ADVERTISEMENT

2017 Recruiting Class Thread

Tomorrow is looking like a special day. A very good class, with limited numbers, can easily become great with a late addition or two. What is most impressive is the entire 2017 committed class and the team are all excited and 100% together on the Franklin Penn State Family mission. We need to be over the top appreciative of our staff and all of the high caliber young men who lead this effort. WE ARE!

Webb tweets that about he and cousin who are both UGA verbals. More disturbing it's in all red black and white, UGA colors. I just can't see this happening all of a sudden that he flips. Stranger things have happened but I will be shocked. Think the full court press was too late and his father is more interested than son. I also think he's making a mistake not coming to PSU and I say that as objectively as I can. Before this years success I get it but after what transpired this year and momentum of program, only warmer weather and hotter girls are plus for UGA and if course a bag of $$.

Reactions: senatedon
Then again don't think Franklin and coaches would do that dressing up in his jersey if they weren't fairly confident. Hopes aren't high but at least something to look at tomorrow.

Holy crap Webb is coming! Look at his fathers
Twitter account! Judge is that real? Am I looking at the right twitter account? LOL
He's been doing that all day. The kid latest tweet much more concerning to me

I went through the last decade of recruiting and I have two conclusions:

1. This could be the most talented class that PSU has had since 2010 (which ended up a disastrous class).
2. It's amazing how many high ranking players either never panned out (transferred, injured, or never really even played a significant role) and how many of the unheralded players played critical roles.

I have high hopes that the quality and quantity of the 2015-2018 classes will result in some great teams for many years to come.

Either we get more or we don't. Great after last year. Getting who is committed is also a great top 20 class. Anyone not in it will miss out on a lot.

Reactions: TheGLOV
Bolds must have resolved his grade issues. Kudos to him for buckling down. The talent is there.

Bolds is the No. 45 defensive tackle nationally and the No. 14 player in the Garden State in the Class of 2017. At times in the process he held scholarship offers from Clemson, Georgia, Michigan, Michigan State, Ohio State, Tennessee and Virginia Tech.

He took an official visit to Penn State in November and was recruited for the Nittany Lions by assistant coaches Sean Spencer and Ricky Rahne.

Reactions: TheGLOV and Bob78
I know this thread is about PSU, and especially today, but I just took a glance at Baylor's commit list.

Considering what the hell they have been through, and what may lie ahead, and considering when he was hired, Matt Rhule has done an AMAZING job - 24 commits since he got hired (out of 25 total), and only 3 from the "traditional Temple recruiting area". The rest are from Texas.

As good a job as CJF has done, Rhule has owned it, and gotten Baylor to #30.

Reactions: TheGLOV and Bob78
I had a phone interview with PSU for a job at UP the other day and I think it went really well. Hopefully it would lead to an in person interview. How corny would it be to fax a "letter of intent" of my own to the person that interviewed me? ;)

Reactions: Cpeplion
Bolds must have resolved his grade issues. Kudos to him for buckling down. The talent is there.

Bolds is the No. 45 defensive tackle nationally and the No. 14 player in the Garden State in the Class of 2017. At times in the process he held scholarship offers from Clemson, Georgia, Michigan, Michigan State, Ohio State, Tennessee and Virginia Tech.

He took an official visit to Penn State in November and was recruited for the Nittany Lions by assistant coaches Sean Spencer and Ricky Rahne.
Bolds was at one time a top 5 recruit in Jersey. I believe the grades issues hurt his ranking. Also, just getting someone from Paramus is going to be huge going forward.

May still be a change with Castro-Fields. Witfong just posted on 247 about him (premium, so I cant read it) and within 5 minutes time it got 47 upvotes and on the Maryland site, it got a bunch of down votes. It may not mean anything, but might be a good sign.

May still be a change with Castro-Fields. Witfong just posted on 247 about him (premium, so I cant read it) and within 5 minutes time it got 47 upvotes and on the Maryland site, it got a bunch of down votes. It may not mean anything, but might be a good sign.

Reactions: NedFromYork
Is Castro-Fields the only question mark at this point?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT