Gomez
Levi
Psycho
One-Leeged Carter
Keckeisen
Aaron
Kerk
Derrick Acosta Good Job GIF by Mega 64

0-0, decision is can I hold him for 60 secs or can I get out in 120 secs. He and his coaches know where their percentage was, unconditional choice but he still had 74 secs to get a td. And didn’t.
Have to hold him for at *minimum* 60 seconds. An escape would still tie the match in practice.

Yes, 33 points available in tomorrow's matches ( plus bonus):
  • Finals win = 4 placement points, 0 advancement points
  • Consys semi win = 3 placement points, .5 advancement points
  • 3rd or 5th win = 1 placement point
Plus any bonus.

It will be close. Could come down to a medical forfeit in a placing match - not super rare - which will have the desired effect over at GIA.
Amazon Studios Please GIF by Amazon Prime Video

The irony will be buried over there amid the resulting gnashing.

197 has to be last. There's no team drama other than possibly the record.

Plus ESPN is always about individual star power.

And depending on how things shake out, 4x Aaron might clinch the record.
I can just imagine it. Brooks needs a MD to clinch the record and Hidlay dances around the edge for 7 minutes and is content to take a 4-1 loss.

Reactions: dsites52
The immediate plan for Kasak (in 2024-25) is likely a redshirt. That's assuming SVN makes a full recovery and can stay healthy, which I sure hope will be the case
Maybe. Do you have inside info?
Are you assuming Beau returns (not a given), and Kasak can't get back to his regular weight?

I'm guessing Beau comes back but if not, maybe he can make 141.

FWIW, Byers said at least 2 or 3 times on the broadcast yesterday and today that Beau is definitely coming back.

These Hidlay boys are class. Would have been great to see them in Blue and White.

Instead, we've had to settle for seeing them in black and blue. 😜

Schultz has dangerous throws. No reason to risk anything.

Schultz's face while getting stifled at every turn by Kerk reminded me of Brock Hardy's face when he sat there stuck in that spladle for 10 minutes. They both had that "well damn, I don't even get to try my moves" look. 😂

Last edited:
Maybe. Do you have inside info?
Are you assuming Beau returns (not a given), and Kasak can't get back to his regular weight?
Yes, I have inside info from Jeff Byers, who has stated that Bartlett intends to return next season.
I assume (don't know) that the plan next season is for 149 to be manned by SVN (the starter, before he got hurt).
I know that Kasak has a redshirt available, whereas SVN does not.
I assume (don't know) that Kasak could get back down to 141, if needed. However, other opinions about Kasak.
  • Not convinced that 141 is Kasak's "regular" weight. I think he was at 141 because SVN could be at 149 for three more seasons, and there is a greater team need at 141.
  • I think Kasak most natural and best weight is 149.

FWIW, Byers said at least 2 or 3 times on the broadcast yesterday and today that Beau is definitely coming back.

Instead, we've had to settle for seeing them in black and blue. 😜

Schultz's face while getting stifled at every turn by Kerk reminded me of Brock Hardy's face when he sat there stuck in Ayala's spladle for 10 minutes. They both had that "well damn, I don't even get to try my moves" look. 😂
FYI - Ayala is at 125. But I get your primary point.

Allirez is the kind of guy who might make Beau think it might not be worth coming back.
After listening to the Allirez interview on clash of combat, I think there’s a much better chance Bartlett returns to folkstyle than Allirez returns to folkstyle. He didn’t completely rule out coming back for his last year of eligibility but he said he accomplished all of his folkstyle goals and he’s focused on his freestyle goals before he goes to MMA.

Reactions: goldenanimal
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT