ADVERTISEMENT

2021-22 Premier League thread

This weekend's TV schedule:

Saturday
7:30 am EDT -- Liverpool vs. Burnley (Peacock)
10:00 am EDT -- Aston Villa vs. Newcastle (NBCSN)
10:00 am EDT -- Crystal Palace vs. Brentford (Peacock)
10:00 am EDT -- Leeds United vs. Everton (Peacock)
10:00 am EDT -- Man City vs. Norwich City (USA Network)
12:30 pm EDT -- Brighton Hove Albion vs. Watford (NBC)

Sunday
9:00 am EDT -- Southampton vs. Man U (Peacock)
9:00 am EDT -- Wolverhampton Wanderers vs. Tottenham Hotspur (NBCSN)
11:30 am EDT -- Arsenal vs. Chelsea (NBCSN)

Reactions: LaJollaLion

Saturday
7:30 am EDT -- Liverpool vs. Burnley (Peacock)
10:00 am EDT -- Aston Villa vs. Newcastle (NBCSN)
10:00 am EDT -- Crystal Palace vs. Brentford (Peacock)
10:00 am EDT -- Leeds United vs. Everton (Peacock)
10:00 am EDT -- Man City vs. Norwich City (USA Network)
12:30 pm EDT -- Brighton Hove Albion vs. Watford (NBC)

Sunday
9:00 am EDT -- Southampton vs. Man U (Peacock)
9:00 am EDT -- Wolverhampton Wanderers vs. Tottenham Hotspur (NBCSN)
11:30 am EDT -- Arsenal vs. Chelsea (NBCSN)

Wolves 0-1 Spurs at 75’. I got back from the gym fifteen minutes ago and as soon as I get comfortable Wolves have the sort of breakaway you see maybe once every five matches. Completely blew it. Lloris made a decent save but nothing spectacular.

Last edited:
Wolves 0-1 Spurs at 75’. I got back from the gym fifteen minutes ago and as soon as soon as I get comfortable Wolves have the sort of breakaway you see maybe once every five matches. Completely blew it. Lloris made a decent save but nothing spectacular.
Bergwijn just made the kind of play any fan could point to and say, “This is why I watch soccer.” Sheer brilliance technically, creatively, artistically. Of course that bum Harry Kane blew the follow up, but that was awe inspiring.

Final score Wolves 0-1 Spurs. Good soccer.

Last edited:
Ole for some reason doesn't start Sancho again.....it's as if he wants to make his job harder. Varane is clearly needed in the back as well as Maguire is stumbling around and needs cover. Mind boggling to spend that money and not use it....LuKaku singed after both starts for Chelsea today. Greenwood is your #9, f--k Martial's feelings at this point.

Bergwijn just made the kind of play any fan could point to and say, “This is why I watch soccer.” Sheer brilliance technically, creatively, artistically. Of course that bum Harry Kane blew the follow up, but that was awe inspiring.

Final score Wolves 0-1 Spurs. Good soccer.
Traore was a handful for Spurs, but miraculously they prevailed.

Roger Bennett on “Morning Joe” just now: “Arsenal is footballing’s Grey Gardens.” Outstanding.
Going to be a long season, my friend. Also, Rog is the best. True passion for the game. Loved his sit-down with Arsene some months back.

Reactions: LionJim
Don't we have a Villian in this thread? I've always thought Danny Ings was an underrated player. What a goal!

I about spilt my water when I saw this goal today. Really impressive finish. Ings is a great signing for Villa. I'm a big Everton supporter and would've loved for them to give him a look back in 2018 when he was going out on loan with Southampton, but obviously the rivalry between Liverpool and Everton meant they had no chance. Always liked Ings. 22 EPL goals just two years ago. So underrated.

Your favorite team Ryan?

Diehard Everton supporter. I've seen them play 4x now. Once in the states for a preseason match, then three times in England. My last trip was four or five years ago. Then my three-year old was born, so that's kinda slowed me down a bit, but we'll take the boys over there to see a game in the future, no doubt.

My wife played college soccer, so she enjoys it, too.

If any of you get the opportunity to make a trip, I highly suggest it.

Reactions: TheGLOV
Diehard Everton supporter. I've seen them play 4x now. Once in the states for a preseason match, then three times in England. My last trip was four years ago. Then my three-year old was born, so that's kinda slowed me down a bit, but we'll take the boys over there to see a game in the future, no doubt. My wife played college soccer, so she enjoys it, too.

Very good sir.

Thank you!

There is also a 'favorite' premier poll where you can vote for them here.

Very good sir.

Thank you!

There is also a 'favorite' premier poll where you can vote for them here.

Nice, I'll check it out. My last trip over there we did six matches in 10 days. Was so much fun bouncing between London, Liverpool and Mancheter. We went the second week of December, when they play matches everyday, so we had an absolute blast. Saw Everton play twice on that trip, including an 88th minute winner over Arsenal under the lights at Goodison Park.

One of the most fun nights of my life. I drank in those pubs outside the stadium until they kicked us out. All the fans over there loved that we were American and supported Everton instead of some of the bigger clubs. They literally bought us drinks the entire night.

I've also been to Stamford Bridge. Forgot to charge my phone the night before, so it was dead. Didn't get any pictures. Drank too much that day, too, obviously haha.

E6984B7F-6291-4108-89B0-04BF37C31D2F.JPG

Diehard Everton supporter. I've seen them play 4x now. Once in the states for a preseason match, then three times in England. My last trip was four or five years ago. Then my three-year old was born, so that's kinda slowed me down a bit, but we'll take the boys over there to see a game in the future, no doubt.

My wife played college soccer, so she enjoys it, too.

If any of you get the opportunity to make a trip, I highly suggest it.
If you're wanting to go to a real Football match, head to Glasgow and go see Celtic and Rangers :)

Reactions: TheGLOV
265142a2d910c29c9b4f8a09f3165a4d.jpg

A London man left 2 Arsenal tickets on his dash and someone broke in and left 2 more!

Saturday
7:30 am EDT -- Man City vs. Arsenal (Peacock)
10:00 am EDT -- Aston Villa vs. Brentford (Peacock)
10:00 am EDT -- Brighton & Hove Albion vs. Everton (NBCSN)
10:00 am EDT -- Newcastle U vs. Southampton (Peacock)
10:00 am EDT -- Norwich City vs. Leicester (Peacock)
10:00 am EDT -- West Ham vs. Crystal Palace (Peacock)
12:30 pm EDT -- Liverpool vs. Chelsea

Sunday
9:00 am EDT -- Burnley vs. Leeds U (NBCSN)
9:00 am EDT -- Tottenham Hotspur vs. Watford (Peacock)
11:30 am EDT -- Wolverhampton Wanders vs. Man U (NBCSN)

Saturday

Sunday
Does anyone know if the matches on Peacock are on the First (free) Tier?

Saturday

Sunday

We all know there is only one game that matters this weekend.
200.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT