ADVERTISEMENT

2017 Recruiting Class Thread

rutgers fans none too happy that Rhule is getting these NJ kids.
Rutgers got #2 & #3 prospects from NJ which is pretty good. Lovett is #14.

I think Rutgers fans are more discouraged that UM got the #1 prospect from NJ each of the past 2 years.

FWIW PSU got #13 & #18.

Reactions: TheGLOV
Ellis Brooks ‏@EllisBrooks35 2h2 hours ago
Ellis Brooks Retweeted David Gohrband Mr.G

Goals getting reached through life
2714.png

Ellis Brooks added,

David Gohrband Mr.G @TheRealGohrband
@EllisBrooks35 Well, you told me in the 6'th grade that your goal was to play for PSU. I was hoping you would change your
303d.png
ind :)
2 replies13 retweets85 likes

Looking at Conliffe's twitter page, there sure are a lot of Gator videos. I'd be surprised if he didn't commit to Florida.

Why the heck is a high school kid getting national attention for declaring a college? "Tune in to my twitter page at 330 EST on 1/31/17." Just announce it like an adult.

Tariq Castro-Fields seems pretty tight lipped. Who knows where he'll go?

Last edited:
Reactions: TheGLOV
Looking at Conliffe's twitter page, there sure are a lot of Gator videos. I'd be surprised if he didn't commit to Florida.

Why the heck is a high school kid getting national attention for declaring a college? "Tune in to my twitter page at 330 EST on 1/31/17." Just announce it like an adult.

We're in play with TCF, Hendershot, and Bolds. I am gambling that Franklin has a rabbit left to pull out of his Blue and White hat. Move on from Conliffe, but celebrate if he shocks the world tomorrow. Maybe Fred has a come to Jesus talk with the young man, and he walks away from the SEC bag men, to join our family!

Baylor? Head scratcher for sure. Love Matt R but that whole situation is weird.

I read it as a gamble that didn't pay off like he envisioned. He may have found, from multiple schools, that an offer doesn't equal a spot.

Despite Webb's tweet after this weekend, it appears as if things are still up in the air.

Archbishop Wood receiver Mark Webb's father said he's still committed to Georgia, but a weekend visit to Penn State could make things interesting come Wednesday's National Signing Day.

Mark Webb Sr. said Tuesday that his son's visit to State College "made him reevaluate some things."

Webb Sr. said his son has been working closely with Archbishop Wood coach Steve Devlin to make a "final decision."

Webb, a physical, 6-foot-2, 195 pounder, is rated as a four-star prospect by Rivals.com.

Prior to the weekend visit. Webb Sr. said Penn State's loss of Chris Godwin, who entered the NFL Draft, caught his son's eye.

He said Penn State wide receivers coach Chris Gattis told Webb he could fit Godwin's mold.

However, following his visit, Webb seemed to confirm his commitment to Georgia, which also has a commit from his cousin, St. Joseph's Prep running back D'Andre Swift, by tweeting "sic em '17."

I bet they are waiting to see how/if Georgia responds. If they don't or if they weakly respond, he is going to PSU.

That's exactly what I was thinking. I wonder if he's trying to bait them a bit and see what happens.

I really wonder if Mark wants to go to Georgia "sic em '17." while dad prefers that he stays home. We know how these always end up.

I bet they are waiting to see how/if Georgia responds. If they don't or if they weakly respond, he is going to PSU.

I hope but I don't think so. It will show you the strength of Franklin's recruiting prowess if he could flip Webb and land Brooks with one visit so late in the game. TCF or Webb would be a breathtaking finish though.

Gotta figure the Wood coach would rather keep JF happy than Kirby Smart, given the choice, all other things being equal.

Maybe, but everybody is missing the statement that "his son is working closely with Archbishop Wood coach Steve Devlin". Who does the coach favor and what's in it for him?

An unbelievable deal on that new SUV his wife really wants, in that Georgia peach color she adores? Ya' never know!

It seems at this point that seeing where Tcf goes is really the only expected decision for us.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT