ADVERTISEMENT

Best hot sauce?

I love this stuff on hard boiled eggs. Tabasco is good in soups and Franks is good on things that just need a little kick (chips, sandwiches,etc.).
1654664.jpg

I’m a bit of a hot sauce fan, so I’ll be trying to track this down. Not a fan of the all heat no flavor sauces. My personal favorites that I usually have stocked in the fridge as well as 1 or 2 homemade concoctions

Louisiana style: Crystal

Caribbean style: Matouk’s Calypso

Mexican/Jalapeño style: Cholula & Trader Joe’s Green Dragon

Habanero style: Try Me Yucatán Sunshine & Melinda’s

Asian style: Haven’t found a sauce I really like, so I just use Sambal Olek & Gochujang pastes from the local international market. Find Siracha to be very one note.

This site is a great source for pepper recipes, including sauces.
https://www.chilipeppermadness.com/

Last edited:
In lieu of hot sauce, have you tried substituting hot chili oil (with or without the red pepper seeds) into your soup? The stuff at the authentic Chinese markets is outstanding.

It can turn any broth-based can of Progresso Light into another orbit.
Different sauces for different things. Louisiana is great for some soups.

Tabasco is good in soups

I listen to my babysitters - Latinas from Laredo who carry hot sauce in their purses:

s-l300.jpg

The Roja is great taco sauce and fantastic on sandwiches

Well, I'm going to buy some as that's about as good a recommendation as you can get. Have you tried all of those? Really interested in the Green Habanero and the Tlaquera Sauces.

My favorite is the Habanero when cooking with fresh peppers or with sauces - plenty of heat but also a great citrusy flavor. I know that ghost peppers and reapers are generally much hotter, but I prefer balance over just going nuclear, and those to me are pure heat and little else. Love those little orange habaneros and everything that they're in

My favorite is the Habanero when cooking with fresh peppers or with sauces - plenty of heat but also a great citrusy flavor. I know that ghost peppers and reapers are generally much hotter, but I prefer balance over just going nuclear, and those to me are pure heat and little else. Love those little orange habaneros and everything that they're in

If you like Habs, try and find some Scotch Bonnets. I think they have an even better flavor than Habaneros.

Reactions: BrucePa
I'm partial to Caribbean hot sauces with scotch bonnet peppers. I'm not really into super hot. One of my favorites was Chilero from Costa Rica. I haven't had it I. A few years tho because I can't find it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT