ADVERTISEMENT

2024 NCAA's - Day 2 - Match/discussion thread

141 QF: #2 B.Bartlett vs. #26 V.Vombaur (MINN)
P1:
Both guys working for position in the center.
Tying up, breaking & back to tie ups in the center, but no committed shots
Not much action, both guys still feeling themselves out
Vombaur shoots for a leg & gets it, but time runs out
No scoring

P2:
Beau takes down
Gets to his feet, working for an escape, but they go off the edge, restart
Vombaur with a hard ride
Beau back to his feet, then a knee, then back to his feet, gets hand control & the escape 1-0
Back to neutral & circling in the center of the mat
Tying up, breaking & back to tie ups in the center, but no committed shots
Period ends, no more scoring
Vombaur +47-sec RT

P3:
Vombaur takes down
Vombaur stands & gets a quick escape in 4-sec 1-1
Tying up again,
Beau gets a leg, elevates it & trips him back down, scrambling & TD Beau 4-1
Out of bounds, restart
Vombaur to his feet, but Beau pushes him off the mat, restart
Vombaur to his feet & gets the escape 4-2
Vombaur gets a let, Beau fight it off
Vombaur gets the leg elevated, almost gets a TD, but Beau scrambling pops out, gets Vombaur's leg, wraps up a cradle & gets the fall! WTF!!!! WOW!!

#2 B.Bartlett FALL #26 V.Vombaur
I cannot believe how much detail you can cram in in almost real time! Thank you very much, Slipperypete!

Couldn't believe how long the Ref let them stay in that position with absolutely no movement.
Rule says you have to let a NF position play out. If it was 1st period and someone (like Bo vs Iowa) throws a spladle in the first 10 seconds, they can hold the opponent there until the buzzer if they don’t get the fall.

What? I saw figs get in deep on a double and later hit a duck under 1st period that davis countered. Figs deserved that win imo

Lol
Let me spell it out for you and the other so called fans that are dogging Davis. A guy like Figs generates his offense by backing up, backing up, backing up, to get the opponent coming forward and then they use that opponent momentum to score. Essentially that's using a stall tactic to generate offense. Got it now or are you still confused?

For what though? The TD? It wouldn't have mattered since Beau decked him in a smooth sequence right after.
No but if they failed to award the takedown (it was a right no TD cause of reaction time) then Beau's subsequent scramble and pin is "bad time" and it's 5-4 Vombaur on top.

No but if they failed to award the takedown (it was a right no TD cause of reaction time) then Beau's subsequent scramble and pin is "bad time" and it's 5-4 Vombaur on top.
Is that the rule? That would have been shitty since they were both still wrestling. Neither stopped.

Let me spell it out for you and the other so called fans that are dogging Davis. A guy like Figs generates his offense by backing up, backing up, backing up, to get the opponent coming forward and then they use that opponent momentum to score. Essentially that's using a stall tactic to generate offense. Got it now or are you still confused?
Walking forward is offense? I didn't know you were an Iowa fan.

old danny glover GIF

I was thinking the very same thing. Im just too old for this $hit

Walking forward is offense? I didn't know you were an Iowa fan.
No, but what do you do when your opponent backs up and refuses to engage? Figs should have been hit for stalling in the 1st, then a double stall 30 seconds later.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT