ADVERTISEMENT

2021 Recruiting Class Thread

https://247sports.com/college/penn-...rticipates-during-Penn-State-visit-129222856/

Pryor, who picked up one of the Nittany Lions' earliest 2021 scholarship offers as a freshman last April, made his first trip to Happy Valley since attending a September 2018 showdown between Penn State and Ohio State. Aside from visiting with his sister — a sophomore at PSU — he took advantage of an opportunity to strengthen relationships.

Cain is one of three top-10 running back prospects to pick Penn State since December 2017.

“I wouldn’t be so quick to call them Running Back U yet, but they’re definitely on their way," Pryor said last week. "They put a lot of backs in the league, and they’re getting a lot of really good backs, too. … Now they’ve got Noah Cain and (fellow blue-chip 2019 signee) Devyn Ford. I think I fall in line with those guys in being a back who can do whatever you need.”

Last season, Pryor totaled nearly 1,200 yards of offense and 14 touchdowns. He is listed third among running backs and 67th overall in 247Sports 2020 rankings.

His fifth visit to Penn State since February 2018 featured a discussion with Nittany Lions coach James Franklin.

"He was telling me how they are building something special up there and he would love for me to be part of it," Pryor said.

Penn State secured its first verbal commitment of the 2021 recruiting class earlier this month, landing Baltimore receiver Dont'e Thornton. Pryor, who claims more than 20 offers, figures to be a long-term target in the cycle.

"Penn State is a great place with great people and it’s somewhere I can see myself playing at," he said while assessing the weekend.

Pryor, who is unsure of when he'll be back on campus, has also traveled to Georgia, NC State and Virginia Tech since the start of January. The presence of his sister in State College is an obvious notable dynamic.

“It helps a lot because you hear what the coaches tell you as selling points, but that might not always be the truth at some schools," he said. "With my sister there, she can tell me what’s really going on around campus and what the atmosphere is like; stuff like that. She’s kind of an insider for me.”

Pryor has a chance of being one of the highest-ranked running backs in the 2021 class and he is already getting close to announcing a short list. He doesn’t have a leader at this point but Penn State, Virginia Tech, Michigan, Alabama, Texas A&M and Georgia are the teams to watch with him. Pryor will visit North Carolina this weekend and wants to visit Notre Dame, Michigan and Ohio State during his spring break.

https://247sports.com/college/penn-...ack-recruit-talks-Penn-State-offer-130092296/

Top-10 cornerback on Penn State: 'It's a huge offer'

Steven Ortiz Jr. made a case to be considered one of the most promising underclassman defenders in America as a sophomore at Desert Edge (Goodyear, Ariz.) High School. Penn State presented his fifth college football scholarship offer on Wednesday. Ortiz is considered the No. 7 cornerback and No. 84 overall prospect in 247Sports 2021 rankings.

The Nittany Lions' inclusion appears to be a game-changer.

"It is a huge offer for me because pretty much all of my family lives on the East Coast," the younger Ortiz explained. "And they always talk about Penn State football, and how crazy the games are. I know the program has a lot of tradition and history, which is really cool. I really wasn't expecting it at all so it was a great surprise for me," Ortiz said. "I was really happy and excited. ... Im looking forward to getting to know (Spencer) better and getting to know more about the program. Penn State is an amazing program and I would love to visit."

If we can take time from worrying about Bresee and Fleming, Derrick Davis Jr. from Gateway picked up a Tom Loy CB to ND about a month ago. Loy followed that up with a CB for Elliot Donald to Pitt.
A week ago Bill Kurelic CBed Marvin Harrison Jr to OSU.
Then Wiltfong and Loy both put in CBs for Landon Tengwall to ND. He previously had 5 to PSU.

So it looks like we won't be able to get any elite talent to stay in region in 2021 either. Fire Franklin? :eek::eek:

Reactions: TheGLOV
If we can take time from worrying about Bresee and Fleming, Derrick Davis Jr. from Gateway picked up a Tom Loy CB to ND about a month ago. Loy followed that up with a CB for Elliot Donald to Pitt.
A week ago Bill Kurelic CBed Marvin Harrison Jr to OSU.
Then Wiltfong and Loy both put in CBs for Landon Tengwall to ND. He previously had 5 to PSU.

So it looks like we won't be able to get any elite talent to stay in region in 2021 either. Fire Franklin? :eek::eek:

not-good-gif-10.gif

Reactions: TheGLOV
Kyle McCord, the St. Joseph's QB, skipped our Junior day to go to Ohio State's, and is going to OSU's spring game. Wouldn't be surprised if he verbaled to them at that game to lock up his spot in their class. Pretty disappointing from a Philly kid.

Kyle McCord, the St. Joseph's QB, skipped our Junior day to go to Ohio State's, and is going to OSU's spring game. Wouldn't be surprised if he verbaled to them at that game to lock up his spot in their class. Pretty disappointing from a Philly kid.

Until they "Martell" him and he transfers to the SEC or ACC.

Reactions: Judge Smails
Until they "Martell" him and he transfers to the SEC or ACC.

I'm not sure what this comment means, but there may be some confusion on what happened at Ohio State. Martell transferred because he was an Urban Meyer quarterback, not a Ryan Day quarterback. Day told Martell that he was not the quarterback that he wanted to run his system, so thats why Martell transferred. Day is recruiting Kyle McCord, so he will not receive the same treatment that Martell received.

I'm not sure what this comment means, but there may be some confusion on what happened at Ohio State. Martell transferred because he was an Urban Meyer quarterback, not a Ryan Day quarterback. Day told Martell that he was not the quarterback that he wanted to run his system, so thats why Martell transferred. Day is recruiting Kyle McCord, so he will not receive the same treatment that Martell received.

Is McCord a pro style QB?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT