ADVERTISEMENT

2021 Recruiting Class Thread

PA WR Marvin Harrison Jr., son of the Marvin Harrison that was Peyton Manning’s favorite target when he was on the Colts, is unranked in the composite but a favorite of 247, which has him rated 93.0 and #16 overall. He has offers from pretty much every program of substance and no crystal balls. A cursory viewing of his Hudl tape shows a player who’s quick into breaks, adept at high-pointing the ball, and displays excellent footwork near the line of scrimmage that allows him to either beat press coverage or stick a foot in the ground and find acres of space to operate in when CBs play off.

https://247sports.com/college/penn-...s-land-2021-wideout-Donte-Thornton-128618329/

Lions land 2021 wideout Thornton

BySEAN FITZ 11 minutes ago

8620709.jpg

(Photo: Sean Fitz, 247Sports)

The Class of 2021 won’t sign for nearly another two years, but Penn State is on the board with their first commitment in the cycle. Baltimore (Md.) Mount Saint Joseph wide receiver Dont'e Thornton has pledged to the Nittany Lions.

The 6-foot-4, 180-pound prospect was offered by the Nittany Lions over the summer and has been back to campus several times since then. He was on campus for Penn State’s Junior Day on Saturday.

Thornton was an All-MIAA selection as a sophomore, catching 40 passes for 860 yards and 10 touchdowns in 12 games in 2018. He was a first-team All-Metro selection by the Baltimore Sun.

Penn State offered Thornton over the summer after seeing him in action at camp. He returned for two games in September and the Nittany Lions held all four predictions on the 247Sports Crystal Ball.

Maryland, Michigan, Ohio State, Rutgers and Virginia also offered Thornton, who has yet to pick up a ranking from 247Sports.

https://bwi.rivals.com/news/2021-wr-dont-e-thornton-commits-to-nittany-lions

2021 WR Dont'e Thornton commits to Nittany Lions

bwb3neo0yuvxcwo4u3t1

Ryan Snyder • BlueWhiteIllustrated.com
@RivalsSnyder

Penn State picked up its first Class of 2021 commitment Saturday in wide receiver

Dont'e Thornton
Listed at 6-foot-3, 174 pounds, Thornton has been leaning towards the Lions for months now. This weekend's visit was already his fifth to University Park since June 2018. However, it was still a bit of a surprise that he made this move already, especially considering the fact that many of the nation's best were beginning to show interest.

Just over a week ago, Ohio State offered. Some other notable schools include Maryland, Michigan, Pittsburgh, Syracuse and Virginia.

This past season, Thornton totaled 860 yards receiving on 40 receptions. He also scored 10 touchdowns.

Reactions: TheGLOV
Front page article about 5* RB Evan Pryor visiting this weekend. His sister goes to PSU (I believe plays a sport; EDIT she does not). I'm not sure he is ready to end the process with so much time left, but the odds are in our favor.

Last edited:
Front page article about 5* RB Evan Pryor visiting this weekend. His sister goes to PSU (I believe plays a sport). I'm not sure he is ready to end the process with so much time left, but the odds are in our favor.
Yeah, he's from the Charlotte NC area, but his recruiting profile shows he's already made 4 visits to PSU, with another this weekend.

Front page article about 5* RB Evan Pryor visiting this weekend. His sister goes to PSU (I believe plays a sport). I'm not sure he is ready to end the process with so much time left, but the odds are in our favor.

As a freshman he had two different meets with times well under 11.0 in the 100 meter (10.81 and 10.85). He shouldn't get slower and he will definitely get bigger and stronger. Love that speed metric!

https://247sports.com/college/penn-...rticipates-during-Penn-State-visit-129222856/

Pryor, who picked up one of the Nittany Lions' earliest 2021 scholarship offers as a freshman last April, made his first trip to Happy Valley since attending a September 2018 showdown between Penn State and Ohio State. Aside from visiting with his sister — a sophomore at PSU — he took advantage of an opportunity to strengthen relationships.

Cain is one of three top-10 running back prospects to pick Penn State since December 2017.

“I wouldn’t be so quick to call them Running Back U yet, but they’re definitely on their way," Pryor said last week. "They put a lot of backs in the league, and they’re getting a lot of really good backs, too. … Now they’ve got Noah Cain and (fellow blue-chip 2019 signee) Devyn Ford. I think I fall in line with those guys in being a back who can do whatever you need.”

Last season, Pryor totaled nearly 1,200 yards of offense and 14 touchdowns. He is listed third among running backs and 67th overall in 247Sports 2020 rankings.

His fifth visit to Penn State since February 2018 featured a discussion with Nittany Lions coach James Franklin.

"He was telling me how they are building something special up there and he would love for me to be part of it," Pryor said.

Penn State secured its first verbal commitment of the 2021 recruiting class earlier this month, landing Baltimore receiver Dont'e Thornton. Pryor, who claims more than 20 offers, figures to be a long-term target in the cycle.

"Penn State is a great place with great people and it’s somewhere I can see myself playing at," he said while assessing the weekend.

Pryor, who is unsure of when he'll be back on campus, has also traveled to Georgia, NC State and Virginia Tech since the start of January. The presence of his sister in State College is an obvious notable dynamic.

“It helps a lot because you hear what the coaches tell you as selling points, but that might not always be the truth at some schools," he said. "With my sister there, she can tell me what’s really going on around campus and what the atmosphere is like; stuff like that. She’s kind of an insider for me.”

Was at PSU team camp in June. Offers from all the big boys.

CALEB WILLIAMS
6_8452180.jpg

Caleb Williams is a Class of 2021 QB from Gonzaga. Look out for this kid. In a playoff win against State High, he was extremely accurate, hitting throws in every zone. And he was smart. He never threw at Ellis, the Penn State commit.
What is state high? Playoffs were St. John’s and dematha (neither of which were slouches, and of course the dematha finish was one for the ages)

What is state high? Playoffs were St. John’s and dematha (neither of which were slouches, and of course the dematha finish was one for the ages)
Was at PSU team camp in June. Offers from all the big boys.

CALEB WILLIAMS
6_8452180.jpg

Caleb Williams is a Class of 2021 QB from Gonzaga. Look out for this kid. In a playoff win against State High, he was extremely accurate, hitting throws in every zone. And he was smart. He never threw at Ellis, the Penn State commit.
What is State High? If it’s State College why would they be playing Gonzaga in a playoff game? And who is Robinson?

ADVERTISEMENT