ADVERTISEMENT

2019 NCAAs -- Session 3 Thread

Really was hoping Chance made the semis. Wick is just too tall for him and pins him another cradle.

Reactions: nerfstate
You can't blame VJ for that nonsense. I think I saw one shot from White and that was a counter to VJ. White was the definition of stalling.
Its unbelievable how much stalling has been called so far and White didnt get hit once? I saw Lewis get hit with a stall call in his match with Bull. It doesnt make much sense, but again it is just one of those calls that is up to the official. It is a shame we will never get consistency

Marinelli should wrestle Massa in the blood round tonight, wow. Likely Marsteller if he wins that just to make the consi semis. That’s tough

Has iowa ever lost a match where the other guys didnt "stall for 6 and a half mins" and pull it out at the end? Just curious seem to read this somewhere over and over again
Lewis wrestled the same strategy as White. Pretty much exactly the same. The only difference is that he won. White=Stalling. Lewis=not?

Reactions: countryHawk
Nickal will be on Mat 6

174 Quarterfinal: Hall vs. Taylor Lujan (Northern Iowa)

Per 1
Head in on a single, they scramble, and Hall gets the TD, 2-0. Lujan is pretty flat. Now he's to his butt, but Hall stays with him. Hall trying to tilt him on the edge, and they go OOB with 1:12 left. Lujan up and basically cut, 2-1. Lujan shoots, but basically backs out of it. End. RT @ 1:07 for Hall

Per 2
Lujan takes bottom. Again, Hall kind of flattens him. Lujan works out and he's out, 2-2. RT @ 1:41 for Hall. Lujan reaches, nothing. Lujan in on a single, Hall grabs an ankle, they scramble, and the period ends. RT @ 1:41 for Hall

Per 3
Hall takes bottom. Lujan throws in a boot. Hall trying to hip over him, and Hall with the reversal, 4-2. Hall drives him OOB with 59 sec. Lujan to his feet,tripped back down, works up, and is out with 22 sec left, 4-3. Stoppage for ?? End. With 1:59 in RT, it's a 5-3 decision!

Mehki was enganged in ties and rode marinelli for near a minute isiah didnt come within reach of cenzo...also we have watched white do thier over and over and over again...lewis defense was just superior to marinellis finishing he was in on single 3 or 4 timesand got stone hipped by lewis multiple times

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT