ADVERTISEMENT

2018-19 Sixers Thread

giphy.gif

Reactions: Kmase21 and jrs1024
Reactions: bmw199
I'm trying to stay positive on the Fultz situation but I highly doubt that 3 to 6 weeks of physical therapy is going to fix his shooting problems . I hope I'm totally wrong but I just can't see it. Time will tell

"thoracic outlet syndrome" -- can't say I recognize the term, but maybe this is primarily a physical problem that can be treated successfully?

from the espn story linked above:
Fultz has lost the ability to carry out and follow through on long jump shots, and there's been internal and external debate about how much of this perplexing circumstance is physical vs. mental.

"People were saying it was a mental problem and it is not," Brothers told ESPN on Tuesday night. "There's no way you're the No. 1 pick in the world and all of a sudden you aren't able to consistently raise your arms to shoot a basketball. Something is physically wrong. Now we have the answer to that problem."

Thoracic outlet syndrome is a group of disorders that occur when blood vessels or nerves in the space between your collarbone and your first rib (thoracic outlet) are compressed. This can cause pain in your shoulders and neck and numbness in your fingers.Aug 27, 2016

Apparently this disease can last - lifetime and is sometimes cured surgically by removal of a rib. I seriously doubt that physical therapy is going to work but I am not medical professional or have knowledge of his diagnosis obviously. It just sounds like it could be a serious ailment with lots of complications.

Thoracic outlet syndrome is a group of disorders that occur when blood vessels or nerves in the space between your collarbone and your first rib (thoracic outlet) are compressed. This can cause pain in your shoulders and neck and numbness in your fingers.Aug 27, 2016

Apparently this disease can last - lifetime and is sometimes cured surgically by removal of a rib. I seriously doubt that physical therapy is going to work but I am not medical professional or have knowledge of his diagnosis obviously. It just sounds like it could be a serious ailment with lots of complications.
“Are compressed” bet that can happen when you fall off a BMX bike off a jump or into a tree.

Its a positive that some form of physical ailment was identified and that this wasnt all mental. Would think he has some trade value. Hopefully the Sixers can put something together with Phoenix.

Would be pretty amazing if the new diagnosis is correct and can Fultz be fixed in 4-6 weeks.

Reading about his condition, the issue with many people who suffer from it is getting it diagnosed correctly. Theoretically, if it is the right diagnosis, you can treat it and he can be back to 100%.

I remember people were just as pessimistic about Embiid ever being good because he was injured for 2 years. Greg Oden 2.0. All around me I see lack of patience. One of my pet peeves in following sports. If it doesn't happen right away, then burn everything down. Give the kid a chance. He worked his ass off over the summer, everyone said he's a great guy. He's been through hell on this, no doubt. Made a national laughing stock. I'm rooting for him.

Tough game against the Raptors 2nite. Sixers had a nice lead in the 1st quarter, but things went downhill from there. They rebounded nicely in the 3rd quarter, but had a tough 4th quarter. Final, 113 - 102.

Butler played well for the Sixers. Embiid and Simmons had off games.

Tough game against the Raptors 2nite. Sixers had a nice lead in the 1st quarter, but things went downhill from there. They rebounded nicely in the 3rd quarter, but had a tough 4th quarter. Final, 113 - 102.

Butler played well for the Sixers. Embiid and Simmons had off games.
Embid was terrible. Missed shots, turnovers and got schooled by a backup

Reactions: jmorovich
Embid was terrible. Missed shots, turnovers and got schooled by a backup

And the worst part of it all was that he just drifted out of the game mentally when things weren’t going his way.

Normal killers when they lose...turnovers. Can’t double up the other team and expect to win. Especially against the nba’s best team right now on their court.

They need a couple more pieces. They don't have enough depth. Their bench sucks. No big scoring threat. No defensive stud.

21 pts combined from Embiid, Simmons, and Chandler. Never going to beat Toronto with those stats.38 from Butler. He came to play. Sixers are still missing several pieces. Chandler is averaging less than 6pts per game. He should be on the second unit. Over the last three games, Embiid is shooting 34.1 percent and hasn't scored more than 16 points. The comment was made on a site last night that the workload may be too much for him.

Chandler isn't getting it done. I wasn't happy when they signed him and unfortunately I was correct. He's not what the Sixers need. Still need some more help for this team. Butler had another nice game last night along with JJ but our big 2 didn't contribute much in points last night.

21 pts combined from Embiid, Simmons, and Chandler. Never going to beat Toronto with those stats.38 from Butler. He came to play. Sixers are still missing several pieces. Chandler is averaging less than 6pts per game. He should be on the second unit. Over the last three games, Embiid is shooting 34.1 percent and hasn't scored more than 16 points. The comment was made on a site last night that the workload may be too much for him.
As good as the Sixers have become this year, it’s easy to forget how young they still are. The Raptors are a veteran squad. You saw that as the game played out last night. Simmons and Embiid will have off nights — sometimes at the same time. I saw a lot of positives in Toronto. In another six months, the roles could easily be reversed.

Reactions: LionJim
Nice comeback win for the good guys in Detroit tonight. They gutted things out while Embiid rested. The Butler trade continues to pay off as he scored 38 and helped carry them to the win. Muscala was clutch too dropping 18.

The Butler did it AGAIN! great game without Embiid playing. Sixers looked down and out of this one early. JJ and Ben also played well. Brand looking good on the Butler trade. Got to love this guy wearing the Sixers Jersey. I know I do.

The Butler did it AGAIN! great game without Embiid playing. Sixers looked down and out of this one early. JJ and Ben also played well. Brand looking good on the Butler trade. Got to love this guy wearing the Sixers Jersey. I know I do.
He absolutely destroys the 4th quarter. I can’t remember seeing a sixer consistently step up in the clutch like this.

Nice comeback win for the good guys in Detroit tonight. They gutted things out while Embiid rested. The Butler trade continues to pay off as he scored 38 and helped carry them to the win. Muscala was clutch too dropping 18.
I loved all the blocks on Drummond and Griffin by Muscala(Apparently White Guys CAN jump, LOL) and Simmons! Great defense by those guys...Simmons has a chance to be a real force on D and I think Jimmy Butler will help him immensely to get their.

Reactions: WestSideLion
"In the rumored three-way deal, Trevor Ariza and Shake Milton will go to the Lakers, Markelle Fultz will be joining the Suns, and the Sixers will acquire Kentavious Caldwell-Pope and a future first-round pick. Since Ariza and Caldwell-Pope just signed new contracts in the last offseason, the deal cannot be completed until December 15. However, if the trade proceeds, it will help the Lakers, Suns, and the Sixers in addressing some of the issues on their roster."

Thoughts??

"In the rumored three-way deal, Trevor Ariza and Shake Milton will go to the Lakers, Markelle Fultz will be joining the Suns, and the Sixers will acquire Kentavious Caldwell-Pope and a future first-round pick. Since Ariza and Caldwell-Pope just signed new contracts in the last offseason, the deal cannot be completed until December 15. However, if the trade proceeds, it will help the Lakers, Suns, and the Sixers in addressing some of the issues on their roster."

Thoughts??

I just don't see what the Suns get from doing this really. It's basically a shot in the dark that Fultz will come back better than ever. Also, isn't KCP a 2 guard and dont the Sixers have Shamet to play that position? Korkmaz can also play there if need be, along with the 3. I'd stick it out another year with Fultz to see if anything comes of it. He's still very, very young.

I'd stick with Fultz for one more year. The guy has talent if he gets his head on right. Pope is a waste.

Reactions: Kmase21
In addition to Fultz's medical issues, there are still concerns about his advisers, handlers, agent, fit on the court, and contract blocking pursuit of a FA max contract. Picking up KCP with an expiring contract, 1 first round draft pick, and clearing Fultz's contract may be a good thing.

Reactions: jmorovich
Sixers kryptonite, AKA The Brooklyn Nets up 10 with 5 left.

At least the Sixers are keeping their streak alive when it comes to letting totally irrelevant players have career games against them.

Sixers kryptonite, AKA The Brooklyn Nets up 10 with 5 left.

At least the Sixers are keeping their streak alive when it comes to letting totally irrelevant players have career games against them.

With Butler out due to the pulled groin, the Sixers shooting options are somewhat limited.

They really screwed up in the 3rd quarter, when they had the Nets in the bonus very early, and didn't take advantage of it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT