ADVERTISEMENT

2020 Transfer portal news

So is the Jacori Teemer stuff just more wild off-season speculation or is there any real smoke to this fire?

So is the Jacori Teemer stuff just more wild off-season speculation or is there any real smoke to this fire?
I just googled Teemer and filtered results down to the last week. Also searched him on Twitter.

If he is transferring out of ASU (not just possibly to PSU), it is a complete secret to the entire world except for Page 1 of this thread. Nowhere else is it mentioned at all.

You'd think somebody, somewhere would've said something if it had any legs.

tOSU? Michigan? Any guesses as to where he winds up?
Guess: Ohio State.

Transfers often go to one of their recruiting finalist schools -- and according to Flo at the time: "the decision essentially came down to Ohio State and Virginia Tech."
https://www.flowrestling.org/articles/5055739-2-mitch-moore-commits-to-virginia-tech

Moore would be an instant upgrade for Tan Tom unless he's sold on D'Emilio at 141, or sold on Echemendia making 141 as a true freshman.

Last edited:
Guess: Ohio State.

Transfers often go to one of their recruiting finalist schools -- and according to Flo at the time: "the decision essentially came down to Ohio State and Virginia Tech."
https://www.flowrestling.org/articles/5055739-2-mitch-moore-commits-to-virginia-tech

Moore would be an instant upgrade for Tan Tom unless he's sold on D'Emilio at 141, or sold on Echemendia making 141 as a true freshman.
Echemendia will be 141.Moore will probably be a 149 wherever he ends up.He could end up in Ohio

The way Ryan is working the portal he must feel a lot of his stud recruits aren't working out.

The way Ryan is working the portal he must feel a lot of his stud recruits aren't working out.
I wouldn’t say he is worried about his stud recruits not working out.
He lost kerk when Snyder left.
Snyder’s brother Kevin transferred to Navy to wrestle.
He’s lost some to graduation and probably the transfer portal itself. If it wasn’t for this tool that MAT prepared for us, outside of Tate Orndorff we probably wouldn’t have heard of the other 3, 2 of which joined Ohio state in January for the spring semester. He is adding depth which is what you want. As we could see this year when our starting 125 and 157 couldn’t continue. Love the fight Meredith and Bo put up but Meredith could have used a RS and Bo well we wanted the Bo that met Nolf in the final of the scuffle and didn’t get that guy

TanTom can build all the depth he wants, however it is not truly depth unless the wrestler can score points at NCAA's. Anything other than that really doesn't matter. Quality depth cost scholarship money which could take away from better starters.

Reactions: Shot of Espresso
I wouldn’t say he is worried about his stud recruits not working out.
He lost kerk when Snyder left.
Snyder’s brother Kevin transferred to Navy to wrestle.
He’s lost some to graduation and probably the transfer portal itself. If it wasn’t for this tool that MAT prepared for us, outside of Tate Orndorff we probably wouldn’t have heard of the other 3, 2 of which joined Ohio state in January for the spring semester. He is adding depth which is what you want. As we could see this year when our starting 125 and 157 couldn’t continue. Love the fight Meredith and Bo put up but Meredith could have used a RS and Bo well we wanted the Bo that met Nolf in the final of the scuffle and didn’t get that guy
Didn’t Meredith already redshirt?

He’s 2 years out of HS. Could’ve grey shirted without looking it up if he didn’t redshirt.

If Brady is 100% , we are fine
If not , need help

IMO, the loss of Berge cannot be underestimated last year. He was going to be a force at 157, without the massive weight cut.
That said, concussions can be career ending in any sport, let alone wrestling.
I sincerely hope he gets back, but I'm skeptical and favor him erring on the side of caution and him not returning if it means him being relatively healthy the rest of his life.

As great as Iowa feels about their year, dual and Big 10 championship; we win both duals (ASU & Iowa) if only Cassar were there, not to mention the added impact of a healthy Berge and a Shack who was finally getting into tournament shape.

Sure we loose VJ and Markie and Iowa gets stronger IMO, but we will be right there addressing several gaps, and I think we all have some crazy high expectations of Starocci, thanks partially to Mark's comments from what he is seeing, let alone his tourney performances.

I am still, unfortunately in the camp that this will be a lost 'year' i.e. March to March, but the above illustrates how quickly our gaps will be filled and the end to end team stronger next year, let alone two years ahead with the newbees all seeing a CV redshirt.

Last edited:
Reactions: ccdiver
As great as Iowa feels about their year, dual and Big 10 championship; we win both duals (ASU & Iowa) if only Cassar were there, not to mention the larger impact of a healthy Berge and a Shack who was finally getting into tournament shape.

Sure we loose VJ and Markie and Iowa gets stronger IMO, but we will be right there addressing several gaps, and I think we all have some crazy high expectations of Starocci, thanks partially to Mark's comments from what he is seeing, let alone his tourney performances.

I am still, unfortunately in the camp that this will be a lost 'year' i.e. March to March, but the above illustrates how quickly our gaps will be filled and the end to end team stronger next year, let alone two years ahead with the newbees all seeing a CV redshirt.
Cassar was there for ASU, though Berge, Brooks, Sheed were not

IMO, the loss of Berge cannot be underestimated last year. He was going to be a force at 157, without the massive weight cut.
That said, concussions can be career ending in any sport, let alone wrestling.
I sincerely hope he gets back, but I'm skeptical and favor him erring on the side of caution and him not returning if it means him being relatively healthy the rest of his life.

He beat Humphreys from Lehigh back in November, which is nothing to scoff at. I'm hoping he comes back, too. I did pretty much the same thing he did at worlds during my sophomore year of college and I think I probably should have been more cautious afterwards.

If Echemendia ever makes 141 for OSU I’d be pretty surprised. Has anyone seen that kid lately? He’s huge.

If Echemendia ever makes 141 for OSU I’d be pretty surprised. Has anyone seen that kid lately? He’s huge.

Yah, I lol'd at that suggestion, also.

EVmJEdIXgAAUZm0

EVA6bJmWsAsMPou

Not college anymore, but has anybody heard anything about Mark and Cenzo? Askren suggested on FRL that Cenzo was headed out to ASU and Mark was headed to the Penn RTC. Both make sense because the NLWC already has top contenders at their weights, but I haven't heard anything other than what Askren said.

Not college anymore, but has anybody heard anything about Mark and Cenzo? Askren suggested on FRL that Cenzo was headed out to ASU and Mark was headed to the Penn RTC. Both make sense because the NLWC already has top contenders at their weights, but I haven't heard anything other than what Askren said.
I thought Hall was going straight into coaching? Glad to see he’s still wrestling if this is true.

Correct, the 184 forfeit was the big one there probably 3 or 4 points lost vs 6, hence a dual victory even without Berge.
I hear you, but that ranges from very to insanely optimistic. Remember, Shak was still over 6 weeks away from returning. Zahid would've faced Edsell (if not for the failed skin check).

2x champ with an 85% bonus rate, vs. a FR backup wrestling up a weight ... that matchup was not a regular decision. If Edsell would've somehow held Zahid to a MD -- conceivable but not something you'd want to rely on -- then Cassar's decision would've won the dual. Otherwise, we still lose. (As-is with the forfeit, Cassar needed to win by TF or pin.)

The match we'd really like to have back, with the active roster at the time, was 149. Verk lost by RT to Maruca (who finished the year 10-14 and DNQ for nationals). Maruca was awarded a takedown on a challenge with 2 sec left in the period; Verk would've had an escape if continuation were allowed. Verk also wasted a lot of time getting stalemated on reversal attempts, instead of simply escaping.

Reactions: danoftw
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT