ADVERTISEMENT

2019 Recruiting Class Thread

Who is our most realistic next guy at WR in this class? Would love to have a legitimate shot at Dunmore or Bell! I know we were on Metchie for a while, but if we have to pick one guy this class, I wouldn't mind if it was an explosive 6'2'' playmaker!

Reactions: TheGLOV
Who is our most realistic next guy at WR in this class? Would love to have a legitimate shot at Dunmore or Bell! I know we were on Metchie for a while, but if we have to pick one guy this class, I wouldn't mind if it was an explosive 6'2'' playmaker!

Some talk that Dunmore is going to verbal at the end of June and PSU is the perceived leader.

hqdefault.jpg

Things could break our way on the field this season - I felt we were a little unlucky at certain points last season.

That is a good thing because I think our W/L record vs OSU and the Michigan schools will have an even bigger weight than normal on recruiting this year. Some of these "unlikely" recruits outside our traditional strongholds like Dunmore, Cain etc. (and even folks like Harrison) will look at us a whole lot differently if we can beat UM twice in a row and OSU 2 out of three years.

Penn State makes the cut for Jakai Moore and David Ojabo:

Jakai Moore Top 7: PSU, Miami, Ohio State, Clemson, VT, UNC, S. Carolina

David Ojabo Top 15: PSU, UVA, Nebraska, Rutgers, BC, Cuse, Ohio State, Mich, Cal, Clemson, ND, Duke, Harvard, Penn, Texas A&M

I think this is one kid who ends up at PSU. Even if he verbals to Bama I like our chances. The Canadian Connection we have going is huge.
Considering he said he likes the players and the business like approach of the program, I think you will be disappointed. Seems like he wants to focus on football and believes Bama is the place to do it. Hard to argue with that. He may very well respond better to that pitch than the all around focus of Franklin's pitch.

Should I be having a meltdown? We haven't gotten a verbal in a little while, and there is a lot of talk about prized recruits going elsewhere. Maybe a certain someone in Happy Valley needs a little firing? Maybe the temperature needs to be turned up on someone's seat?

:eek:

Should I be having a meltdown? We haven't gotten a verbal in a little while, and there is a lot of talk about prized recruits going elsewhere. Maybe a certain someone in Happy Valley needs a little firing? Maybe the temperature needs to be turned up on someone's seat?

Franklin is no Nardooozi. 14 verbals in one day.

Go ahead, have a meltdown. Just make sure you send Barbour a large sum before you do.:eek:

Some of these "unlikely" recruits outside our traditional strongholds like Dunmore, Cain etc. (and even folks like Harrison) will look at us a whole lot differently

giphy.gif

We're probably the leader for both the guys you mentioned (Dunmore and Cain), no worse than Top 2 or 3, so I'm not sure how "differently" recruits like that will look at us based on the results of a few games.

giphy.gif

We're probably the leader for both the guys you mentioned (Dunmore and Cain), no worse than Top 2 or 3, so I'm not sure how "differently" recruits like that will look at us based on the results of a few games.
Curious where you are hearing that on Dunmore. Everything I have seen is he is a strong FSU lean right now.

Curious where you are hearing that on Dunmore. Everything I have seen is he is a strong FSU lean right now.

I once asked the same question regarding Ford and his recruitment. Sadly, I got no response from the Judge. Everything I had read about Ford to PSU was positive. Judge kept posting info showing the opposite feel.

I am just saying. Happy we landed Ford.

Last edited:
There were certainly several games in 2015 that Hack was playing very poorly in and I was very very surprised that Trace wasn’t given a series or two by Franklin to perhaps jump-start the team.

Easy to look back.....
Franklin did not want a Qb controversy . Even at the time Mc Sorely would have outplayed him

Reactions: Judge Smails
'Why to I waste my time on these threads where people don't seem to have learned a thing from the past recruiting seasons.... let's see, last year alone, we lost Micah Parsons and Jahan Dotson.... oh, no we didn't...and Tyreke was a commit, oh, no he wasn't. However, every other program goes through the same thing.... yet.... the posts just keep on coming just as lame as ever and obviously from way too many posters who have a zero learning curve.

'Why to I waste my time on these threads where people don't seem to have learned a thing from the past recruiting seasons.... let's see, last year alone, we lost Micah Parsons and Jahan Dotson.... oh, no we didn't...and Tyreke was a commit, oh, no he wasn't. However, every other program goes through the same thing.... yet.... the posts just keep on coming just as lame as ever and obviously from way too many posters who have a zero learning curve.
So don’t read these threads. You obviously cannot fathom kids changing their minds, so just show up on LOI. It’s clear to many here recruiting is very fluid, but apparently you get upset by that. Just wait til they are signed.

Jakai Moore will be on campus today. Not sure if this had been planned before Truss committed or not. But a much more important target with Truss off the board.

Is he even at the top of PSU’s board ahead of Harrison, Hunter, Hunte, Smith, Isaac, etc...
It was my impression the staff loved his raw athleticism. While we are in on Harrison and Smith, both will be difficult to get out of their home states. Isaac is also kind of raw.
He was there yesterday for camp. Sounds like he still has other visits planned.
True, it is not over.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT