ADVERTISEMENT

2024 Transfer Portal

Hey Ferrari clan, we're sorry, tomorrow is a new year.

And so it's begins again???

Let's hope so.
The Ferrari thing reminds me of that Pringles potato chip joke by Mitch Hedberg, they thought they were getting tennis balls and ended up with potatoes

I don’t think he has a chance at a title, but his sister Annie has a shot.
giphy-5.gif

Reactions: 82bordeaux
Ben Askren supposedly just met with the Wisconsin AD. Since he is also quitting FLO....could he be the next Head Wrestling coach? If so....how might that affect the Mirasola brothers? Askren Acadamey could be a great feeder system.

Weirdly enough, I actually had a heads up on this one back in February after talking with his dad. I was curious to see if making nationals would change his mind, but evidently it didn’t. Great get for Gannon

Weirdly enough, I actually had a heads up on this one back in February after talking with his dad. I was curious to see if making nationals would change his mind, but evidently it didn’t. Great get for Gannon

He had to transfer -- this was his 4th year. Bucknell is like the Ivies, 4 years and out, no shirting and no grad students. So he was leaving anyway, just a matter of where. He did not compete in 2022, so that's his shirt year once he transfers even though Bucknell wouldn't let him use it as such.

Good luck to him. He should be a strong contender, if not the favorite, for the D2 title next year.

Bucknell recently has been able to get more athletes into dual majors making them eligible to redshirt. As far as I know that is the only way they can there. Coach Wirns said in an interview that about half of their incoming class last year was able to get into dual majors. Also they expect to be fully funded by the time that glass graduates. I still don’t think that they take transfers or grey shirts.

I forgot about Bucknell falling sort of inline with the Ivies rules where you’re in and out, no post grad stuff. When talking with his dad Mel, he told me Dorian had really good grades at Bucknell and Dorian basically wanted to compete close to home in his last season.

Bucknell recently has been able to get more athletes into dual majors making them eligible to redshirt. As far as I know that is the only way they can there. Coach Wirns said in an interview that about half of their incoming class last year was able to get into dual majors. Also they expect to be fully funded by the time that glass graduates. I still don’t think that they take transfers or grey shirts.

I can’t speak to the wrestling team specifically, but when I was there >20 years ago transfers in were rare but possible.

Reactions: jpsolo
Sounds right. Very rare to be anything but 4 and out for anyone there. Maybe there are more “regular” students who dual major and it’s common but it’s a school thing not an NCAA or athletics thing.
Would love to see that school up there with Cornell I think the potential is there but no redshirt makes it tough.

I think Foca will have plenty of suitors at 184 if he transfers. I have no interest in him coming to challenge for 184. The difference between him and Barr (if there is a difference at all) is not nearly enough to tip any scales. If he’s sick of cutting or something and wants to come and move up, OK, I guess, but I’m plenty fine with Cochran, too.
Anyone is welcome to PSU and compete for a position (ala Max Dean), but I can't see any weight other the possibly heavy that any transfer will be a game changer for whether PSU wins or loses at NCAA's in 2025. Even heavy is a marginal difference for the team championship. Just my opinion...

Anyone is welcome to PSU and compete for a position (ala Max Dean), but I can't see any weight other the possibly heavy that any transfer will be a game changer for whether PSU wins or loses at NCAA's in 2025. Even heavy is a marginal difference for the team championship. Just my opinion...
PSU has a 70+ pt lead in returning points. So barring injuries, plural, no import will affect the 2025 team title.

Fellow bucknellion. Nice. I was there 22 years ago. Hoping wrestling program continues to grow

I was there as a freshman and sophomore (2001-2003) before transferring to PSU (mostly had to do with specific academic interests at the time that Bucknell didn’t offer). Sounds like our timelines there overlapped.

I am also hoping the wrestling program continues to grow. It was great seeing several guys at NCAAs last month.

Reactions: creamery freak
PSU has a 70+ pt lead in returning points. So barring injuries, plural, no import will affect the 2025 team title.
It’s going to take a shitload of injuries to derail the train next year. They could have Davis, Kasak, Sealey, Ryder, and both Mirasolas all redshirting and available to come out to cover injuries (along with Super Roomguys Barraclough & Evans still around as well), so they’ll have AA level backups at almost every weight, too.

Feel like Michigan or Iowa makes the most sense.
Iowa makes sense if either Flynn or Ayala is planning to move up to 133. As for Michigan, supposedly they brought in DeAug last year to give Horwath a year to RS (which he did). I don't think they're ready to give up on him even though his RS results weren't good. He was a pretty high rated recruit for them.

Reactions: goldenanimal
ASU has a monster waiting in the wings in Larkin. Took Yianni to the brink at OTT. This works best for both parties. Parco gets a nice payday and ASU gets their young star in the lineup without any competition fuss.
Any idea where Parco lands? Is Iowa an option?

Any idea where Parco lands? Is Iowa an option?
I'm sure they'll kick the tires at least. They recruited him the last time he transferred, but that was a much different situation. They have 3/4 younger guys who have had some success they might be willing to give another shot over paying a bag for a 6th year senior. I personally would pass on him. Track record is too shaky with those guys.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT