ADVERTISEMENT

2024 B1Gs - Day 2

Come on now. AB is ****ing incredible but he is beating the likes of Glazier while DT is beating Yazdani. There are levels to this. Think what DT would do to college kids. Not taking anything away from Aaron because he’s an all-timer but I will be shocked if he beats DT at trials. I do think he’s the only guy in the US that can keep it close though. DT was the best wrestler in the world last season and I think it continues through the Olympics
Nbc Season 3 Episode 4 GIF by Manifest

...Not taking anything away from Aaron because he’s an all-timer but I will be shocked if he beats DT at trials. I do think he’s the only guy in the US that can keep it close though. DT was the best wrestler in the world last season and I think it continues through the Olympics
I give both Aaron and Yaz outside chances partially because of DTs 'limited' training regimen. Way too few actual tourneys against international competition. David is a master of it, and has had great success with it, but eventually it could come up and bite him. Aaron should be in impeccable shape and he continues to raise his level. Anyone who thinks this year's AB is the same as last year's is mistaken. As of the last world championships DT is the world's top PFP, but all good things come to an end. DT is still in his late prime, but I see the lack of frequent competition as a risk. I continue to assert that most folk style wrestlers still need 3 years to get there, but Aaron might be an exception.

I give both Aaron and Yaz outside chances partially because of DTs 'limited' training regimen. Way too few actual tourneys against international competition. David is a master of it, and has had great success with it, but eventually it could come up and bite him. Aaron should be in impeccable shape and he continues to raise his level. Anyone who thinks this year's AB is the same as last year's is mistaken. As of the last world championships DT is the world's top PFP, but all good things come to an end. DT is still in his late prime, but I see the lack of frequent competition as a risk. I continue to assert that most folk style wrestlers still need 3 years to get there, but Aaron might be an exception.

I think as DT gets older the fewer competitions is smart. Fewer weigh-ins and fewer times of trying to peak for competition. I understand the thought of him falling off and I can see it happening fairly soon but last year he was the best wrestler in the entire world. Like I said previously I think he will keep that title until after Paris. AB is definitely getting better I think the matches will be fairly tight but I just can’t see AB beating him quite yet

Hard to post this without it being taken harshly but the sheer volume of opinions you set forth here, complete with supporting tenets that are clearly pulled out of your a#s, is amazing. I often scroll through the threads without paying much attention to who is posting and I can't tell you the amount of times I've read about 1/4 of your post, looked up to see who posted it, said "oh" to myself and moved to the next post.

Trying not to be too much of a DB here, but I guess I am, because we all do this from time to time here or elsewhere. You generally come off as pretty self aware about it, which to me is unusual and indicates you probably have an interesting mind.

Again, the sheer volume is impressive. Don't ever change.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bob_Anderson
Hard to post this without it being taken harshly but the sheer volume of opinions to you set forth here complete with supporting tenets that are clearly pulled out of your a#s is amazing. I often scroll through the threads without paying much attention to who is posting but I can't tell you the amount of times I've read about 1/4 of your post, looked up to see who posted it, said "oh" to myself and moved to the next post.

Trying not to be too much of a DB here, but I guess I am, because we all do this from time to time here or elsewhere. You generally come off as pretty self aware about it, which to me is unusual and indicates you probably have an interesting mind.

Again, the sheer volume is impressive. Don't ever change.
Outside chance isn't zero. DT is the PFP guy until we see differently. If someone forced me to bet my own hard earned money, no way do I not go with David. That said, I didn't think David simply rolls through Aaron the next time they meet. I also understand completely why David is training the way he does. Most elite wrestlers in the world would not be as successful doing the same. I don't think I have pulled anything out of my ass with this one. Numerous other posts?
You might have me there.

Reactions: mcpat and dicemen99
Wouldn’t be surprised if DT wins it all and then leaves his shoes on the mat in Paris. AB is the heir apparent…. as is Nolf at his weight as Dake may do the same as DT. Maybe even Snyder as these guys have been carrying the flag a long time. Quite a group coming in behind them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT