ADVERTISEMENT

2024 NCAA's - Day 2 - Match/discussion thread

Our lead is more points than the next best team has as a total, and then some.

But he just gifted away the major. Major clueless moment
It's pretty cool that this is the kind of complaint we're left with.

Life Is Good Bill GIF by A&E

So much for being a threat to Kerk.
Bastida might have been a threat to Kerk. But seems he couldn't mentally recover from that heart-breaking, last-second loss to Davidson in the quarters. Just mentally tapped out for the blood round.

Session 4 results

1: PENN STATE - 148
2: Michigan - 64.5
3: Iowa - 60

2023 Session 4 results

1: PENN STATE – 116.5
2: Iowa – 77.0
3: Cornell – 64.0

2022 Session 4 results

1: PENN STATE – 108.0
2: Michigan – 84.5
3: Arizona State – 63.5
4: Iowa – 62.0
5: Nebraska – 54.0

Well, one last post for the night. Lol.

Final Matches:
141: #2 B.Bartlett vs. #1 J.Mendez (OHST)
157: #1 L.Haines vs. #2 J.Teemer (ASU)
165: #2 M.Mesenbrink vs. #4 D.Carr (ISU)
174: #9 C.Starocci vs. #6 R.Welsh (OHST)
197: #1 A.Brooks vs. #2 T.Hidlay (NCST)
285: #1 G.Kerkvliet vs. #10 L.Davidson (MICH)

Consi-Semi Matches:
consi-SF 149: #7 T.Kasak vs. #1 R.Lovett (NEB)
consi-SF 184: #6 B.Truax vs. #4 Munoz (ORST)

Like Carter said, seeds don't matter. There are only three 1 vs 2 matchups, and we're in all three:

141. Mendez vs BB
157. Haines vs Teemer
197. Brooks vs Hidlay

There were an addition three number 1s to make it to the finals:
Fix, Keckeisen, and Kerk

There was one additional 2 seed to make it:
Psycho

Two 3 seeds
Ayala and Plott

Two 4 seeds
Henson and Carr

No 5 seeds

Two 6 seeds
Gomez and Welsh

No 7

One 8
Figs

One 9
Starocci

And the highest seeded wrestler to make the finals was a 10
Davison

Really impressed by Kasak. He is wrestling the best he has all year. I can't wait to see how Cael fits him into the lineup in coming years. Tyler is the real deal.
The immediate plan for Kasak (in 2024-25) is likely a redshirt. That's assuming SVN makes a full recovery and can stay healthy, which I sure hope will be the case

148 points.

Six finalists. If they all win by decision, it’s +24 and PSU sets a new scoring record.

If five of the six finalists win, it’s +20. That’s 168. A win by either Kasak or Truax in the consolation semifinals is +3.5 and it’s a new scoring record.

If four of the six finalists win and both Kasak and Truax win their consolation semifinal, it’s +23 and Penn State sets a new scoring record.

None of the above includes bonus and I haven’t talked about 3rd place for either Kasak or Truax.

The scoring record is definitely in play.
I believe that the 3rd place matches only get 1 advancement point.

I predict the bonus point Kerk gave away with 15 seconds to go by walking straight out of bounds will leave us a 1/2 point shy of the scoring record tomorrow.

Thoughts? 🤔😎🤣

For phuck-sake, who gives a $hit about a release point with 12 seconds left in a semi-final match to wrestle for a National Title?????????????? Some of you people are so f'ing lame, honestly it's sad.

Tomorrow @ 10:00am Central/11:00am Eastern:

149 Kasak vs 1 Lovett
184 Truax vs 4 Munoz

In both cases, the winner advances to 3rd place match and the loser wrestles for 5th

Tomorrow @ 10:00am Central/11:00am Eastern:

149 Kasak vs 1 Lovett
184 Truax vs 4 Munoz

In both cases, the winner advances to 3rd place match and the loser wrestles for 5th
As much as four points on the table for each of them. Would get 3 just by winning the first match

Reactions: hlstone
I believe that the 3rd place matches only get 1 advancement point.
Right now Kasak’s and Truax’s team points include placing 6th. That’s 6 points. If they win the consolation semifinal, they’re assured of 4th place. That’s 9 points. There’s also a 0.5 advancement point for moving on to the consolation final. So a win in the consolation semifinal is 3.5 team points.

A win in the consolation final is 1 point (10 points instead of 9). So is a win in the 5th place match (7 points instead of 6).

Plus bonus.

Right now their points include placing 6th. That’s 6 points. If they win the consolation semifinal, they’re assured of 4th place. That’s 9 points. There’s also a 0.5 advancement point for moving on to the consolation final. So a win in the consolation semifinal is 3.5 team points.

A win in the consolation final is 1 point 10 points instead of 9). So is a win in the 5th place match (7 points instead of 6).

Plus bonus.
I know, it seemed like you were counting 3.5 for third place (I didn't check your math). One point for 7th also.

Taking top there has to be one of the dumbest coaching decisions of the tournament.
0-0, decision is can I hold him for 60 secs or can I get out in 120 secs. He and his coaches know where their percentage was, unconditional choice but he still had 74 secs to get a td. And didn’t.

I know, it seemed like you were counting 3.5 for third place (I didn't check your math).
If they win their consolation semifinal it’s 3.5 more team points each. 0.5 for advancement, 3 for placing 4th (at worst) instead of 6th (at worst).

Reactions: SLUPSU and ccdiver
I don't think they would move the weights around but I wouldn't be surprised if they put 197 last.
I think for sure 97 will be last, I just think it would be a disservice to not put Carter 2nd to last he’s earned the right for special arrangements.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT