ADVERTISEMENT

2019 Recruiting Class Thread

Good news. 247 ranked PSU #3 overall in their team recruiting rankings, ESPN and Rivals dragged PSU all the way down to #13 on the composite. Hope 247 starts to emphasize their own rankings instead of the composite going forward.

247 doesn't have an ego like Farrel running it to be honest. We've seen him actually tweet out telling kids to DM him if they want to be recognized. Rivals doesn't trust game film or their own eyes at games so you have to go to their camps. It's a bit of a joke IMO what they do.

Reactions: bmw199 and TheGLOV
247 doesn't have an ego like Farrel running it to be honest. We've seen him actually tweet out telling kids to DM him if they want to be recognized. Rivals doesn't trust game film or their own eyes at games so you have to go to their camps. It's a bit of a joke IMO what they do.

Back when Farrell was the beat reporter for the BC Rivals site, we used to go back and forth with him all the time talking shit about Penn State. Maybe he gets run over by a bus, you never know. He has way too much power at Rivals.

Reactions: TheGLOV

Back when Farrell was the beat reporter for the BC Rivals site, we used to go back and forth with him all the time talking shit about Penn State. Maybe he gets run over by a bus, you never know. He has way too much power at Rivals.
Does anyone doubt other incentives to go to his camps?

Reactions: TheGLOV
My longtime friend and source at Southern Columbia that I've known for 30+ years indicates to me that Julian Fleming [6-3, 210] is a strong Penn St lean. He also told me that Fleming has the best feet he's seen out of a Columbia County prospect since Ricco Rosini ran for over 6,000 yards and 85 TDs for Southern Columbia in the late 90s.

Joe Paterno offered Rosini a preffered walk-on spot at Penn State on the strength of his mother's pasta puttanesca but Rosini chose to play at Bucknell instead.

Rosini actually played against current Penn St OC Ricky Rahne in a game in 2000. Rahne was the starting QB at Cornell while Rosini was a reserve ST player at Bucknell. Look for Rahne to use his relation with the Southern Columbia legend to cement Penn State's status with Fleming.

My longtime friend and source at Southern Columbia that I've known for 30+ years indicates to me that Julian Fleming [6-3, 210] is a strong Penn St lean. He also told me that Fleming has the best feet he's seen out of a Columbia County prospect since Ricco Rosini ran for over 6,000 yards and 85 TDs for Southern Columbia in the late 90s.

Joe Paterno offered Rosini a preffered walk-on spot at Penn State on the strength of his mother's pasta puttanesca but Rosini chose to play at Bucknell instead.

Rosini actually played against current Penn St OC Ricky Rahne in a game in 2000. Rahne was the starting QB at Cornell while Rosini was a reserve ST player at Bucknell. Look for Rahne to use his relation with the Southern Columbia legend to cement Penn State's status with Fleming.
This is incredible. Well done.

Was Rosini the Bragalone of his day?

VvfCVQZ.gif

Following this thread reassures my lack of interest in Twitter and most other social media concerning our recruits or current team members. The drama is better avoided IMHO.

I'm interested in watching them play the game and be good team members. They certainly have every right to post any and all information they choose about any subject as I do. I have the right not to peruse the vast social media minefields and their contributions to it. My BP has remained lower when I avoid network/cable news and other than the Wrestling Match last Friday night I've managed to promote a level playing field within my circulatory systems pressure constraints.

To each his own. Had everything I said and did in my formative years been publicly broadcast I'd be embarrassed now. Fortunately, I didn't have the temptation of social media and the peer influence to use it freely in my youth.

Best wishes to continued health and increased athletic prowess in the coming year to all PSU team members and to those who chose other options. Life is too short to bemoan different opinions and choices of educational and athletic options to the physically gifted among us. I believe the vast majority actually have a lot of fun viewing the different teams compete and fight the good fight to victory.

I did the same. Weird enough to follow celebrities, authors, etc., but I'm at an age where all the things our players and prospects are tweeting and re-tweeting stick out like a sore thumb in my feed. I unfollowed all current and prospective players and only kept Fitz and the official Penn State stuff (and Barstool - that's hilarious).

Reactions: TheGLOV and LionJim
ADVERTISEMENT