ADVERTISEMENT

2018-19 Sixers Thread

Final is 127-124, Nets. The Sixers, behind frantic D and Shamet's 3s, made it interesting at the end.

Also, I forgot that Muscala was also out for the game.

Raise your hand if you knew much about Spencer Dinwiddie of the Nets (I certainly didn't know much about him). He came off the bench to score 39 in their overtime win.

After looking up his profile, I found he is a 4th year player drafted in the 2nd round out of Colorado. Goes to show you just how many talented players there are in the NBA who can get hot and affect a game.

Raise your hand if you knew much about Spencer Dinwiddie of the Nets (I certainly didn't know much about him). He came off the bench to score 39 in their overtime win.

After looking up his profile, I found he is a 4th year player drafted in the 2nd round out of Colorado. Goes to show you just how many talented players there are in the NBA who can get hot and affect a game.

I just know he eats the Sixers for lunch every time they play.....

Reactions: royboy
Redick is shooting 35% from 3 so far this season. Below the NBA average. Wonder if he is starting to hit the wall at age 34? His defense isn't helping things either.

Redick is shooting 35% from 3 so far this season. Below the NBA average. Wonder if he is starting to hit the wall at age 34? His defense isn't helping things either.
Yeah, I think so, and it's not due to lack of preparation/conditioning. He works his tail off, but the legs aren't quite there any more.

He's playing over 32 minutes a game on the year; not the ideal way to use him.

Reactions: Delco Lion
I fear Brown is running this team into the ground. Reddick playing too many minutes. Embiid playing too many minutes. They finally sat Embiid last week because he had no legs and played so bad for a few games in a row, which shows how bad things got. Reddick is essentially there now. Brands has to go out and get some help for this team. Amir Johnson is done and they have to find a back-up wing that can sub in for Butler and hold the fort down. As the minutes Butler has to play with his intensity will just means he runs out of gas also by playoff time.

I fear Brown is running this team into the ground. Reddick playing too many minutes. Embiid playing too many minutes. They finally sat Embiid last week because he had no legs and played so bad for a few games in a row, which shows how bad things got. Reddick is essentially there now. Brands has to go out and get some help for this team. Amir Johnson is done and they have to find a back-up wing that can sub in for Butler and hold the fort down. As the minutes Butler has to play with his intensity will just means he runs out of gas also by playoff time.
Patience. This team is light years ahead of this time last year. They’ll make a move or two this month and probably look to add buy-out bench players later in the season.

Patience. This team is light years ahead of this time last year. They’ll make a move or two this month and probably look to add buy-out bench players later in the season.

i think the core of Simmons, Embiid, Butler is good and with some more playing time together will only get better. Reddick is a great piece of they can control/lower his minutes. Chandler is fine as a 3/4 flex player. That starting 5 can compete with anybody. but when the bench is Shamet, McConnel, Amir Johnson, Korkmaz, and Muscala...that is rough. Muscala can play is a nice 4/5 bench player. And I like McConnell's energy off the bench. And they should be able to get some expiring contract buy-outs like last year to improve at the 5 and wing. They just have to do it.

@Cletus11 -- this article answers your post. Butler was a great addition, but it cost the Sixers two starters for one. When injuries kick in (like last nite and the Sixers also had a player that had to play in the D league last nite), the lineup weaknesses are exposed.

@Cletus11 -- this article answers your post. Butler was a great addition, but it cost the Sixers two starters for one. When injuries kick in (like last nite and the Sixers also had a player that had to play in the D league last nite), the lineup weaknesses are exposed.

last night was just the nail meet head type moment. Everybody knew Shamet, Reddick and Korkmaz are all minus defenders. McConnel is short and can guard a point guard only. So with Butler out, Sixers had literally nobody that could defend and wing player that could get to the hole and it killed them. When Embiid is in, he can cover up some of that with his blocking ability in the lane. But as soon as Amir came it, it got real, real ugly.

i think the core of Simmons, Embiid, Butler is good and with some more playing time together will only get better. Reddick is a great piece of they can control/lower his minutes. Chandler is fine as a 3/4 flex player. That starting 5 can compete with anybody. but when the bench is Shamet, McConnel, Amir Johnson, Korkmaz, and Muscala...that is rough. Muscala can play is a nice 4/5 bench player. And I like McConnell's energy off the bench. And they should be able to get some expiring contract buy-outs like last year to improve at the 5 and wing. They just have to do it.

You're talking about 3 of the top 20 players in the league. Their core is one of the best, depth however, is a huge problem.

Yeah, I think so, and it's not due to lack of preparation/conditioning. He works his tail off, but the legs aren't quite there any more.

He's playing over 32 minutes a game on the year; not the ideal way to use him.

He'd be much more effective coming off the bench for 25 minutes, but they don't have a bench or enough good shooting guards.

Amir was a bad signing. I thought he'd be gone after last year. They could have used a better back up to Embiid than Amir.

we-talkin-bout-ca-mcast-practice-8015782.png

Reactions: bmw199 and LionJim
Sixers with their 3rd quarter meltdown AGAIN against the Cavaliers! didn't score a basket over 4 minutes and their typical shitty defense. They let mediocre players have career nights against them. Unreal!

Sixers with their 3rd quarter meltdown AGAIN against the Cavaliers! didn't score a basket over 4 minutes and their typical shitty defense. They let mediocre players have career nights against them. Unreal!
Shamet and Simmons with great games today. The bench played well, and the 76ers are now up by 17 with under 3 minutes left.

Shamet and Simmons with great games today. The bench played well, and the 76ers are now up by 17 with under 3 minutes left.
Yeah, Simmons had a great stat line

22 points on 9-15 shooting and 4-5 FT
11 rebounds
14 assists
0 turnovers

Very few guys in the league can produce a game like that

Simmons has made no improvements in 1 1/2 years of action and 2 1/2 years post college to develop an outside jumper. That is perplexing and will once again be a problem in the playoffs.

Yeah, Simmons had a great stat line

22 points on 9-15 shooting and 4-5 FT
11 rebounds
14 assists
0 turnovers

Very few guys in the league can produce a game like that
Cleveland plays crap defense. Worst in the league in blocked shots. Simmons still has issues when teams deny him the lane

Simmons has made no improvements in 1 1/2 years of action and 2 1/2 years post college to develop an outside jumper. That is perplexing and will once again be a problem in the playoffs.
He can’t shoot free throws either. They foul him intentionally to deny a basket, or at the end of a game to regain possession.

Last edited:
He can’t shoot free throws either. They foul him intentionally to deny a basket, or at the end of a game to regain possession.
I think he has improved from the line this year and is up to about 60% makes, which isn't bad for most of the NBA where FT shooting doesn't seem to be a priotiry. Look at Lebron who is the best player in the league who only shots 68% from the line. Simmons is improving albeit slower than some would like on his jump shot. I don't think he has even ever attempted a 3 point FG, which makes his stat line all the more incredible as teams layback and know he won't shoot and he still gets his way for the most part and he has incredible court vision and passing ability.

I don't think he has even ever attempted a 3 point FG, which makes his stat line all the more incredible as teams layback and know he won't shoot and he still gets his way for the most part and he has incredible court vision and passing ability.

He's not attempted a 3 pointer in the 30 games he's played this season. He attempted 11 3-pointers last year, but he did not hit any of them, so his percentage on made 3-pointers in NBA games sits at .000%

He's not attempted a 3 pointer in the 30 games he's played this season. He attempted 11 3-pointers last year, but he did not hit any of them, so his percentage on made 3-pointers in NBA games sits at .000%
No where to go but up!

Sixers going cold AGAIN in the 3rd against the Raptors. What is it with the 3rd quarter cold shooting? Unbelievable!

Tomorrow, Christmas Day @ 5:30 PM vs the Celtics.

Sixers are 4 point underdogs on the road. A true test for both teams.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT