ADVERTISEMENT

2017 Recruiting Class Thread

I believe Simmons passed the torch to him the other day on Twitter

Just went over to 247 and looked at oh-high-ya's 2017 commits. Impressive. 10 total including an unranked kicker. The #1,2,4,5,8,12 rated recruits from Oh-high-ya, and #3 FL, #3 GA, and #2 CO.

If will be tough for CJF to get as much talent from PA ans oh-high-ya gets from Ohio....

People have been asking Sean Clifford to come up with a hashtag for Penn State's Class of 2017. Without further ado...

Now, some people may roll their eyes at the whole concept of a hashtag slogan. But you must understand that it serves a practical value in the twitterverse of recruiting. If you're a recruit -- or even a fan -- and you want to check in on the latest buzz surrounding PSU's recruiting class, all you have to do is search the hashtag (link) to see what's going on and who's involved.

It's a way to keep everyone engaged in a single vision, such as the epic collection of talent known as Penn State's Class of 2017. This will be the class that puts it all together for Dear Old State and makes us a national championship contender. This is the pride of Nittany Lions that combines with three other Top 20 classes to #DominateTheVa17ey.

CImupnrWsAAViaC.jpg

Last edited:
Who will be the highest-rated commit in Penn State's 2017 class when it's all said and done?

Greg Pickel: "Of the players Penn State is in on now in the class of 2017, Brooklyn tackle Isaiah Wilson could be the one. IMG Academy end Josh Kaindoh would fit that mold, as well, as would Clairton athlete Lamont Wade or New Jersey offensive lineman Micah Clark."

Who will be the highest-rated commit in Penn State's 2017 class when it's all said and done?

Greg Pickel: "Of the players Penn State is in on now in the class of 2017, Brooklyn tackle Isaiah Wilson could be the one. IMG Academy end Josh Kaindoh would fit that mold, as well, as would Clairton athlete Lamont Wade or New Jersey offensive lineman Micah Clark."
I have a feeling Wilson is all UM. To the point that he only visited for the Um game to see UM play a game that was closer to home for him. Hope I'm wrong on that

Reactions: mickey_PSU
Rivals Top 20 in PA

1. Lamont Wade, CB, Clairton
  2. D’Andre Swift, RB, Philadelphia
  3. Paris Ford, DB, Steel Valley
  4. Josh Lugg, OT, North Allegheny
  5. David Adams, LB, Central Catholic
  6. Donovan Jeter, DT, Beaver Falls
  7. Mark Webb, WR, Archbishop Catholic
  8. CJ Thorpe, OL, Central Catholic
  9. Carter Lynch, OL, Philadelphia
  10. Ryan Solt, OL, Wilkes Barre
  11. Damion Barber, DE, Harrisburg
  12. Exree Loe, CB, Johnstown
  13. Kenny Robinson, LB, University Prep
  14. Kurt Hinish, DT, Central Catholic
  15. Griffin Sestiki, TE, North Allegheny
  16. Darian Street, WR, Bethlehem
  17. Colin Smith, DB, Ligonier Valley
  18. Rick Squires, WR, Penn Hills
  19. Gabe Houy, OL, Upper St. Clair
  20. Ryan Lezzer, Athlete, Clearfied

Reactions: T J and bmw199
I like this thread.. Makes it easy to keep up with the happenings of whats going on with next years recruits!

Plus I don't have the twitter thingy..

Keep up the good work fellas!

Rivals Top 20 in PA

Well, I don't have a good feeling we will land any of the top 4. Best chances are 5,7,8, and 11

Well, I don't have a good feeling we will land any of the top 4. Best chances are 5,7,8, and 11

#3 and #4 are already committed elsewhere.... But it's a deep pool in PA for 2017, so if CJF gets 3 or 4 of the top 10 and 7 or 8 of the top 15-20 it will be a very good basis for a great class. Look for him to do much better in NJ and also get some great players from MD, VA,.... as well.

One thing that is very interesting is the IMG FL thing. Hainsey, the OL formerly from Gateway, could be a commit soon and he has lots of team mates that CJF is after as well. Landing 2 or 3 from IMG would be sweet, but they will be kids that all the snake oil salesmen in college football will lie to until the 1st Wed of Feb 2017.....

One thing I am looking for going forward is a big impact in recruiting by Terry Smith. The guy relates to H.S. kids. He turned my old H.S. around (Gateway) on a dime, and he knows talent. I can't wait to see Thrift develop - Smith coached him in H.S. and obviously knows the kids drive and motivation to be good. Smith knows the WPIAL inside and out and this will bear more fruit going forward. He's a high energy guy and a PSU alum and JoePa guy. I look for him to bring Hainsey on board shortly, and given that Thorpe (CC OL) supposedly has PSU family ties, bring Thorpe as well to form the first two legs of another great OL class.....

Last edited:
Reactions: bmw199

PSU was supposed to have a Junior day the last Saturday in January that PSU ended canceling. Wade was scheduled to be there. PSU has a good shot with him.

I have a feeling Wilson is all UM. To the point that he only visited for the Um game to see UM play a game that was closer to home for him. Hope I'm wrong on that

A kid from Poly to PSU? That'll be the day.

Why not? His most recent quotes are really favorable toward CJF
They are, you're right, but he also was just at OSU for Jr day and really loved it. He also just tweeted how excited he was to meet coach Ash. I don't think Rutgers will win with him but it won't be easy and Urban is in on him too. He also is visiting Pitt soon, but that seems like a really unlikely pick for him.

Does anyone know the story behind Carter Lynch? He has been listed as the #7 player in PA on the 247 composite for quite some time now. But they have no picture of him and don't have any schools on his page. On Rivals he is ranked the #9 player in PA but does not have any offers listed. Every other player in the top 20 shows at least one offer. And then I can't find him on Scout at all.

Reactions: lilromeo
Rivals Top 20 in PA

Wow, not one QB on the lust

IMHO the one we need most is David Adams. He's also one who Doozie will be trying to Shmooz with the "hometown hero" stuff again.

Reactions: Harer19 and bmw199
Unfortunately, Pitters already saying Adams is theirs. Now who knows if that's true, but they seem as sure as the did about Hamlin.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT