ADVERTISEMENT

2019 Recruiting Class Thread

Xavier Truss committed to UGA. Pretty spontaneous and surprising.
So much for the 2 dozen crystal balls.

Georgia recruiting has been insanely good the last few years. 3rd in 2017, 1st in 2018, 5th at this point for 2019.

Interesting that two (what seemed to be) heavy PSU leans committed elsewhere totally out of the blue, without any crystal balls or anything (Truss and White). Wonder if anything like that will happen in our favor this year? I don’t recall a situation like that since Derrick Pitts committed, then he went to WVU anyway

Interesting that two (what seemed to be) heavy PSU leans committed elsewhere totally out of the blue, without any crystal balls or anything (Truss and White). Wonder if anything like that will happen in our favor this year? I don’t recall a situation like that since Derrick Pitts committed, then he went to WVU anyway
And both to SEC schools.... hmmm.

Reactions: TheGLOV
Billingsley’s dad took a picture with a Feista Bowl ring, too. Bama’s title ring might be more impressive, though.

Xavier Truss committed to UGA. Pretty spontaneous and surprising.

Must have liked what he saw down South last week on his visits to AU, Alabama, and UGA and saw himself in the SEC.

He's a raw talent.

I wish him well.

$EC

He may see the field as often as Sterling Jenkins.

Georgia recruiting has been insanely good the last few years. 3rd in 2017, 1st in 2018, 5th at this point for 2019.

It probably hurts our classes final rankings more than it will ever hurt on the field. We got two bookend tackles last year and are in good with a few next year. Moore is probably more of a football player right now and he can play inside and out. I'd be fine with him Wormley and Wallace in this class.

Off topic, but 3-star WR commits to OSU. Rated the No. 72 WR in the nation according to 247.
OSU didn't recruit him as a WR; they intend to play him on defense. Still growing and they measured him at 6-4, 212 at camp. Ran a 10.58 100 meters this spring at that size. Also one of the top basketball players in the state.

They think he projects as a LB and could play at 235-240 once he concentrates on strength training.

It probably hurts our classes final rankings more than it will ever hurt on the field. We got two bookend tackles last year and are in good with a few next year. Moore is probably more of a football player right now and he can play inside and out. I'd be fine with him Wormley and Wallace in this class.

Fingers crossed for Wormley. He and Wallace will be road-graders on the interior.

Reactions: TheGLOV and bmw199
Current most likely uncommitted prospects with Penn State offer to keep an eye on:

QB
Michael Johnson Jr. from Oregon

RB
Noah Cain from Texas (playing HS football in Florida)
Eric Gray from Tennessee

WR
John Dunmore from Florida
John Metchie from Ontario (playing HS football in Maryland)
David Bell from Indiana

TE
Jahleel Billingsley from Illinois

OL
Saleem Wormley from Delaware
Jakai Moore from Virginia
Trevor Keegan from Illinois
Anthony Whigan from Maryland (JuCo)

Safety
Lewis Cine from Massachusetts (playing HS football in Texas)

LB
Lance Dixon from Michigan

DE
Adisa Issac from New York
Zach Harrison from Ohio
Derick Hunter from Florida
David Ojabo from New Jersey

DT
Mazi Smith from Michigan
Rodas Johnson from Ohio
Steven Faucheux from Ohio
Ben Smiley from Virginia

Current most likely uncommitted prospects with Penn State offer to keep an eye on:

QB

RB
Eric Gray from Tennessee

WR
David Bell from Indiana

TE

OL

Safety

LB

DE
Zach Harrison from Ohio

DT
Mazi Smith from Michigan
Rodas Johnson from Ohio
Ben Smiley from Virginia
++DT Jared Harrison-Hunte from New York
++TE Isaiah Foskey from California

Getting an OV

7. ATH Tyrique Stevenson
High school: South Dade (Homestead)

Composite ranking: No. 8 athlete; No. 78 overall

Recruitment status: Uncommitted; contenders include Alabama, Clemson, Florida State, Miami, Michigan

Expected to play cornerback in college, Tyrique Stevenson is another recruit on this list who initially committed to Florida. He called the university “a dream school” upon his verbal pledge last April but a complete coaching staff change led him to back off that decision in December. Stevenson, a 6-foot, 190-pound talent, tallied 69 tackles and 4 interceptions as a junior, according to 247Sports.

Coming to Lasch Bash
noah-cain-jajuan-seider_aw0uk1.jpg

2. RB Noah Cain
High school: IMG Academy (Bradenton)

Composite ranking: No. 3 running back; No. 31 overall

Recruitment status: Uncommitted; contenders include LSU, Miami, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Texas

Noah Cain was previously recruited by Seider on behalf of Florida but it didn’t take long for their relationship to resurface at Penn State. Seider presented a Nittany Lions offer in person on Jan. 30. Cain, a Texas native who shares the IMG Academy backfield with top-ranked 2019 RB Trey Sanders

Reactions: ELDADDY

Georgia recruiting has been insanely good for a long long time.

Smart pushed them up a bit and he’s doing a great job (also partially UF losing their grip on the region), but it’s never really been a struggle there.

I’m with you. Losing that one felt (to a non-insider) like a blind slap. Gosh, Brings me back to worrying about possibly losing Odrick to GA, which seemed more likely at the time than this. That machine really seems to be firing right now.

Reactions: LaJolla Lion
Georgia recruiting has been insanely good for a long long time.

Smart pushed them up a bit and he’s doing a great job (also partially UF losing their grip on the region), but it’s never really been a struggle there.

I’m with you. Losing that one felt (to a non-insider) like a blind slap. Gosh, Brings me back to worrying about possibly losing Odrick to GA, which seemed more likely at the time than this. That machine really seems to be firing right now.
Makes 3 of us. I remember several years back being worried every time a recruit would commit and thinking in a way "Oh god when is he going to decommit", now when we miss on a recruit, I just think "Ok, who's the next 4 star next on our board". Kind of arrogant, and unfair, but from a fan perspective but that's pretty much where PSU is at at this point in time with recruiting.

Reactions: anon_1eeb2b426hv3y
Coming to Lasch Bash
noah-cain-jajuan-seider_aw0uk1.jpg

2. RB Noah Cain
High school: IMG Academy (Bradenton)

Composite ranking: No. 3 running back; No. 31 overall

Recruitment status: Uncommitted; contenders include LSU, Miami, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Texas

Noah Cain was previously recruited by Seider on behalf of Florida but it didn’t take long for their relationship to resurface at Penn State. Seider presented a Nittany Lions offer in person on Jan. 30. Cain, a Texas native who shares the IMG Academy backfield with top-ranked 2019 RB Trey Sanders

While I don't think we end up landing this kid, it's been a phenomenal job by the staff (Seider) getting this kid on campus multiple times.

QB

RB
Eric Gray from Tennessee

WR
David Bell from Indiana

TE

OL

Safety

LB

DE
Zach Harrison from Ohio

DT
Mazi Smith from Michigan
Rodas Johnson from Ohio
Ben Smiley from Virginia

Nick Cross? Do we have a good shot?

Bunch of CBs for Metchie to Tamu in the last day. So something has happened?

WR
David Bell from Indiana

Yeah, it’s Alabama. He just officialed there, and it looks like Brian Dohn did the post-visit interview and put in a CB to Alabama. Others followed suit from there, though Fitz still has it on Penn State.
Unless it occurs a few weeks out, it will be Bama. Fitz sometimes doesn't always update his CB's but makes his feelings known.

Reactions: TheGLOV
Yeah, it’s Alabama. He just officialed there, and it looks like Brian Dohn did the post-visit interview and put in a CB to Alabama. Others followed suit from there, though Fitz still has it on Penn State.

Wiltfong CBed Metchie to Alabama about a month ago.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT