ADVERTISEMENT

2018 NCAAs -- Session 6 Thread

Yeah, Bo was pretty fired up afterward. And who can blame him?

And tOSU needed more (and better) friends.
At the end of the day Ohio State needed friends and Penn State just took it upon themselves to rip it out of the Buckeyes' hands.

I guess depending on other guys to win the battle for them is just not the way Penn State wanted to handle it.

I'm not even clear how Nickal turned Martin while being on his own back. Did he have his arm from underneath. Or was it some flat back gator baiter thing? I need to see the replay. Can anyone explain or clarify.
The interview said it all. He said he knew what he was doing and has been doing it since he was six. He was calm and deliberate.

Reactions: diggerpup and garw
What an incredible final. 4/5. Mark Hall was out there celebrating with Bo. What a teammate!

Nickel put an exclamation point on this title! Cenzo has beaten iMar twice in the finals. Nobody thought he could do that. What an incredible night!

Now that Nevills and Rasheed both lost, yes it's over.

OSU up by 15 points and their max points is fifty (yes, not an error....50!) above ours. Unless they go 0-fer tonight it is safe to say we can't catch them.

x86uj.jpg

HOLY! Never seen Cael react like that!!! And how about Bo's recruiting video on ESPN there at the end. :D:D:D
Besides 2011 this is the most satisfying. Suriano transfers, Ohio state brings in 2 excellent transfers, Nolf gets hurt and we get to listen to Ryan anoint themselves favorites and take pot shots at PSU. No wonder Carl was emotional.

Guys and gals, keep in mind - PSU just defeated a really deep, balanced, and talented tOSU team that put PSU squarely in their crosshairs.

Think about it. The BuckNuts had:

8 AAs
1 champ
1 runner-up
2 3rd placers
2 4th placers
1 5th placer
1 6th placer
134.5 team points

That is a damn good team that is good enough to win most every year, but PSU came out on top. This despite the Jersey Kid transfer, which totally screwed PSU at 125, and the transfer of Joey McKenna to tOSU, which filled a big hole for them with a 3rd place finisher. Those two transfers nearly put tOSU on top, but it wasn't enough.

Just step back and think about that for a moment. Truly impressive performance by PSU.

Last edited:
Eff - my recording got wonky just as Bo won and I can’t replay it. Fortunately ESPn replaying in early morning.

My recording of the 2nd rd got wiped too. Sucks

Man I’m so excited right now and that adrenaline rush after pinning someone in that manner takes me back wow 35 years when i felt that. Seems like yesterday. Their is nothing like it. Oh wait a hole in one is the same feeling!!

Reactions: diggerpup
Hey wait, from the sound of the TV in the next room there is still wrestling going on!? I said on Wednesday, Nickal-Martin was the match to end with, and I'm no Nostradamus. Dumb call NCAA/ESPN.

Correct. The ESPN guys have been pimping the 285 lb match so much that, once the team race was over, the ESPN clown totally forgot about the 197 lb match. An unintentional but rather glaring and dismissive omission.

Hence why they should have started at 197. Could you imagine Bo pinning Martin in the final to clinch the team title?!?

"I've been practicing that move since I was 6" is now officially my favorite quote and I think I'll make it my catch phrase. I'm going to drop that here and there like you've never seen in the coming months.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT