ADVERTISEMENT

2021 Recruiting Class Thread

I'm not sure what this comment means, but there may be some confusion on what happened at Ohio State. Martell transferred because he was an Urban Meyer quarterback, not a Ryan Day quarterback. Day told Martell that he was not the quarterback that he wanted to run his system, so thats why Martell transferred. Day is recruiting Kyle McCord, so he will not receive the same treatment that Martell received.

Fields is a dual threat as well. Better measurements, but a running QB nonetheless. By most accounts, Martell was told nothing until Fields was in the fold (hence how he got his transfer).

Last time someone not named Meyer or Tressell coached OSU, they went 7-7. Day isn't no guarantee success.

Reactions: bmw199
I'm not sure what this comment means, but there may be some confusion on what happened at Ohio State. Martell transferred because he was an Urban Meyer quarterback, not a Ryan Day quarterback. Day told Martell that he was not the quarterback that he wanted to run his system, so thats why Martell transferred. Day is recruiting Kyle McCord, so he will not receive the same treatment that Martell received.

What if Ryan Day is relieved as Ohio State head coach, and McCord is not longer who ________________ wants to run his system?

Liam Clifford, Sean's brother, was offered by Michigan as a WR. Camped at Penn State last summer as a QB.

iu

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio...power-five-offers-after-a-big-position-change

LIAM CLIFFORD WORKING FOR MORE POWER FIVE OFFERS
St. Xavier wide receiver Liam Clifford has a lot of athleticism and is just now figuring out where to use it on a football field. The high school sophomore who reports a self-timed 40-yard dash in the 4.40s has played most of his football days at the quarterback position. That was until he broke his leg during his freshman year and missed the football season.

He has just four offers, from Michigan, Toledo, Cincinnati and Pittsburgh, but that list will grow as more schools begin to pull the trigger on the St. Xavier standout. Penn State is also another school interested.

247 released initial 2021 rankings today. Thornton ranked 53rd (7th highest wr). Also noticed Caleb Williams ranked higher than McCord.

Caleb Williams is a stud. He performed great as a sophomore in a tough DC Catholic league. He is a better fit for our offense than McCord, who can only throw the ball, not run.

McCord just got a CB to PSU FWIW

He skipped our major junior day for OSU's, and is skipping our Blue White for their spring game. Not sure where the optimism is coming there. I don't think he's visited PSU since last summer.

Reactions: TheGLOV
He skipped our major junior day for OSU's, and is skipping our Blue White for their spring game. Not sure where the optimism is coming there. I don't think he's visited PSU since last summer.

Will be interesting to see how it plays out. He may be OSU's #2-3 rated QB recruit. OSU did just give out another offer to QB Jack Brandon of Cheshire Academy in CT. His recruiting is taking off.

Reactions: TheGLOV and bmw199
Was thinking the same thing...most of these guys throw out CB’s like they weatherman

Elite 2021 RB Evan Pryor has commitment plan in place

"Recruiting has been going good," said Pryor. "I am getting out, taking visits and just talking to different schools. The schools that are recruiting me hardest right now are Penn State, Clemson, North Carolina, NC State and Georgia.

"As of right now, at this time next year, I see myself being close to a commitment. That is the plan. I am going to release a top 10 this summer, then down to five in the fall or winter, take the official visits in the spring and commit after that.

"For my top 10, I know Penn State and Georgia will be there. If Clemson offers, they will be there too. The others are still being figured out. I am not sure about the other schools yet. I will know in the summer though.

"I am talking a lot with coach Seider a lot at Penn State and we have a very good relationship. Also, my sister goes there, so it would be nice to have my parents going one place to see us both. I like the family environment there, I like coach Franklin, coach Seider and just overall, what Penn State is doing.

https://n.rivals.com/news/elite-2021-rb-evan-pryor-has-commitment-plan-in-place

Reactions: royboy and TheGLOV
Elite 2021 RB Evan Pryor has commitment plan in place

"Recruiting has been going good," said Pryor. "I am getting out, taking visits and just talking to different schools. The schools that are recruiting me hardest right now are Penn State, Clemson, North Carolina, NC State and Georgia.

"As of right now, at this time next year, I see myself being close to a commitment. That is the plan. I am going to release a top 10 this summer, then down to five in the fall or winter, take the official visits in the spring and commit after that.

"For my top 10, I know Penn State and Georgia will be there. If Clemson offers, they will be there too. The others are still being figured out. I am not sure about the other schools yet. I will know in the summer though.

"I am talking a lot with coach Seider a lot at Penn State and we have a very good relationship. Also, my sister goes there, so it would be nice to have my parents going one place to see us both. I like the family environment there, I like coach Franklin, coach Seider and just overall, what Penn State is doing.

https://n.rivals.com/news/elite-2021-rb-evan-pryor-has-commitment-plan-in-place
Knock on wood but we have a real good shot here.

Too long to copy the full thing. It's a great offers board and a region stocked full of talent. Penn State needs to recapture some mojo this year or this potential for a number 1 overall class will go the way of 2020.

https://247sports.com/college/penn-...-2021-Penn-State-defensive-targets-131077632/

EDIT: Don't get me wrong I expect 2020 to still be a top 10 class, but what could have been will not be. It's the difference between very good/great and elite.

Penn State began building its 2021 football recruiting class in February by securing a verbal commitment from Maryland receiver Dont'e Thornton. Standing nearly 6-foot-5, 185 pounds and still only a sophomore, he is an impressive foundational piece for long-term Nittany Lions roster-building efforts.

Ronny Torres serves as Director of Player Personnel for The Opening, a nationwide camp circuit that culminates with an invite-only mid-summer showcase previously held at Nike's world headquarters

"Going back through one-on-ones, he probably put together the most complete day," Torres said. "He showed a little bit of everything — ability to make a contested catch on the deep ball, intermediate routes — and put together a nice array of plays. He's an impressive kid."

He noted that Thornton was probably runner-up for positional MVP honors, which went to 2020 Georgia receiver Kobe Stewart.

"He's a kid who understands what the advantage is when you have that kind of length, and he does use it to his advantage," Torres said. "You see it on tape where he's obviously a big red-zone threat. Throw it up to him and he can outreach guys. In addition to that, he has body control and uses that to fend off defenders. We saw that a lot."

Thornton, considered the No. 8 receiver and No. 54 overall talent in 247Sports 2021 recruit rankings, caught 40 passes for 860 yards (21.5 per reception) and 10 touchdowns in 2018. Only three of his peers in top-30 positional rankings are listed 6-4 or taller, and this dynamic calls to mind a former five-star prospect for Torres.

Reactions: garw and TheGLOV
https://247sports.com/college/penn-...ighth-In-state-offer-Class-of-2021-131642037/

Penn State continued its run of offers to Keystone State sophomores on Monday afternoon, extending a scholarship to Class of 2021 outside linebacker/defensive end Nahki Johnson. Assistant coaches Terry Smith and Tim Banks were at West Mifflin last week to check in on Johnson and other prospects.

The 6-foot-3, 220-pound prospect visited Penn State in March for a Junior Day and is approaching double-digit offers. Akron, Central Michigan, Pittsburgh, Toledo, Virginia Tech and West Virginia.

“[Penn State] was here last week and I talked to coach Terry on the phone,” said Johnson, who will camp at Penn State in June and is planning an Ohio State visit. “I’m very excited. My family loves Penn State.”

https://247sports.com/college/penn-...ighth-In-state-offer-Class-of-2021-131642037/

Penn State continued its run of offers to Keystone State sophomores on Monday afternoon, extending a scholarship to Class of 2021 outside linebacker/defensive end Nahki Johnson. Assistant coaches Terry Smith and Tim Banks were at West Mifflin last week to check in on Johnson and other prospects.

The 6-foot-3, 220-pound prospect visited Penn State in March for a Junior Day and is approaching double-digit offers. Akron, Central Michigan, Pittsburgh, Toledo, Virginia Tech and West Virginia.

“[Penn State] was here last week and I talked to coach Terry on the phone,” said Johnson, who will camp at Penn State in June and is planning an Ohio State visit. “I’m very excited. My family loves Penn State.”

Reactions: TheGLOV and garw
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT