ADVERTISEMENT

2018-19 Sixers Thread

Sixers over Orlando, 114-106. Butler was huge down the stretch. Redick was pretty hot with the jump shot, and 6 of 9 behind the 3-pt line. Tobias Harris is so smooth. Sixers have done well despite JoJo being out of the lineup for the past week or more.

Really big win by the sixers tonight. Beating a surging Orlando team with NO big men. Orlando was 7-3 over the last 10 with wins over really good teams.

I will say this Joel injury is getting me a little nervous. One week turning into 2. Looks like he may be back for Houston hopefully.

i-like.jpg

Looks like they snapped out of it last night...I still think this team has too much talent to get bounced early in the playoffs. I’ve never wanted to be so wrong! Now watch them get smoked by the Kings and Lakers the next two games. Fingers crossed!

There is a strong chance the Sixers and Celts meet in the first round and that does not bode well for the Sixers.

There is a strong chance the Sixers and Celts meet in the first round and that does not bode well for the Sixers.

There is no doubt history is on their side. That said, most of the losses have been close losses where the Sixers even led with less than 2 minutes to play. Would also help if the refs call blatant hacks on the Celtics that were ignored with under a minute to play.

Why? Boston just hasn't been playing well lately. I watched Houston go into the fourth quarter up 20 in Boston. They're not a happy team and it shows. Yeah, they beat GSW the other day but that's one game. We'll see if it snowballs.

I'm wondering if KI is at the heart of the problems in the team.

I actually think the Sixers will catch the Pacers and land the 3rd seed looking at the schedules (huge game against the Pacers coming up). Unless the wheels totally fall off the Celtics wagon and they fall to the 6 spot, the Sixers should avoid them all together. Looks like the C's land somewhere in the 4-5 spot if their erratic play keeps up.

Reactions: bmw199
not getting into a pissing match but have you even watched the sixers in close games at the end. They have no sets. If its a close game, I foul Simmons, he doesn't want the ball and you don't have to cover him, hope he can work it out.

So how did the Sixers do in a close game last night? You going to praise Brown today?

Reactions: Kmase21
I actually think the Sixers will catch the Pacers and land the 3rd seed looking at the schedules (huge game against the Pacers coming up). Unless the wheels totally fall off the Celtics wagon and they fall to the 6 spot, the Sixers should avoid them all together. Looks like the C's land somewhere in the 4-5 spot if their erratic play keeps up.

Getting that 3 seed is big. Hopefully Embiid is ready after the Chicago game and the Sixers put it all together. The addition of Tobias, Scott, and the recent play of Bolden are certainly cause for optimism.

Why did I express concern over playing the Celtics in the opening round? They kind of own the Sixers in the recent years. Close games, refs, youth, injuries, whatever, the Celts usually come out on top. As Embiid said, "its not a rivalry".

Barring injuries, and with solid play/D, the I think the Sixers are finally in a good position to beat the Celts. They match up much better in 2019. Just hope they dont fall into any prolonged shooting slumps, lose Embiid to an injury, have huge lapses in D, or 4th quarter collapses.... lol

Getting that 3 seed is big. Hopefully Embiid is ready after the Chicago game and the Sixers put it all together. The addition of Tobias, Scott, and the recent play of Bolden are certainly cause for optimism.

Why did I express concern over playing the Celtics in the opening round? They kind of own the Sixers in the recent years. Close games, refs, youth, injuries, whatever, the Celts usually come out on top. As Embiid said, "its not a rivalry".

Barring injuries, and with solid play/D, the I think the Sixers are finally in a good position to beat the Celts. They match up much better in 2019. Just hope they dont fall into any prolonged shooting slumps, lose Embiid to an injury, have huge lapses in D, or 4th quarter collapses.... lol

I am feeling optimistic, Embiid should now be fully rested up for a playoff push assuming he has healed fully as well. 3 seed is big for the Sixers. I am looking forward to a playoff run.

So how did the Sixers do in a close game last night? You going to praise Brown today?
Nope, I saw Jimmy Butler come up huge. I saw no situation sets. I saw Simmons try to throw a cross court pass that grade school kids don't do.
Come down from your high horse, All I'm saying is they need to do a better job the last 2 minutes, I know they have not been together and without Embiid...even with him, I saw no situation sets in the last 2 years. If they don't come up with some, they won't win, and Embiid out at 3 is not it.

Our biggest problems with the Celts are Horford being able to really slow Embiid, and the Celts isolating JJ in the post guarding a bigger player. You wonder if the Sixers close games against them going Simmons, Butler, Scott, Harris, and Embiid. Try to post up one of those dudes.

Went to the game last night with my son. Last time I was at a Sixers game was probably 1983 on a high school trip. I remember Moses had 25 boards that night, I think against Detroit. Big difference today. What a production the NBA game is. Heck of a lot of fun.

Long drought there near the end created a little more tension than there should have been. Place was absolutely packed. Sat behind the hoop on the Magic's bench end. Good experience.

Our biggest problems with the Celts are Horford being able to really slow Embiid, and the Celts isolating JJ in the post guarding a bigger player. You wonder if the Sixers close games against them going Simmons, Butler, Scott, Harris, and Embiid. Try to post up one of those dudes.

Also Hayward... that guy sticks a dagger in Sixers fans hearts every game.

Reactions: PSU_Chicago
Can't lose to these garbage teams and expect to miss the Celts. They get killed by guards.

I think the Sixers made a mistake with Fultz. They should have tried playing him with his back to the basket on offense. ;)

Looks like the 3-4-5 slot is where the fun is gonna happen. Gonna be interesting with this closing stretch. That Bulls loss hurts considering the Pacers lost and the Sixers are playing Houston on the road without Joel. Could have given them some cushion. Really makes that Pacers game on Sunday HUGE.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT