ADVERTISEMENT

Bad movies you love

Also...I can’t turn off Nacho Libre. No clue why. If my wife is leaving and says “Goodbye I love you...” I’ll follow up with “I love you too...BEEEEG HUUUG...LEETA KEEES...LEETA KEEES”. She generally shakes her head and smiles which is all I need.

9003-A9-AD-C25-E-4674-B513-15-BF55430-D05.gif
So perfect!

I'm using a rotten tomatoes rating as the measure of whether a movie is considered "bad." With that in mind, Hook received a 29% from critics on Rotten Tomatoes, and I think it's great.

Reactions: PSU87
I've got two that probably will never be shown on tv again, Terror Of Tiny Town and I'm Gonna Git You Sucka. Terror Of Tiny Town was a western made in 1938, and the whole cast was little people(they even rode Shetland ponies to keep the size right). "An evil gunslinging midget comes to terrorize the good little people of Tiny Town. The townspeople organize to defeat him, and zany antics ensue." Not the greatest western ever made, but there is something about the movie that brings out laughter from me. Luckily, I have my own copy since I'm sure this movie is buried deep in the PC vault. Imdb gave it a rating of 3.9... I'm Gonna Git You Sucka was a Keenan Ivory Wayans movie from 1988 that was a parody of blaxploitation movies of that era. Imdb gave it a much more respectable 6.6 rating.

Last edited:

That was how much of the world felt about Paul Verhoeven’s stilted, gloriously over-the-top Razzie winner when it was first released in 1995. (It remains the only NC-17 movie to see a wide release in the U.S., and it bombed so hard at the box office that it’s probably the sole reason there haven’t been any more.)

All Godzilla from 60/70s/80/90s but mostly Toho studio.

Van Helsing..I am movie snob yet this stupid movie shows up on TNT and I can't help watching. It is not love, perhaps so lovingly cliche and stupid in its genre to point of respectability. Sort of owns it.

Pacific Rim - maybe not bad as it got ok reviews but loved it completely. Second was trash.

I guess mine would have to be Waiting... If you’ve ever worked in a chain restaurant, it will hit home. So much is on point. Just about every character will remind you of someone you worked with, from the suck up to the girl pissed at everything. It’s hilarious! And there’s a lot of young talented actors that hadn’t quite hit the big time yet.

I was watching Vacation (Ed Helms and Christian Applegate) last night and it got me thinking about the bad movies we all watch and shamefully enjoy.

Vacation didnt get great reviews but I laugh the whole way through it. There are so many great lines in it. Up there with Vacation for me is The Other Guys, Fist Fight, and Horrible Bosses 1/2.

What say you?

The Postman

I guess mine would have to be Waiting... If you’ve ever worked in a chain restaurant, it will hit home. So much is on point. Just about every character will remind you of someone you worked with, from the suck up to the girl pissed at everything. It’s hilarious! And there’s a lot of young talented actors that hadn’t quite hit the big time yet.
Loved that movie. That also reminds me of another bad movie I love and that’s Van Wilder.

Reactions: Beachwineguy
RAD, with a very hot Lori Laughlin. The BMX dance scene is one of the most WTF moments in movie history. Bonus points for a Johnny Lawrence wannabe bad guy.

Reactions: Punxsyphil
MST 3000's take on an atrocious B & W flick called The Creeping Terror is hilarious. By itself, the movie is so bad that it's unintentionally funny. With the commentary it is unbeatable.

Shaun of The Dead
Twister
Wait - Shaun of the Dead???? It’s 7.9 on IMDB and 92% on Rotten Tomatoes. A critic’s darling and incredibly witty and funny. It is objectively not a bad movie in the slightest

My list - Hot Dog (the movie), Cocktail, Strange Brew (more average than bad rating wise), a lot of the classic horror franchises

I've got two that probably will never be shown on tv again, Terror Of Tiny Town and I'm Gonna Git You Sucka. Terror Of Tiny Town was a western made in 1938, and the whole cast was little people(they even rode Shetland ponies to keep the size right). "An evil gunslinging midget comes to terrorize the good little people of Tiny Town. The townspeople organize to defeat him, and zany antics ensue." Not the greatest western ever made, but there is something about the movie that brings out laughter from me. Luckily, I have my own copy since I'm sure this movie is buried deep in the PC vault. Imdb gave it a rating of 3.9... I'm Gonna Git You Sucka was a Keenan Ivory Wayans movie from 1988 that was a parody of blaxploitation movies of that era. Imdb gave it a much more respectable 6.6 rating.

I'm going to Git you Sucka and Undercover Brother are 2 of my all time favorites.
I mean its got Dave Chapelle in it. LOL...

Reactions: Midnighter2
Wait - Shaun of the Dead???? It’s 7.9 on IMDB and 92% on Rotten Tomatoes. A critic’s darling and incredibly witty and funny. It is objectively not a bad movie in the slightest

My list - Hot Dog (the movie), Cocktail, Strange Brew (more average than bad rating wise), a lot of the classic horror franchises
Cocktail is a quality choice for this thread👍

Definitely all the B sci-fi movies from Japan in the 60’s and 70’s. I’d watch “Monster Week” all week when ABC had the after school movies in the 70’s.

One my all time favorite movies is Commando...truly a classic...

Pure gold!!!

RAD, with a very hot Lori Laughlin. The BMX dance scene is one of the most WTF moments in movie history. Bonus points for a Johnny Lawrence wannabe bad guy.

My top one is probably Dune...I think its a lot of fun and I am a David Lynch fan.
It will be interesting to see what the new version is like. The trailer looks good.
But until then, enjoy....

“Bad Grandpa” with Johnny Knoxville. Strictly dick and balls type movies but really very funny

Reactions: uscgPSU

One, interesting that you looked up the ratings on Rotten Tomatoes. Two, I will admit that I may have been influenced by my wife's scale of bad movies to place it on my list. In example I think Archer is terrific. She however questions her decision to marry me every time I watch it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT