ADVERTISEMENT

ASU meet streaming tv options?

Signup for fubo. Then sign into the pac 12 app w/ fubo as the provider. The match shows up on the PAC 12 app.

Reactions: pabison
So I'm gathering that the only way to watch tonight's dual live will involve downloading an app called Fubo and paying $10 for a "Sports Plus" package. Do I have that right?

So I'm gathering that the only way to watch tonight's dual live will involve downloading an app called Fubo and paying $10 for a "Sports Plus" package. Do I have that right?
Except it doesn't look like you pay anything for the 7 day free trial of Fubo--no matter how many add-on packages you add.

...or if you like, catch JB on the radio, streamed radio, or LionVision (at your own risk). It's nearly the same as "watching" it live!! He has that knack (gift).

Reactions: ccdiver and Gebmo
I have Comcast at home in central PA and I get the Pac12 network. The network is going to have a football game on so I downloaded the PAC12 app. I’ll be able to watch it on the app.

If you have the Pac-12 network you can do this.

...or if you like, catch JB on the radio, streamed radio, or LionVision (at your own risk). It's nearly the same as "watching" it live!! He has that knack (gift).

I agree. I always listen to JB while watching, and even at times I have found myself listening and forgetting about watching. Sometimes I like to see the picture he paints all by itself. Then I'll go back and watch.

I prefer to have both. I plan on muting the tv and having Byers going on my phone.
Syncing can be tricky, but worth it.
I’ve learned to sync on the restart whistle. JB is usually ahead a bit, so as soon as you hear a restart whistle, pause the audio. then watch for the ref to raise his hand with his whistle and press play. 60% of the time, it works every time.

If all works out tonight, I may do PBP here. Before deciding, can y'all behave? Serious question!!

On Scout, I did pbp for years, when not attending duals and tourneys. Here's what I learned over those years;

Two separate threads were created -- one for the pbp, the other for fan conversation during the dual/tourney. The reason? I was doing the pbp real time, after nearly every score, trying to keep each bout as one post, just adding to it through "edit". When everyone else was posting, the pbp post moved way up the thread list. It worked great, all those that were following had to do was a refresh for the pbp post, which stayed as the most recent post, and fans (y'all) ran to the the "other" thread to post.

Any interest? Again, I'm undecided. I was doing the above when streaming, roku, fubo, Pac12 Network, BTN, and other stuff wasn't available, and the interest among fellow fans was significant.

If you have the Pac-12 network you can do this.
You don’t need to have Pac-12 network with your usual tv provider to do it. It’s free, so long as you cancel the week trial before it expires. You also don’t need an app if you plan to watch on a computer either. A browser will do nicely.

If all works out tonight, I may do PBP here. Before deciding, can y'all behave? Serious question!!

On Scout, I did pbp for years, when not attending duals and tourneys. Here's what I learned over those years;

Two separate threads were created -- one for the pbp, the other for fan conversation during the dual/tourney. The reason? I was doing the pbp real time, after nearly every score, trying to keep each bout as one post, just adding to it through "edit". When everyone else was posting, the pbp post moved way up the thread list. It worked great, all those that were following had to do was a refresh for the pbp post, which stayed as the most recent post, and fans (y'all) ran to the the "other" thread to post.

Any interest? Again, I'm undecided. I was doing the above when streaming, roku, fubo, Pac12 Network, BTN, and other stuff wasn't available, and the interest among fellow fans was significant.
Count me in Roar!
And Thank You

Ok, so I'm wondering about how best to maximize the value of the free trial for Fubo and Sling. Sling appears to have the PAC 12 network needed for this dual but does not carry BTN, whereas Fubo carries both. So, maybe it's better to use Sling for just this dual and Fubo for a future dual that's only on BTN. Thoughts, suggestions, better options?

That would be AWESOME. I'll be at home, but my son is generally in control of the audio selections in our house (so I'm usually watching with the sound off).

Reactions: danoftw
I just spoke to FuboTv, the bad news is if you subscribe through ROKU then you cannot get Pac12 Arizona, that is only available if you subscribe through your computer. How annoying. So now I need to cancel my roku Fubo and sign up on my computer with a different email address and add the sports package. All for free, but not through ROKU.

Reactions: Creek Side
I just spoke to FuboTv, the bad news is if you subscribe through ROKU then you cannot get Pac12 Arizona, that is only available if you subscribe through your computer. How annoying. So now I need to cancel my roku Fubo and sign up on my computer with a different email address and add the sports package. All for free, but not through ROKU.
The plot thickens. I signed up on my computer, then installed the roku ap—that seemed to work well.

I signed up through the roku Fubo channel and no sports channel extra came up.
Then I searched and only regular pac12 came up, not showing the meet.
So I called, the guy says sure I can add it, taps a bit, and then says oh, you signed up through the Roku spp so we cannot add it, plus if you are keeping it there is about a 10 overcharge over signing up through the web site. Yippee!
So I just used a new email and signed up through the website, now I have two to cancel and also have to hook my computer to the tv to watch, which is easy enough to do. Oh well. Just wanted others to know.

Reactions: nerfstate
I'm all signed up and got the extra sports channels for Fubo. For some reason, the Fubo app is fubar on my tv. Whenever I select any live programming it freezes up in the loading screen (Netflix and Prime work fine on my tv). The good news is that the Fubo app works fine on my phone so I'll at least be able to cast it if I cant figure out the tv fubo app issue.

Reactions: diggerpup
A lot of good tips for people on here. It also makes me very thankful to have Comcast/Xfinity.

A lot of good tips for people on here. It also makes me very thankful to have Comcast/Xfinity.

I have Comcast/Xfinity but I couldn't find it on my TV listing, but I did find it on my Xfinity app, weird.... I figured I would go the route of Fubo on my Roku, until that bombed out. So now I have two options, cast from my ipad Xfinity app or connect my computer to my tv and play through online Fubo, I figured two free options were best. Isn't it a military axiom that two is one and one is none?

@Creek Side where are you finding it on Xfinity?

I have Comcast/Xfinity but I couldn't find it on my TV listing, but I did find it on my Xfinity app, weird.... I figured I would go the route of Fubo on my Roku, until that bombed out. So now I have two options, cast from my ipad Xfinity app or connect my computer to my tv and play through online Fubo, I figured two free options were best. Isn't it a military axiom that two is one and one is none?

Paul, if you cancel your original Roku-based subscription with fubo, I don’t see why you couldn’t sign up for the free trial from your computer, then sign into the Roku app with that username and password.

When I downloaded the Pac-12 app to my phone I can watch it there at no charge. I logged in with my Xfinity username and password.

I downloaded the PAC 12 app on my phone, signed up for the 7 day free trial on FUBO, and used it to log in to the PAC 12 app. I selected a live event to test it and was able to cast to my TV so it should work.

In the meantime the FUBO app has some good content as well so I’ll check it out this week.

I have Xfinity as well and the Pac-12 channel is showing basketball. Downloaded the pac-12 app to my phone, logged on with my xfinity credentials and it is there, and then I can cast it to my TV. All 100% free granted I am already paying for the sports package on xfinity

I have Xfinity as well and the Pac-12 channel is showing basketball. Downloaded the pac-12 app to my phone, logged on with my xfinity credentials and it is there, and then I can cast it to my TV. All 100% free granted I am already paying for the sports package on xfinity
I also have Xfinity and the sports package. It allowed me to login to the PAC-12 app and BEGIN watching things. But there was a five minute timer. I was only allowed to preview the app...

Hey Goggles, how do I cast Pac-12 app to my TV? I’m not the most technologically literate fan. TIA

Hey Goggles, how do I cast Pac-12 app to my TV? I’m not the most technologically literate fan. TIA

what kind of phone do you have? Most Smart TVs support built-in AirPlay of some sort. If it’s an iPhone X or newer swipe down from the top and select screen mirroring. Make sure your phone and TV are connected to your WIFI network. You should see your TV as an option.

For iPhone older than an X swipe up from the bottom to get this option. YMMV with this though on quality and if there is lag.

For an Android device I have no idea. I haven’t used an Android device in about four years.

what kind of phone do you have? Most Smart TVs support built-in AirPlay of some sort. If it’s an iPhone X or newer swipe down from the top and select screen mirroring. Make sure your phone and TV are connected to your WIFI network. You should see your TV as an option.

For iPhone older than an X swipe up from the bottom to get this option. YMMV with this though on quality and if there is lag.

For an Android device I have no idea. I haven’t used an Android device in about four years.
Just know that some apps will not let you push the video to the tv. It will stop streaming. Yahoo Sports is one that does that.

Reactions: Dogwelder
I've got the PAC 12 network on my computer through Verizon Fios. PSU/ASU only shows if you click on PAC 12 Arizona in the upper right under Networks. Does not show on the PAC 12 Main page.

Reactions: diggerpup

On a Samsung, you can use "smart view" to cast. Pull down the full settings swiping down from the top of your phone twice and select "smart view". If you have a compatible tv, the make/model should be listed on your phone. You can select the tv on your phone and it should interface.

I signed in with my mother's TV Provider (which sucks, normally) and just figured I'd roll the dice. I tried to authenticate and got this message:
"This event hasn't started yet, but you are authenticated with a tv provider and ready to watch."

TRUCK YEAH!

Signup for fubo. Then sign into the pac 12 app w/ fubo as the provider. The match shows up on the PAC 12 app.
You sir are a genius! Thanks! I just did that and will be watching the match tonight.

It appears I need to get with the program. Fubo, Roku, etc...
Just really be with the program before you do.

Some years ago, my mother in law bought her husband a t-shirt, thinking it was cool. A FUBU shirt.

We had to explain what that meant, and that "For Us By Us" wasn't intended for the Italian retiree set.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT