ADVERTISEMENT

2020 Transfer portal news

Yes, Isaac Wilcox will be on his mormon mission, year 2 of 2, for the 2020-1 season. He should be on campus for the 2021-2 season, unless plans have changed.

Remember too, with Paddy Gallagher coming in 2021-2, he may need to go 157 to see the lineup, depending on what Kharchla does (65 vs 74 over time). If Echemendia and Sasso can hold 41 and 49, then the 2021-2 line up from 41 to 74 could be Ech-Sasso-Gallagher-Kharchla-Romero.
If Sasso goes up to 57, then he and Paddy will 2 years overlap.
Is Paddy going to be able to make 57 by then? That seems very optimistic. I feel like it’s more likely he goes 65 and Kharchla goes up. By the time Paddy gets there Romero will be a senior, so if he redshirts it won’t even matter.

Is Paddy going to be able to make 57 by then? That seems very optimistic. I feel like it’s more likely he goes 65 and Kharchla goes up. By the time Paddy gets there Romero will be a senior, so if he redshirts it won’t even matter.
He went 160 last year at Eds.
We'll see where he goes this winter - if we have sports.
He will have 2 years of overlap with Sasso and 3 years of overlap with Kharchla. So, just depends on all their weights.
Kharchla is short for his weight..not sure 174 is his ideal weight class. But, I also though Pletcher was way too short for 141 - so shows how little I know.

He went 160 last year at Eds.
We'll see where he goes this winter - if we have sports.
He will have 2 years of overlap with Sasso and 3 years of overlap with Kharchla. So, just depends on all their weights.
Kharchla is short for his weight..not sure 174 is his ideal weight class. But, I also though Pletcher was way too short for 141 - so shows how little I know.
Kharchla might be 174 this year.With Romero or Smith cutting to 165

Romero improved a lot the second half of the season. He also didn't look like someone who had 9 pounds of extra weight. I would pencil him in at 174. Then again...….Cenzo didn't look like he had 35-40 extra pounds he could drop either......but if this board is to be believed....he did :)

Reactions: danoftw
Romero improved a lot the second half of the season. He also didn't look like someone who had 9 pounds of extra weight. I would pencil him in at 174. Then again...….Cenzo didn't look like he had 35-40 extra pounds he could drop either......but if this board is to be believed....he did :)
Im hearing Kharchla to 174 he beats them all and will go where he feels most comfortable.

Reactions: Sportfan2017
Im hearing Kharchla to 174 he beats them all and will go where he feels most comfortable.
I know Kharchla was beating both early in the year.....although reasonably close. Was he still beating Romero at years end when Romero went up and found a bigger gas tank and more offense? If so....Ohio State has a good problem on their hand. Romero was a star football player and great athlete who is now focusing on just wrestling...and showing improvement. Either way...….174 is going to be a very good weight for them.

So, I'm guessing the rumors we would be adding a transfer were just that ... rumors.

So, I'm guessing the rumors we would be adding a transfer were just that ... rumors.

yea. I’m more interested in the health of Brady Berge , anyone see anything on social media or articles? Hope the best for Brady

Curious decision if it's for wrestling. He was pretty much locked in as a 4-yr starter at GMU. GMU's only other HWT is career 3-14, their backup 197 is career 3-27, and they have no HWT commits.)

He'll have better practice partners at Pitt, and while he'll have to compete for the job, he should beat out Rickert -- this year, while Whitehill shirts. After that ... Whitehill is a much better prospect.

Much more understandable if it's for in-state tuition + proximity to home.

Curious decision if it's for wrestling. He was pretty much locked in as a 4-yr starter at GMU. GMU's only other HWT is career 3-14, their backup 197 is career 3-27, and they have no HWT commits.)

He'll have better practice partners at Pitt, and while he'll have to compete for the job, he should beat out Rickert -- this year, while Whitehill shirts. After that ... Whitehill is a much better prospect.

Much more understandable if it's for in-state tuition + proximity to home.
Maybe it had something to do with the fact that he may have been spending Fall or Spring semester doing remote learning at GMU from Pittsburgh. GMU intends to conduct on-campus learning, but you never know...

Wrong Hoffman.
34199025.jpg

Reactions: danoftw
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT