ADVERTISEMENT

2021-22 Premier League thread

We all know there is only one game that matters this weekend.
200.gif
vs

And its Liverpool vs. Chelsea!

Just out of curiosity, would there be enough interest to support a Bundesliga season thread?

Just out of curiosity, would there be enough interest to support a Bundesliga season thread?

Doubt it. I do watch Bundesliga although, just teams with Americans, so lots of Dortmund, RB Leipzig, Wolfsburg and now, leverkusen.

Maybe just consolidate into a one size fits all Soccer thread. We also have the WC qualifiers going on really soon. I watch certain German clubs with Americans on them or the bigger matches. Even Serie A with a few there now and LaLiga too. 247 has a great long running soccer thread and we have enough interest here to do one. @Tom McAndrew ????

Reactions: GreggK
Maybe just consolidate into a one size fits all Soccer thread. We also have the WC qualifiers going on really soon. I watch certain German clubs with Americans on them or the bigger matches. Even Serie A with a few there now and LaLiga too. 247 has a great long running soccer thread and we have enough interest here to do one. @Tom McAndrew ????
Well, we could give Glov a separate Liverpool thread and have plenty of room for other leagues.

Doubt it. I do watch Bundesliga although, just teams with Americans, so lots of Dortmund, RB Leipzig, Wolfsburg and now, leverkusen.
I don’t follow German football but if someone wants to talk about that league here, no skin off my nose. One good way to get a conversation going is to post the new weekly table. Who knows, it might lead to some really good discussions and cannot possibly hurt.

I tend to doubt there would be a lot of interest, but I've been surprised before. @manatree feel free to start such a thread.

As for a all-things soccer thread, I don't like that idea. The Premier League warrants a thread. The USMT and USWT get threads for whatever events they are in. And there is a nice thread about the young players that are poised to make a splash, we hope, on the USMT.

tumblr_inline_p8dugoSzDP1rarqf4_400.gifv

He's coming home!!!!
I am prepared to be underwhelmed. As the board knows, I’m a fan but not an expert; it is best to keep that in mind when I opine on soccer. Still, I always thought a big part of Ronaldo’s game was his speed. The way he ran, stiff armed, no wasted motion, his speed put opponents on their heels. That’s presumably gone now.

I am prepared to be underwhelmed. As the board knows, I’m a fan but not an expert; it is best to keep that in mind when I opine on soccer. Still, I always thought a big part of Ronaldo’s game was his speed. The way he ran, stiff armed, no wasted motion, his speed put opponents on their heels. That’s presumably gone now.
Ronaldo’s game has evolved a lot since his days playing RM at Man Utd. He scored 29 league goals last season and won the golden boot at the Euros two months ago.

Don’t expect the same speedy player from 10 years ago. He’s all about positioning and finishing efficiency. He’ll play forward for Utd and be counted on for goals.

This move is also about bringing back a championship mentality to Man Utd. Ronaldo is a dominator.

Ronaldo’s game has evolved a lot since his days playing RM at Man Utd. He scored 29 league goals last season and won the golden boot at the Euros two months ago.

Don’t expect the same speedy player from 10 years ago. He’s all about positioning and finishing efficiency. He’ll play forward for Utd and be counted on for goals.

This move is also about bringing back a championship mentality to Man Utd. Ronaldo is a dominator.
I kind of expected that someone would respond as you did. Appreciated.

Reactions: WestSideLion
Does anyone know if the matches on Peacock are on the First (free) Tier?
MC-Arsenal is on Premium. It’s nice that Arsenal and “Premium” can somehow find themselves in the same sentence, it’s a bloody miracle! It’s MC 3-0 Arsenal at the half and Xhaka got himself a red card. What a charming way to start your morning.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheGLOV
I’m almost certain to go. Have you got your tix yet?
PSU has not mailed them yet. MaconNitt is going as well as my close friend and his brother, who are Baltimore denizens. Will try to get a tailgate parking pass this time and probably hit Guinness Open Gate again.

But what was the final?

Did Liverpool score a nice goal as well sir?

:) ;) :)
Did you watch the match? Liverpool didn’t score on a nice goal, they scored on a penalty kick. They also had a man advantage for the entire second half and couldn’t take advantage. Given that it was played at Anfield, Chelsea won the day.

Last edited:
Man Utd scored a clutch late goal to get all three points at Wolverhampton. They set the all time record for consecutive away matches without a loss at 28. That record goes back 140 years.

Now they assimilate Ronaldo into the team and we see where it goes.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT