ADVERTISEMENT

2020 Recruiting Class Thread

JImmah Hairball at Damascus HS talking to Bresee. "He's weird" and "he was touching me a lot, feeling my traps and stuff" were two of the comments from said recruit

JImmah Hairball at Damascus HS talking to Bresee. "He's weird" and "he was touching me a lot, feeling my traps and stuff" were two of the comments from said recruit
I don't doubt you out of hand...but it is so odd that it warrants asking: is this simply sarcasm to disparage JH or is this a real incident? lol

I don't doubt you out of hand...but it is so odd that it warrants asking: is this simply sarcasm to disparage JH or is this a real incident? lol
Real, they supposedly offered a 2021 OL while he was here too. Ryan Linthicum, 6'4, 270

Julian Fleming news, re: Ohio State:
https://lettermenrow.com/ohio-state...julian-fleming-visit-kendall-milton-buckeyes/

It’s beginning to look a lot like football for the Ohio State recruiting staff. This week, with the Buckeyes football team getting a little time off, the Ohio State coaches are on the road and today receivers coach Brian Hartline made a visit to see Julian Fleming, a 5-star 2020 prospect viewed as the country’s No. 1-ranked receiver in that class.

“He was just here,” Fleming shared with Lettermen Row on Thursday afternoon. “It went well. He’s a great guy with a lot of knowledge and he knows how to make it to the NFL. We have developed a great relationship. His message is pretty similar to other coaches, it’s just ‘stay humble, work hard.'”

Fleming, 6-foot-2 and 205-pounds, is a star at Catawissa (Pa.) Southern Columbia High School, is predicted by every single “crystal ball” on the 247Sports.com network to pick Penn State for college. He says that while he’s familiar with Penn State, he believes most of that assumption is just based on how close they are to home for him but that he’s not really dialed in that much on any specific school at the moment.

“I mean people just assume [Penn State] because I’ve been there,” Fleming said. “It’s just close to home. Ultimately, it’s gonna be where I can get most developed and hopefully make a career out of football.”

If Ohio State wants to have a chance to pluck Fleming out of Nittany Lion country, they’ll need to get him as familiar and comfortable in Columbus as he is in State College. He’s visited the Buckeyes just once, in June, but has been planning to return and Hartline’s development of Ohio State’s receivers are a key part of that.

“He’s doing great,” he said when asked his opinion on the Buckeyes wideouts. “The wide receivers are making great plays every week they have some studs.”

So to get comfortable in Columbus, Fleming is expecting to be at Ohio State for the late November slugfest against Michigan. He says there’s a chance he could be there sooner than that, though.

“I’ll know by next Monday,” he said. “But I think I might be there next week, too. I don’t need to see much [specifically about the school, I just wanna see a game and feel the atmosphere.”

speaking of Julian.. at Southern-Danville game tonight. first chance for me to see him in person. during warmups his athleticism jumps out immediately, and catching many of his practice throws one handed like it’s second nature. should be fun to watch....but, go Ironmen!

Reactions: Ranger Dan
speaking of Julian.. at Southern-Danville game tonight. first chance for me to see him in person. during warmups his athleticism jumps out immediately, and catching many of his practice throws one handed like it’s second nature. should be fun to watch....but, go Ironmen!

I was at game too. He’s ridiculously good for our area.

Staff must like him a lot. Not much of an offer list - Pitt, Duke, Toledo.

I hope the staff knows what they are doing and not getting desperate. Just kidding. Sounds like he is talking with Michigan and MSU, has a ND visit lined up, picked up a Wisconsin offer several weeks ago. Looks young. Would think his list will quickly grow over the Winter.

I may be alone in this opinion, but I haven't felt convinced at all that Fleming will end up at Penn State (though I'll be quite happy to find out I'm wrong!). If he's solid, why all the "go Bucks" (and others) comments? Unless he's doing some serious trolling, I just don't get it. When you're as highly rated as he is, why not declare your intentions early and start recruiting to get as good a recruiting class as possible around you?

Full disclosure: I'm an old guy...

I may be alone in this opinion, but I haven't felt convinced at all that Fleming will end up at Penn State (though I'll be quite happy to find out I'm wrong!). If he's solid, why all the "go Bucks" (and others) comments? Unless he's doing some serious trolling, I just don't get it. When you're as highly rated as he is, why not declare your intentions early and start recruiting to get as good a recruiting class as possible around you?

If you're reading the tea leaves via Fleming's Twitter and Instagram, it seems that Ohio State is the favorite. Of course, it was his most recent visit. And he seemed to be all-in a few weeks ago when Penn State hosted him for the Ohio State game. So, who knows? Micah Parsons seemed like a lock for tOSU last September, and we know how that turned out. You can learn a lot (but not all) from social media.

If you're reading the tea leaves via Fleming's Twitter and Instagram, it seems that Ohio State is the favorite. Of course, it was his most recent visit. And he seemed to be all-in a few weeks ago when Penn State hosted him for the Ohio State game. So, who knows? Micah Parsons seemed like a lock for tOSU last September, and we know how that turned out. You can learn a lot (but not all) from social media.

Nope. He’s all PSU.

Reactions: artsandletters

I kinda feel the same way, and cringe every time I see an article or tweet about Fleming and tOSU. Then I think about Parsons and realize that many young recruits really enjoy the recruiting process. I’ll keep my fingers crossed, but would prefer it ends sooner rather than later.

Perhaps he's been watching the PSU offense this year and doesn't want to risk it. Best to wait and see if next year they get it cleaned up, if they don't, he's out. Just one reason why he may take his time, not to mention if Urban leaves OSU. Why rush it?

Just so you know...
I am blessed (insert praying hands here) to receive an offer from THE OSU! The Shoe is so exciting when filled with all those wife beater shirts it is quite a spectacle. Go Bucks (It's hunting season). Praise God (insert sunrise gif here) that I met the immortal (insert 9 live cats here) Urban 'legend' Myers.

Now, I'm quietly off to visit LSU where I will tweet superlatives about their great history of being a point scoring machine.

Eleven Warriors

Talking about visitors for Michigan

In 2020, Southern Columbia five-star receiver Julian Fleming and St. John's five-star linebacker Mekhail Sherman are to be expected. Sherman's teammates, four-star receiver Rakim Jarrett and four-star defensive tackle Tre Williams, will accompany him. Those three will be joined by Ferndale (Wa.) guard Geirean Hatchett, Dublin Coffman all-purpose back Michael Drennen II, Oak Park (Mich.) receiver Maliq Carr, Bay City (Mich.) receiver Devell Washington, Sandy Creek (Ga.) safetyBrian Branch and Trotwood-Madison cornerback Sammy Anderson.

Eleven Warriors

Talking about visitors for Michigan

In 2020, Southern Columbia five-star receiver Julian Fleming and St. John's five-star linebacker Mekhail Sherman are to be expected. Sherman's teammates, four-star receiver Rakim Jarrett and four-star defensive tackle Tre Williams, will accompany him. Those three will be joined by Ferndale (Wa.) guard Geirean Hatchett, Dublin Coffman all-purpose back Michael Drennen II, Oak Park (Mich.) receiver Maliq Carr, Bay City (Mich.) receiver Devell Washington, Sandy Creek (Ga.) safetyBrian Branch and Trotwood-Madison cornerback Sammy Anderson.
I don't doubt Fleming's interest in the Buckeyes, but his team Southern Columbia is scheduled for a 1:00 PM Saturday 11/24 playoff game vs undefeated York Catholic.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT