nopal really makes a difference in taste.

pepperdaddy.jpeg

Thread is three pages long so I didn't read any of it.... But dirty dicks is the best hot sauce I've ever had... I can't keep it in my house... Everyone loves it.

Texas Pete. Love it more than Frank's, and it's about half the cost.

Tabanero just released a limited edition XXX Hot sauce with habaneros & scorpion peppers. Only 1,000 bottles, mine was #210. It is one to be careful with. The scorpion burn kicks in fast. Good for a drizzle, not a pour. Like their other sauces, it uses lime juice instead of vinegar but any lime flavor is lost here. Not a very flavorful sauce but a good sauce for those that like a lot of heat. The burn doesn’t last too long, and no, this is not one of the psycho level sauces.

Tabanero XXX Extra Spicy

tabaneroxxx.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: ChiTownLion
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT