ADVERTISEMENT

B1G Championship Game Thread

Ugh Delaney lurking in the background with that Cheshire cat grin! I didnt think I could hate another human being this much. Good riddance!

Reactions: TheGLOV
Ohio State is so overrated. If you take out the statistics, scores, and records, PSU is just as good if not better. Same with Justin Fields. His 40:1 TD:INT ratio is misleading.

Spot on, right from Delanys office. Just garbage
ACC should be our home... this “big” conference is worth a lot less tv dollars without us and yet we never use that to our advantage. The mere threat of us leaving would cause delayne to crap his pants.

Reactions: MacNit07
It is sickening. Over the top rooting and spitting out falsehoods. “I know Wisconsin lost by 31, but I think they gave Ohio State their toughest game the first time they played them?” WTF?????

I thought with about 4 min tOSU had ball on Wisky 2 yd line and could have pounded it in with 3 straight runs. instead they ran on 1st and passed incomplete on 2nd and then had 5 yd penalty and then incomplete on 3rd. Just run TFB x 3 times and run the clock. probably would have take the clock to under 3 min with 38-21 lead. that would have done it for us. instead they almost got an end of the game TD due to a couple fluke plays.

That was quite a hummer Klatt gave the Badgers. I noticed that, while gushing about how much “better” Wisconsin’s record against common opponents was, Klatt never mentioned the Badgers’ faceplant against Illinois.
That’s Joel Klatt. He picks and chooses what he wants to focus on and spins or conveniently forgets the rest.

He’s not a fan of Penn St and never has been. He will always push another team over PSU in any comparison. A few years ago he was pushing Washington over PSU for bowls and the playoff. This year it’s Wisconsin.

The way he pushed Wisky and went back to it 2-3 times was more agenda like than just debating an issue.

It will be interesting to see what the committee does tomorrow. Klatt has set the discussion. While he doesn’t get a vote to decide, he certainly gets to set the agenda and stoke the fires of controversy like he did tonight with the committee in Dallas watching.

In 2016, PSU lost out and was punished by the committee for a bad loss to Pitt. Let’s see if the same logic is in place tomorrow with Wisconsin’s bad loss to Illinois.
Why should he get to decide who goes where. HE'S CALLING THE F'N GAME.

Why should he get to decide who goes where. HE'S CALLING THE F'N GAME.

Totally agree. Problem is he went on his little rant while the committee was in a hotel conference room in watching the game. He was lobbying the ranking committee and the Rose Bowl committee on what to do.

When was the last time you heard an announcer not just discuss what an interesting dilemma there is but actually spend the closing minutes of the game actively lobbying for team A over team B? (And it wasn’t who’s in or out of the playoff but rather who goes to a non playoff bowl game. I can’t remember ever seeing that before).

This is where Franklin ( you got your money now) should get up and plea his case on TV for PSU to the Rose. BTW say to JK , stick to the play by play, it's not your business where we should or shouldn't go.

Geez, UW Buckyville forum in full "Pedd State" mode over Rose bowl selection. Some pretty sick posts. I hope we keep beating their a$$.

WTF is up with Klatt? Does he have money on UW going to the Rose Bowl?? And Illinois??
Classic example of trying to change the rules to retrofit a narrative. Suddenly a 3rd loss doesn't matter? A CCG is no longer part of an "overall body of work"? It still would be for him if PSU was the one who lost the CCG.
It would be truly pathetic if the Rose committee was so weak-minded so as to be influenced by people like this...wow he's a MEDIA MEMBER...how important he must be!...
...for now we can give the rose committee the benefit of the doubt and even if they don't select PSU, they wouldn't have BEFORE Klatt's tirade anyway... lol
WI lost to OSU by more points than PSU did...TWICE

Wiscy will lose this but overall they are a very good program and consistently respectable nearly every season. They are always just an athlete or two away from great.
Wisconsin’s pass offense is from the Stone Age. Lucky to clear 100 yards when it counts. Are never going to win games against real teams when the games mean something. Tonight was no exception.

ACC should be our home... this “big” conference is worth a lot less tv dollars without us and yet we never use that to our advantage. The mere threat of us leaving would cause delayne to crap his pants.
Amen brother!

The East has won ALL of the conference championship games since realignment from leaders and legends...
Despite the fact that WI and PSU had comparable resumes THIS year, the league divisions as currently organized are unfortunately not set-up to enhance the likelihood of the 2 best teams playing in its championship game. That is unfortunate.

Wisconsin played well( first half only but still) not gonna be crying if and when they are sent to the Rose

However what Joel klatt did on air was extremely unprofessional and unnecessarily disrespectful towards penn state. Calling our game against OSU a fluke, mentioning the Minnesota game all while ignoring the Illinois loss and finding excuses for the 38-7 loss for Wisky in Columbus.

It was very odd indeed

Wisconsin played well( first half only but still) not gonna be crying if and when they are sent to the Rose

However what Joel klatt did on air was extremely unprofessional and unnecessarily disrespectful towards penn state. Calling our game against OSU a fluke, mentioning the Minnesota game all while ignoring the Illinois loss and finding excuses for the 38-7 loss for Wisky in Columbus.

It was very odd indeed

Completely f-ed up. It is one thing when promoting a team for the CFP but to take time to disparage Penn State's resume..well just unprecedented for me. Fox is the worst thing ever for BT. Announcers are unlistenable and now Klatt becoming spokesperson for Delaney's agenda. Who gives a sh*t that UW beat Minn. Iowa did the heavy work earlier otherwise that game becomes meaningless for BT Championship.

Reactions: psuno1 and TheGLOV
Totally agree. Problem is he went on his little rant while the committee was in a hotel conference room in watching the game. He was lobbying the ranking committee and the Rose Bowl committee on what to do.

When was the last time you heard an announcer not just discuss what an interesting dilemma there is but actually spend the closing minutes of the game actively lobbying for team A over team B? (And it wasn’t who’s in or out of the playoff but rather who goes to a non playoff bowl game. I can’t remember ever seeing that before).

Totally agree. Problem is he went on his little rant while the committee was in a hotel conference room in watching the game. He was lobbying the ranking committee and the Rose Bowl committee on what to do

Yep!

He definitely had an agenda.

Reactions: psuno1
I thought with about 4 min tOSU had ball on Wisky 2 yd line and could have pounded it in with 3 straight runs. instead they ran on 1st and passed incomplete on 2nd and then had 5 yd penalty and then incomplete on 3rd. Just run TFB x 3 times and run the clock. probably would have take the clock to under 3 min with 38-21 lead. that would have done it for us. instead they almost got an end of the game TD due to a couple fluke plays.

Klatt would not have called those ending plays a "fluke" sir!

:););););):)

I seem to remember Bob Costas doing that during the 1995 Orange Bowl.

If I was on the committee I would do the opposite and put Penn State in, not because I am a fan but to show the media we don’t care what you think!

Yep. Now we're supposed to adjust scores for points off turnovers, bad officiating (tOSU loses 7 right there), player injuries, weather conditions which adversely effect passing teams, whether the coach had a 'heavy night' previously, etc. The final score is no longer an arbiter of success. Life's no longer a b_tch. According to Clit we now get to make things up.

People like Joel Clit are the reason the playoff selection process was wrested away from the AP poll. Criticize the CFB committee all you want. Liken it to a gaggle of laymen (see Condi Rice) in the closet, choosing who goes and who doesn't, but it's better than letting these journalists hold sway.

Thank you.

That’s Joel Klatt. He picks and chooses what he wants to focus on and spins or conveniently forgets the rest.

He’s not a fan of Penn St and never has been. He will always push another team over PSU in any comparison. A few years ago he was pushing Washington over PSU for bowls and the playoff. This year it’s Wisconsin.

The way he pushed Wisky and went back to it 2-3 times was more agenda like than just debating an issue.

It will be interesting to see what the committee does tomorrow. Klatt has set the discussion. While he doesn’t get a vote to decide, he certainly gets to set the agenda and stoke the fires of controversy like he did tonight with the committee in Dallas watching.

In 2016, PSU lost out and was punished by the committee for a bad loss to Pitt. Let’s see if the same logic is in place tomorrow with Wisconsin’s bad loss to Illinois.

Just before halftime Gus Johnson asked Joel Clit if there were advantages to playing a team a second time. Joel answered in the affirmative, saying it gave the loser a chance to adjust its game plan for deficiencies. So that's how Wisky trimmed Ohio's margin of victory from 31 points to 13! PSU lost to Ohio by only eleven. Imagine how close the score would be if we had a second shot at Ohio. Or are we incapable of playing better a second time around because that's what Joel Clit is implying. That's the basis of his argument; that and points off turnovers shouldn't count. No bias there. :rolleyes:

Look, when it comes to the Rose Bowl it's my understanding the Rose Bowl Committee makes the choice. And if they were present at Lucas Oil Field last night counting attendance, Wisconsin aint going. Contrast it to how PSU flooded the place in December 2016.

Thank you.

Just before halftime Gus Johnson asked Joel Clit if there were advantages to playing a team a second time. Joel answered in the affirmative, saying it gave the loser a chance to adjust its game plan for deficiencies. So that's how Wisky trimmed Ohio's margin of victory from 31 points to 13! PSU lost to Ohio by only eleven. Imagine how close the score would be if we had a second shot at Ohio. Or are we incapable of playing better a second time around because that's what Joel Clit is implying. That's the basis of his argument; that and points off turnovers shouldn't count. No bias there. :rolleyes:

Look, when it comes to the Rose Bowl it's my understanding the Rose Bowl Committee makes the choice. And if they were present at Lucas Oil Field last night counting attendance, Wisconsin aint going. Contrast it to how PSU flooded the place in December 2016.

Thank you.
And throw in a completely immobile Justin Fields...he killed us with his legs...that was not something Wiscy had to worry about last night.

Here’s the problem, Klatt, Herby and the gang don’t want to count the extra game against Wiscy because it’s another loss....we’ll if that’s the case then it can’t be counted for being closer than the first game. You either count it and it gives Wiscy three losses or you don’t count it and Wiscy has a 31 point loss to OSU compared to PSU’s 11 point loss.

And throw in a completely immobile Justin Fields...he killed us with his legs...that was not something Wiscy had to worry about last night.

Here’s the problem, Klatt, Herby and the gang don’t want to count the extra game against Wiscy because it’s another loss....we’ll if that’s the case then it can’t be counted for being closer than the first game. You either count it and it gives Wiscy three losses or you don’t count it and Wiscy has a 31 point loss to OSU compared to PSU’s 11 point loss.

Why does Klatt care whether the Rose Bowl involves PSU or Wisconsin? I don't get it.

Reactions: dailybuck777
That is truly a moronic comment by him. Defies logic

Why doesn’t he bring up that Wis blew a 14 point lead tonight and got blown out in the second half? What a freakin dick.
After opining at length in the first half that it is much easier to beat a team that beat you earlier in the season. Well, Wisconsin lost to OSU by less the second time ... but still by more than PSU lost to them.
Oops, sorry Cosmos, great minds ...

I am an OSU fan so I really have no dog in the hunt. That said I completely agree with you guys that Klatt was totally off base with his comments last night about the Rose Bowl. If he wanted to talk about it he should have said something on the order of: The committee is going to have a difficult choice tomorrow selecting the B10 team in the Rose Bowl. There are arguments for both teams.

He should have left it at that. The blatant pimping for Wisconsin was just plain wrong.

Reactions: dailybuck777

The last time I saw that was in the 4 th quarter of the LSU vs Georgia SEC Championship Game. They all do that.

The last time I saw that was in the 4 th quarter of the LSU vs Georgia SEC Championship Game. They all do that.
They were pumping for LSU ranked #1. I can almost understand that. But they weren’t lobbying for where Georgia lands. The end of the game should be about the winner. To spend significant time promoting Wisconsin over PSU with a flawed narrative was weird and wrong

Last edited:
Reactions: ram2020

I don’t recall the announcers at the SEC title game going on a big push on how Georgia shouldn’t be punished for the extra game and how Georgia should get the Sugar Bowl bid over Florida. Maybe I just missed it since I was flipping channels between games.

Reactions: PearlSUJam
Holy SH!t... when did we lose to illinois? om fg

That jackwad on tv just said wisky belongs in the rb over us because they have a better fing resume.

I must have been the f alseep when we lost to mighty FING illinois.

Tell that ahole to get F'd. Damn, that made me mad (ya think).

GD those mofos. WE turned them over... they didn't turn it over cause they felt like it.

I want a room in a closed booth with these fing announcers. they've been scripted on what to say.. so allow me to retort.

You LOST to Illinois.

Go the f home. You got bombed 27-0 and blew an ez won game. Like Tom Cody told the punks in Streets of Fire... GO HOME.

Ok.. i'm calm now. Sorta. [Yeah, beating rutgers 56-7 would have made this rant so much easier.]
Maybe you should think about an English lit class. Your use of the F bombs makes you look like a Pitt grad.

Why does Klatt care whether the Rose Bowl involves PSU or Wisconsin? I don't get it.
There was something very unsettling about his fervent position on the rose bowl last night. Like Delaney was holding a gun to his back telling him to make sure Wisconsin gets all the praise for the rose bowl. It was strange and totally over the top.

Maybe you should think about an English lit class. Your use of the F bombs makes you look like a Pitt grad.
I'd wager 98% of my other posts indicate otherwise, but that (actually still "this") was one of those times where vitriol ruled the night.

Sorry if i offended you (or anyone else) but I suspect I spoke for most of the board then and my guess is I still do (for most) re this unpleasant outcome.

We were hosed by Klatt and surprise, we're not playing a NYD game in sunny California... we're playing on Dec 28th in a bowl few (outside of Memphis, which will come with a huge chip on their shoulders and blood in their eyes) will care about in a cold, uninviting environment.

BTW, I don't think Wisconsin deserved this game, either; one of us was going to be screwed.

I'd wager 98% of my other posts indicate otherwise, but that (actually still "this") was one of those times where vitriol ruled the night.

Sorry if i offended you (or anyone else) but I suspect I spoke for most of the board then and my guess is I still do (for most) re this unpleasant outcome.

We were hosed by Klatt and surprise, we're not playing a NYD game in sunny California... we're playing on Dec 28th in a bowl few (outside of Memphis, which will come with a huge chip on their shoulders and blood in their eyes) will care about in a cold, uninviting environment.

BTW, I don't think Wisconsin deserved this game, either; one of us was going to be screwed.
Well, if anyone told us beforehand that someone was going to get shafted, I will give you 3 guesses about who it was going to be!

Reactions: N&B4PSU
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT