ADVERTISEMENT

2021 Recruiting Class Thread

2021 guys that were on campus last weekend (all have PSU offers):
MD 5* OT Landon Tengwall
VA 4* OT Tristan Leigh
PA 4* S Tysheem Johnson
OH UR ATH/WR Kaden Saunders (Other offers: UM, MSU, WVU)
NJ UR CB Jalen Cheek (Other offers: Baylor, UMD, Pitt, UVA, VT)

Tangwall couldn't make it.

Reactions: TheGLOV and bmw199
#28 overall, pictured with Franklin and WR verbal Thornton.

Man, that kid is built.

3ddea701eef252904012d50c27892bae.jpg

#28 overall, pictured with Franklin and WR verbal Thornton.

https://247sports.com/college/penn-...on-Tengwall-talks-Penn-State-visit-132715021/

UNIVERSITY PARK, Pa. — Two years after making a strong impression at Penn State's "Big Man Challenge" prior to his freshman year of high school, Landon Tengwall warranted attention again Saturday on the Nittany Lions practice field en route to event MVP honors.

"Limegrover continues to impress me every time I camp," Tengwall told Lions247. "Just like the players, he’s continuing to get better, too. He gave me some great new stuff to take back to work on. I love working with Limegrover."

"I was hanging with the coaches all day, which is always great," he said. "They are such a down-to-earth group of guys. I got to talk to (Nittany Lions defensive linemen) Fred Hansard and Shane Simmons a lot today. Both guys are really cool. Me and Shane got a little DeMatha-Good Counsel beef."

Considered the No. 5 tackle and No. 28 overall talent in 247Sports 2021 prospect rankings, Tengwall also mingled with another premier Maryland product who spent Saturday on campus. Receiver Dont'e Thornton, who became the Nittany Lions' first verbal commitment of the 2021 cycle in February, impressed and drew a crowd during seven-on-seven tournament action.

Tengwall and Thornton are listed first and second, respectively, in 247Sports' rankings of rising juniors in Maryland. Their interaction Saturday, and the sales pitch Tengwall received, was the latest example of an evolving relationship.

"We talk about [Penn State] from time to time," Tengwall said. "That’s my man. We definitely wanna run the Big Ten together. I got to get close with his uncle today, too. Great guy."

9271385.jpg

Tengwall, James Franklin and Thornton on Saturday.

He departed Happy Valley picking up positive vibes regarding one of his most ardent suitors.

"Penn State is definitely in a good place with me," Tengwall said. "It feels like home up here."

His next scheduled trip to Penn State is set for Oct. 19, when the Nittany Lions host Michigan for an annual White Out matchup.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT