ADVERTISEMENT

2020 Recruiting Class Thread

$ article

NO. 1 DE IN '20 HAS PENN STATE HIGH ON LIST AFTER VISIT

Five-star Chris Braswell looking at next 'White Out' visit.

Reactions: NedFromYork

1ea_rec_plpsu_99.jpeg

1 / 74
JOE HERMITT

Penn State 5* recruit Julian Fleming visits for the Whiteout against Ohio State on Sept. 29, 2018. Joe Hermitt | jhermitt@pennlive.com

2c5_rec_plpsu_147.jpeg

6 / 74
JOE HERMITT

Penn State 5* recruit Arik Gilbert visits with James Franklin befor the Whiteout against Ohio State on Sept. 29, 2018

48e_rec_plpsu_142.jpeg

23 / 74
JOE HERMITT

Penn State 5* recruit Chris Braswell visits with 2head coach James Franklin for the Whiteout against Ohio State on Sept. 29, 2018.

Reactions: NedFromYork
Re posting "final" 2020 list in here. I say final because I doubt I'll find anymore to add free, but I think I am still missing some. Don't know if the 5* I'm missing is '20 or '21.

2020: 5* DL Bresee, 5* WR Fleming, 5* DE Braswell, 5* LB Sampah, 4* ATH Berger, 4* S Paige, 4* DE Mostella, 4* DE Henry, 4* OT Carmody, 4* DE Diggs, 4* DE Izzard, 4* OLB Wingo, 4* S/WR Lambert, 4* S Meredith, 5* RB Tyree, 4* DE Clowney, 4* S Toles, 3* G Achumba, 4* RB Murphy, 4* OT Parks, 4* DT Bailey, 4* DT Brevard, 5* ATH Gilbert, 4* CB Moten

EDIT: LOL so much for final. Missed Anton Harrison 4* OT. And 4* ATH Jacobs.

Last edited:
Re posting "final" 2020 list in here. I say final because I doubt I'll find anymore to add free, but I think I am still missing some. Don't know if the 5* I'm missing is '20 or '21.

2020: 5* DL Bresee, 5* WR Fleming, 5* DE Braswell, 5* LB Sampah, 4* ATH Berger, 4* S Paige, 4* DE Mostella, 4* DE Henry, 4* OT Carmody, 4* DE Diggs, 4* DE Izzard, 4* OLB Wingo, 4* S/WR Lambert, 4* S Meredith, 5* RB Tyree, 4* DE Clowney, 4* S Toles, 3* G Achumba, 4* RB Murphy, 4* OT Parks, 4* DT Bailey, 4* DT Brevard, 5* ATH Gilbert, 4* CB Moten

That is just an insane visit list for a single game from a single year group. Half a dozen 2020 5 stars? That's 20% of all 5 stars in the nation on hand. The #1, 6, 9, 19, 21, and 23 overall 2020 recruits according 247. Just crazy.

Lloyd? Not sure, but saw that someone had speculated before the game about that possibility...

Reactions: TheGLOV
Lloyd? Not sure, but saw that someone had speculated before the game about that possibility...
All his DeMatha teammates were there. I don't see him in the pictures. From the free ways of telling, it doesn't look like he was mentioned as being there on 247. Maybe someone needs to check the gigapixel, lol.

1ea_rec_plpsu_99.jpeg

1 / 74
JOE HERMITT

Penn State 5* recruit Julian Fleming visits for the Whiteout against Ohio State on Sept. 29, 2018. Joe Hermitt | jhermitt@pennlive.com

2c5_rec_plpsu_147.jpeg

6 / 74
JOE HERMITT

Penn State 5* recruit Arik Gilbert visits with James Franklin befor the Whiteout against Ohio State on Sept. 29, 2018

48e_rec_plpsu_142.jpeg

23 / 74
JOE HERMITT

Penn State 5* recruit Chris Braswell visits with 2head coach James Franklin for the Whiteout against Ohio State on Sept. 29, 2018.

So I guess it was Braswell and the other St Francis guys who decided to wear black to the White Out and high five Haskins after the game...

We just need 1 or 2 leaders to step up, commit, and be the leaders of this class, and then start the "you know what to do..." tweets to the guys they have bonded with at the White Out and that are getting ready to decide!!!!

Last edited:
We just need 1 or 2 leaders to step up and be the leaders of this class, and then start the "you know what to do..." tweets to the guys they have bonded with at the White Out and that are getting ready to decide!!!!

That was/is one of my biggest hopes from the Whiteout....there is so much talent out there in 2020. I'd love for a really good player to commit and get the ball rolling!

Reactions: Ranger Dan
“The atmosphere was crazy at Penn State,” he said. “Like nothing I’ve ever seen before, and I loved everything about it.”

On here elsewhere, but lets get it in the recruiting thread and on the record...

Alabama player

Notre Dame couldn't compete with recruiting turnout or TV ratings.

http://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2018/10/osu-penn-state-ratings-abc-college-football/

Last Saturday’s Ohio State-Penn State college football game scored a 5.3 rating and 9.14 million viewers on ABC, up 96% in ratings and 98% in viewership form last year (Clemson-VT: 2.7, 4.61M). The game peaked with 12.54 million viewers, ranks as the highest rated and most-watched game of the season. Head-to-head, Ohio State-Penn State cruised past the night’s other top ten matchup, Stanford-Notre Dame on NBC (2.1, 3.44M).

Eleven Warriors

St. Thomas Aquinas (Fort Lauderdale, Fla.) Derek Wingo, a 2020 four-star linebacker was in Happy Valley last weekend to watch the Buckeyes' 27-26 win. According to 247Sports, the visit moved the Nittany Lions way up on his list.

Wingo talked with 247Sports' Bill Greene about the impact Penn State coach James Franklin had on him and the whiteout environment he experienced:

"I now see him a lot higher than a lot of the coaches I've met, and that's because of his character," Wingo said of Franklin. "He's very competitive and loves to win, and that is what I'm about. Hearing his press conference after the game where he said they've gotten comfortable being great reminded me of my head coach so much."

"I know the game was a tough loss for Penn State, but the atmosphere was like nothing I've ever seen before. They have set the bar very high now for any other school, and my dad feels the same way. I don't really have a top school, but this could end up being the school I go to."

penn-state-recruits-visit-for-indiana-game-sept-30-2017-f1499632ea9463e5.jpg
n40ux3aen2ezfjj6ckrq

https://247sports.com/Article/Elite...invitation-to-2020-Polynesian-Bowl-123129642/

Rakim Jarrett

The No. 6 receiver in the industry-generated 247Sports Composite

The 6-foot, 182-pound Jarrett is one of the top playmakers in the 2020 class, and his recruitment shows how coveted he is by many of the elite schools.

His combination of speed, precision route running and quickness make him an exciting game breaker. His recruitment is open, but he admits there are a few schools he is talking to the most.

“Alabama, Auburn, LSU, Ohio State, Michigan and Penn State,” he said. “I’ve kind of focused on my season so (recruiting) is not overwhelming.”

Jarrett added he is trying to visit Penn State for this weekend’s game against Michigan State, but his plans are not yet definitive.

penn-state-recruits-visit-for-indiana-game-sept-30-2017-f1499632ea9463e5.jpg
n40ux3aen2ezfjj6ckrq

https://247sports.com/Article/Elite...invitation-to-2020-Polynesian-Bowl-123129642/

Rakim Jarrett

The No. 6 receiver in the industry-generated 247Sports Composite

The 6-foot, 182-pound Jarrett is one of the top playmakers in the 2020 class, and his recruitment shows how coveted he is by many of the elite schools.

His combination of speed, precision route running and quickness make him an exciting game breaker. His recruitment is open, but he admits there are a few schools he is talking to the most.

“Alabama, Auburn, LSU, Ohio State, Michigan and Penn State,” he said. “I’ve kind of focused on my season so (recruiting) is not overwhelming.”

Jarrett added he is trying to visit Penn State for this weekend’s game against Michigan State, but his plans are not yet definitive.

7502912.jpg

Rakim Jarrett
4-Star

• POS WR
  • HEIGHT 6-0
  • WEIGHT 182
Prospect Info
  • HIGH SCHOOL St. John's College HS
  • HOME TOWN Washington, DC
  • CLASS 2020

247Sports Composite®

NATL
WR
DC

I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express, and heere is what I hear concerning Julian Fleming. Wants to do basketball and track this year, football in the fall, and basketball until January. That would get him 1,000 points, which is something he wants. Then graduate and enroll at PSU for spring. Personally, hope his grades allow that,that’s what I was told by someone close to the Southern Colunbia program.

been waiting for this to become public ... have a contact at the school

says Aaron is a great kid, good student who has really had a break out year on the field
Aaron is a big kid. 6’6” 235 lbs. Fair offer list so far - Baylor, WVU are a few. Jersey boy from Williamstown, a place that was all farms when I was a kid. So was Cherry Hill for the most part but back then Cherry Hill was Delaware Twp.

while this Floridian has verballed to Da U, in recent days he's receivers offers from FSU, tOSU, and PSU.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT