ADVERTISEMENT

2021-22 Premier League thread

Man Utd scored a clutch late goal to get all three points at Wolverhampton. They set the all time record for consecutive away matches without a loss at 28. That record goes back 140 years.

Now they assimilate Ronaldo into the team and we see where it goes.
That defensive midfield needs to figure itself out. It was hard to watch at times today.

Reactions: TheGLOV
Arsenal-meme-two.png

Arsenal-meme-one.png

Has anyone on here ever done a Premier League/F1 combo? Thinking about trying to do that next year. Thoughts on track and stadium to do? I do not have a favorite Premier League team.

Reactions: bmac710
Has anyone on here ever done a Premier League/F1 combo? Thinking about trying to do that next year. Thoughts on track and stadium to do? I do not have a favorite Premier League team.
Seems your best bet is with the Brtish Gran Prix at Silverstone probably combined with any London club - West Ham might be fun

This weekend's TV schedule

Saturday

7:30 am EDT -- Crystal Palace vs. Tottenham Hotspur (NBCSN)
10:00 am EDT -- Arsenal vs. Norwich City (Peacock)
10:00 am EDT -- Brentford vs. Brighton & Hove Albion (Peacock)
10:00 am EDT -- Leicester City vs. Man City (Peacock)
10:00 am EDT -- Man U vs. Newcastle United (nbcsports.com; USA Network)
10:00 am EDT -- Southampton vs. West Ham (NBCSN)
10:00 am EDT -- Watford vs. Wolverhampton Wanderers (Peacock)
12:30 pm EDT -- Chelsea vs. Aston Villa

Sunday

11:30 am EDT -- Leeds United vs. Liverpool (NBCSN)

Reactions: Alphabets
His second goal was classic Ronaldo. Outruns the D and gets a good pass, he’s the best finisher I’ve ever seen.
The other thing is that he takes defensive attention away from Fernandes, Rashford, Greenwood, Cavani, Martial, Pogba and others. It’s a huge cumulative boost having Ronaldo in the side. These other players instantly get better looks on goal.

Leeds 0-2 Liverpool at 52’. Very entertaining match, Leeds has had their chances. Good soccer.

And, I’d forgotten how electric Ronaldo can be. I’m looking forward to watching him weekly. I thought he’d lost a step, boy was I wrong. The guy’s still the bomb, maybe not as good as he used to be but still an extraordinary, incandescent talent.

Last edited:
Leeds 0-2 Liverpool at 52’. Very entertaining match, Leeds has had their chances. Good soccer.

And, I’d forgotten how electric Ronaldo can be. I’m looking forward to watching him weekly. I thought he’d lost a step, boy was I wrong. The guy’s still the bomb, maybe not as good as he used to be but still an extraordinary, intransient talent.
Match over, Leeds got a straight red card at 60’.

And, I’d forgotten how electric Ronaldo can be. I’m looking forward to watching him weekly. I thought he’d lost a step, boy was I wrong. The guy’s still the bomb, maybe not as good as he used to be but still an extraordinary, incandescent talent.
I’m having issues posting Twitter. I hope someone can find a gif of his second goal from yesterday, that was classic Ronaldo. TIA.

Reactions: Alphabets
LOL, haters have to hate because they are in the minority when it comes to the sport.

In the minority and losing ground here in the USA, though, still the majority here.

I played college football and still love both sports.

Paramount+ and something called fubo tv; I don’t subscribe. Some later matches will be on CBSSN.
Let me fill you in. Wan Bissaka got a straight red for a clumsy challenge in the 33rd minute after Ronaldo gave MU the lead in the 15th or so minute. United gave one back and it was looking like a draw until Jesse Lingard who had all day to clear the ball played a ball softly into his own box passing it back to the other team for a great assist on losing goal. I honestly don't recall seeing a dumber pass being a man down in extra time ever. I'm at a loss for words....have never seen anything quite so bad. I'm not sure he bounces back mentally after that gaf....awful.

Let me fill you in. Wan Bissaka got a straight red for a clumsy challenge in the 33rd minute after Ronaldo gave MU the lead in the 15th or so minute. United gave one back and it was looking like a draw until Jesse Lingard who had all day to clear the ball played a ball softly into his own box passing it back to the other team for a great assist on losing goal. I honestly don't recall seeing a dumber pass being a man down in extra time ever. I'm at a loss for words....have never seen anything quite so bad. I'm not sure he bounces back mentally after that gaf....awful.
Thanks. Rough for you.

Dang, that was a beautiful assist on the last goal. Awful is right.

Reactions: LaJollaLion
Way to keep your composure. Seriously. You should give lessons.

• Wow
Reactions: LaJollaLion
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT