ADVERTISEMENT

2024 NCAA's - Day 2 - Match/discussion thread

consi 133: #10 A.Nagao vs. #3 K.Orine (NCST)
P1:
Missed the start due to the Davis match
1-min left & Orine is up 3-0
Nagao on bottom
Nagao rolls, gets to his feet, & they go off the edge, restart
Nagao stands & gets to his feet for an escape 3-1
Orine 1:06 RT
On their feet tied up & stalemate, restart
Nagao shoots, gets a leg & is working to throw a leg in, doesn't get it & time runs out

P2:
Nagao takes down
Nagao rolls off the whistle & is to his feet, Orine drives him off the mat, restart
Nagao quick to his feet, Orine brings him back to the mat, Nagao flat
Nagao trying to work back up, but struggling
Orine locks up a turn & gets 4 NF 7-1
Nagao up, but they go off the edge, restart
RT 1:59
Nagao to his feet, but gets taken back to the mat. He is struggling to get out from bottom.
Orine driving forward, Nagao rolls, Nagao tries to kick out & stalemate, restart
Nagao on his feet quick, but then back to the mat
Nagao trying to come around & get a reversal, but stalemate or PD call, restart
RT Orine +3:01 (RT Locked for Orine)
Nagao rolls of the whistle & almost gets a reversal

P3:
Orine takes down
Orine to his feet, Nagao brings him back down & has boots in, Orine flat
Nagao working, trying to find a turn, Orine to his knees, Nagao a little high now
Orine trying to shake Nagao off, but now Orine is flat again, stalemate & restart
44-sec left
Nagao optional start
Orine escape 8-1
Nagao dives in, gets a leg & a quick takedown 8-4
Nagao working for a turn & Orine reversal 10-4

#3 K.Orine DEC #10 A.Nagao 11-4

Last edited:
I was at the KC hospital and hour ago and Truax was on crutches after surgery. Davis was having a hook sown onto his left arm stub. Kerk was getting a hamstring implant. McIntosh was seeing a shrink for his homesickness. And Carl was getting hair follicle transplants.
A bout time, should of had it done last year

Sheesh, Byers needs a friggin tablet running ESPN on his table with the 8 split screen. He has no idea the 133 SF matches are going on and are killer

Two big surprises. We got 2 team points out of a #1 seed and Nagao scored one more team point than Davis after losing to the #23 in the first round.

Reactions: Dogwelder
Where are the stall calls against Fix?
Got it in rideouts with Fix on top, and he gave up the escape -- Ragusin up 3-1 going into his choice.

Smith challenging the escape.

Challenge upheld after lengthy delay, 2-1 Ragusin going into his choice.

I’m not going to complain about a true freshman ranked in the 40s on the big boards winning Big Tens and losing by a point in the QFs and in OT in the BR. Future is bright with him.
Braeden was a pleasant surprise. He has a lot to hang his hat on, though I am sure that is of little consolation to him right now.

I think Aaron’s biggest enemy is the 3-point takedown. He gets in a hole against the better wrestlers and cannot recover.

Got it in rideouts with Fix on top, and he gave up the escape -- Ragusin up 3-1 going into his choice.

Smith challenging the escape.
Well, we will see. He was out with 2 seconds.

I think Aaron’s biggest enemy is the 3-point takedown. He gets in a hole against the better wrestlers and cannot recover.
Aaron’s chain wrestling can improve. He seems to get in low and deep and then pause and let his opponent counter.

My $0.02 from my couch.

Reactions: Pitchfork Rebel
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT