ADVERTISEMENT

2024 NCAA's - Day 1 - Match/discussion thread

From seeing Carter just walk down the tunnel, to 2 weeks ago, he looks to be walking normal. Great sign.

Anybody else nervous Carter will MFF?
Stay Positive!
HCPtTj.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Hotshoe
I don't get why Kasak spent the first 30 seconds of the last period riding him. He didn't leave any margin for error when you factor in the ref wouldn't blow the whistle for a stalemate and how much Abas was going to stall at the end.
he has shown the propensity to catch folks and get back points. Let them up too early, get your TD then you have to ride out the rest of the period... can be hard. Not justifying any motive, just sayin

Kasak wrestled stupidly. As someone noted above, he defended against a takedown for so long, did it so well. And when he broke free from that problematic position they had been in, he allowed himself to give up a weak takedown with little or no fight. I don't get it.
Then in the 3rd, he rode way too long. And towards the end when he was trying for the td, holding on to a leg and his opponent was OOB, Kasak should have punted and gone OOB himself. Instead he wasted a lot of time trying to pull the kid back in, which wasn't going to happen.

While I'm bitching: I've read plenty of comments that Bartlett has to get to his offense. Well, it's getting rather late in the year. Maybe the time to get to his offense is now?

he has shown the propensity to catch folks and get back points. Let them up too early, get your TD then you have to ride out the rest of the period... can be hard. Not justifying any motive, just sayin
I get it but I'd rather have a full 2:00 to get the takedown and then worry about the rideout.

Reactions: a_mshaffer
Carter is moving really well. I was worried on that first exchange where Sparks passed his bad leg but he seemed fine. Great news!

Reactions: 7Springs
otoh:
the way CS stayed inbounds was really cool. He kept one part of his body in bounds while both of the rest of the two bodies were out.

And the kid was decked. What's it take to call a fall?

At the end of the bout, CS could have gotten a td easily. The other kid was kinda shooting wildly and was in position to give up the td, but Starocci didn't accept the offer. Would have been a major. Another reduction in points.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hotshoe
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT