ADVERTISEMENT

Bad movies you love

My wife hates this movie. Hates it.

films_8-18_fog-city_big-trouble-little-china_poster.jpg

One, interesting that you looked up the ratings on Rotten Tomatoes. Two, I will admit that I may have been influenced by my wife's scale of bad movies to place it on my list. In example I think Archer is terrific. She however questions her decision to marry me every time I watch it.
I was more outraged than @BobPSU92. The 2 comedies I’ve most enjoyed in the theater in the last 2 decades or so are Shaun of the Dead and Tropic Thunder - I remember just walking out of both movies still laughing. And the character Ed has one of the greatest first lines in history given the context in which he says it (his best friend’s girlfriend is trying to get Ed out of the picture) “can I get any of you ***** a drink?”

Reactions: BBrown
I've mentioned this on this board before but I may be the only person on the planet that likes ...
Ishtar

The Fast and the Furious.

I will watch any of the fast and furious movies whenever they are on, but that first one is especially “bad” in an awesome way.
It had her in it too. I remember when she was a kid on As the World Turns:

iu

Reactions: Hotshoe
Everyone is missing the point. If you like them, they are inherently not bad movies. You are letting others views dictate what you like and that defeats the entire purpose of the art. Like what you like. Own and enjoy.

I think a movie is "bad" if the audience perceives the movie in a manner that would appear to be different from what the director/writer intended. A good example would be 'The Room'. Tommy Wiseau seemingly intended for the movie to be a serious romance but his acting and the dialogue is SO BAD that it is funny to watch. Further, its the cringe-worthy parts that make it fun.

Showgirls was a great example that somebody gave.

I was more outraged than @BobPSU92. The 2 comedies I’ve most enjoyed in the theater in the last 2 decades or so are Shaun of the Dead and Tropic Thunder - I remember just walking out of both movies still laughing. And the character Ed has one of the greatest first lines in history given the context in which he says it (his best friend’s girlfriend is trying to get Ed out of the picture) “can I get any of you ***** a drink?”

Wow I forgot about Tropic Thunder. Of course that was back when people still had a sense of humor and you could insult everyone without starting a riot. "You went full r*tard, you never go full r*tard."

I was watching Vacation (Ed Helms and Christian Applegate) last night and it got me thinking about the bad movies we all watch and shamefully enjoy.

Vacation didnt get great reviews but I laugh the whole way through it. There are so many great lines in it. Up there with Vacation for me is The Other Guys, Fist Fight, and Horrible Bosses 1/2.

What say you?
Doubt it has been mentioned, Malone, with Burt Reynolds and a young Cynthia Gibb, love the scene on the bridge.

Wait - Shaun of the Dead???? It’s 7.9 on IMDB and 92% on Rotten Tomatoes. A critic’s darling and incredibly witty and funny. It is objectively not a bad movie in the slightest

My list - Hot Dog (the movie), Cocktail, Strange Brew (more average than bad rating wise), a lot of the classic horror franchises
you mentioned Cocktail.....

Wow I forgot about Tropic Thunder. Of course that was back when people still had a sense of humor and you could insult everyone without starting a riot. "You went full r*tard, you never go full r*tard."
You about to cross some ****in lines!

• Haha
What do YOU mean? You wouldn’t say chineses. Chick, I knew you were my boy when I saw your avatar. Son2 and I HUH each other dozens of times a week.

Reactions: Chickenman Testa
Have to include Used Cars with Kurt Russell. Another is Broken Arrow with Travolta and Slater.

Reactions: MtNittany
I agree with you regarding Vacation....I think that movie is hilarious. I also love Cedar Rapids.
I live in Cedar Rapids and haven't seen it yet, even though the cast is great. It was filmed in Ann Arbor. There may be some overhead shots of the real Cedar Rapids, but that's it. Someday I'll get to it.

Wait - Shaun of the Dead???? It’s 7.9 on IMDB and 92% on Rotten Tomatoes. A critic’s darling and incredibly witty and funny. It is objectively not a bad movie in the slightest

My list - Hot Dog (the movie), Cocktail, Strange Brew (more average than bad rating wise), a lot of the classic horror franchises
Hot Dog is a classic. It's in my regular ski trip movie watch rotation along with Hot Tub Time Machine and GNAR. If you haven't seen GNAR I suggest watching it immediately! It's not a theatrical movie, just a bunch of Shane McConkey's friends screwing around and filming it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT