ADVERTISEMENT

2020-21 Sixers Thread

I see what you’re saying, try to trade picks and Hield for someone else. That might work out, but standing pat with Hield and the draft picks would be a loss, which was my original point. I did not consider the possibility you introduced. (Neither did the article, IIRC.)
Morey is the first “grown up” leading this franchise in years. He knows what he’s doing.

Reactions: LionJim
Forcing a trade with Simmons if it's some discount bargain stuff isnt worth it. It might not be a bad idea to let him go hawg wild in the regular season gliding by people and making all NBA defense then swap him b4 deadline

The Drummond signing is weird. Something is brewing, probably involving Simmons, and it could involve several players I suspect including perhaps some of the new ones. This could be wishful thinking because now with Drummond replacing Howard the lineup and his issues from the past with Embid, I can’t see this working.

The Drummond signing is weird. Something is brewing, probably involving Simmons, and it could involve several players I suspect including perhaps some of the new ones. This could be wishful thinking because now with Drummond replacing Howard the lineup and his issues from the past with Embid, I can’t see this working.

This stuff??:

That said, I think they'll have no problem being teammates. The Sixers need a decent backup center. Howard was a bit of a nut, but he did a nice job spelling JoJo, or starting when he was out, especially on the boards. The Sixers drafted two bigs in the 2nd round, but the 1st one is likely to stay overseas for a few years, and the other one is not ready to carry the load when JoJo is is out.

I feel like the last trade has real possibility. The fact the Sixers and Warriors are keeping lines open makes me think this could be the final results. Portland seems to be a mess and this gives them a chance to reboot. Interested to see what happens when Dame gets back from Tokyo. Could also be why Morey had the cost so high for Simmons pre draft. If someone wants to bite on that before Dame fine. If not he’ll wait for Dame. I think Morey knows this is his second chance at a Harden type move and he doesn’t miss this time. Plus they hired his old trainer…maybe something there?? Fingers crossed!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT