ADVERTISEMENT

2024 Transfer Portal

I would expect the usual suspect to take a swing. With their last rental now competing for Mexico, Michigan's next 149 is a career 7-7.
I'm only wondering one thing 😂 Do Arizona State "classes" actually count at a real University for transfer credits? (JKlol)

I'm sure they'll kick the tires at least. They recruited him the last time he transferred, but that was a much different situation. They have 3/4 younger guys who have had some success they might be willing to give another shot over paying a bag for a 6th year senior. I personally would pass on him. Track record is too shaky with those guys.
Iowa style training on a 6th year isn't ideal. But a guy who has AA'ed 4 times vs a room of 0 time AAs? Yeah no you go all in if he's interested.

Guessing most likely are OKST and Missouri. He's from central Kansas -- they're 2 of the 3 closest schools to home. He'd be a clear upgrade at Missouri. OKST comes into play only if Carroll can get down to 197; Doucet is not bad but probably not making the podium, so they would want the upgrade.

Oklahoma is probably OK with Heindselman, he was R12 this past year, and they don't seem to be in the 1-yr rental market (especially with Heindselman being a SR).

Iowa State and Arizona State will not be in the mix with Bastida and Schultz returning.

I was rather startled on Saturday to see Hendrickson in the men’s room at BJC among the unwashed masses. Also, David Taylor goes shopping at Wegmans between finals sessions. This is one thing about elite wrestlers (JB possibly excepted), …. they don’t live in no cocoon.
I managed to get floor seats for the finals and had to use the restroom. Naturally, I went in the break before a Greco match was up. Instead of going all the way up to the main concourse, I slipped in the Founder's Hall hallway, thinking a restroom would be close by with no wait. Little did I know, I would have to walk nearly half of the concourse before finding a restroom.

I'm rushing on my way back, so I limit myself from missing any action. As I'm walking past a curtained off area, I nearly ran head-on into DT coming out of the curtain. This is probably 20 mins before his last match against AB, and he's in casual shorts and a crew neck hoodie. I shook his hand, wished him luck and went on my way. Just surprised me to see him so casual so close to taking center stage!

I was rather startled on Saturday to see Hendrickson in the men’s room at BJC among the unwashed masses. Also, David Taylor goes shopping at Wegmans between finals sessions. This is one thing about elite wrestlers (JB possibly excepted), …. they don’t live in no cocoon.
The bathroom lines were brutal at times and I was only drinking bottled water. On one of my bathroom breaks, waiting outside the bathroom, I noticed Dave Joyner was in front of me. I commented that now I at least knew which was the executive restroom.

He is such a great guy and a blessing to Penn State.

I managed to get floor seats for the finals and had to use the restroom. Naturally, I went in the break before a Greco match was up. Instead of going all the way up to the main concourse, I slipped in the Founder's Hall hallway, thinking a restroom would be close by with no wait. Little did I know, I would have to walk nearly half of the concourse before finding a restroom.

I'm rushing on my way back, so I limit myself from missing any action. As I'm walking past a curtained off area, I nearly ran head-on into DT coming out of the curtain. This is probably 20 mins before his last match against AB, and he's in casual shorts and a crew neck hoodie. I shook his hand, wished him luck and went on my way. Just surprised me to see him so casual so close to taking center stage!
So you're the reason he lost? He was in a zen trance and you broke him loose to shake his hand. My God, what were you thinking!! ;)

• Haha
Reactions: OzarkLion
The person who posted that has withdrawn it and said he got bad info.
giphy.gif

Reactions: BruceK-PSU83
The person who posted that has withdrawn it and said he got bad info.
Ah okay. I know Alirez has a deep connection to Northern Colorado (hence why he is there) but I would buy that number and that is a lot of money to turn down so I would definitely say where there is smoke, there is fire.

If he hopes to repeat there are better choices.
Michigan is better than Iowa or UNCO for his freestyle career. And having better training partners + daily access to a better RTC won't hurt his NCAA title chances.

That doesn't mean he's leaving though.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT