ADVERTISEMENT

2024 NCAA's - Day 2 - Match/discussion thread

Not sure what Robb was planning taking bottom on Levi there. Even if he got out, he wasted a ton of time.

Reactions: Hotshoe
157 QF: #1 L.Haines vs. #8 P.Robb (NEB)
P1:
Let's go Levi!
And we're off!
Guys tying up in the center. Nobody running away in this match.
Robb gets double unders, but Levi backs out
Robb hard snaps
Levi takes a half shot to the leg
Tying up again,
Levi gets the leg, hooks the ankle, working for a TD, Robb fighting it off, Levi gets a body lock, picks up Robb & drives him to the mat for a TD 3-0
Robb on his belly, Levi throws in a leg & is just torquing on him
Levi trying to turn & gets 3 NF 6-0
Levi goes over 1-min RT
Period ends
RT 1:11

P2:
Levi takes down
Levi to his feet, but Robb brings him back to the mat, Levi up again, gets hand control & turns for the escape 7-0 (RT 48-sec)
Back to center & tying up
Levi with a half shot, but nothing
Levi shoots again, almost gets to the leg, but backs out
Robb shoots, but nothing going
Robb shoots & gets a leg, Levi sprawls, Robb still working, but Levi breaks the grip & time runs out, no scoring
7-0 Levi

P3:
Blood time
Robb down
Robb to his feet, Levi bullying him & brings him back to the mat
Levi throws a leg in & Robb is all balled up.
Ref calls PD & restart
RT 1:21
Robb sits out, Levi tries to chin him & comes back around to top
Robb to his feet again, Levi lifts him & takes him back to the mat on the edge. Out of bounds, restart.
RT 1:48
Robb trying to get up, but Levi is a beast on top!
Robb to his feet, but Levi brings him back to the mat & they go off the edge
Stall warning Levi
Levi throws in a leg, Robb tries a roll, but Levi stays with him.
Robb trying to get up, but flat again.
It's over.

#1 L.Haines MD #8 P.Robb 9-0

Another bonus point win from Levi. He just looks physically stronger than most of his opponents. There was no question who controlled that match. Great match!

More bonus from Haines. Obviously the 3 point TD helps but our guys are definitely getting the bonus. Just need the placements also to hit 170.5

Levi with an 8-0 butt kicking. Don't think you can dominate a match any better. Andonian - Levi will be 🔥
Can't wait.

Reactions: Dogwelder
Another Hawk lost.

That's a shame...

club-dorothee-premiers-baisers.gif

Not sure what Robb was planning taking bottom on Levi there. Even if he got out, he wasted a ton of time.

I just said the same to my former PSU roommate. Yeah, I get that you typically take bottom and get your "free" point, but he's down 7-0 and needed something big. Unless you're a guy that often gets 6 point moves off the bottom, why choose bottom?

yeah, he just fessed up!!! Lol.....cant be easy doing what he does.
Definitely when 2 matches are going at once. I just happened to look at Matcast and saw the sequence of danger neutral with nearfall and then he readjusted and scooped the chin and pulled him back for the fall. It was quick I almost missed it.

consi 149: #7 T.Kasak vs. #9 E.Fernandez (COR)
P1:
Kasak gets to a leg right after the whistle blows, working for a TD, but Fernandez gets a leg, scrambling, Tyler gets the TD, but has Fernandez on his back, but doesn't really have control. Each wrestler still has the others leg, but Fernandez is on his back, or trying to stay off it & Kasak is in a much stronger position.

Fernandez trying to get off his back, and still has a leg.
Fernandez lets go of the leg, Tyler swings around, grabbing the arm & catching Fernandez on his back
Kasak gets the FALL!

#7 T.Kasak FALL #9 E.Fernandez (0:37)

I missed this due to Levi's match & had to rewind it. Kasak is looking fantastic! Another pin & more bonus! Great job Tyler!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT