ADVERTISEMENT

2017 Recruiting Class Thread

pESRN5u.gif

He's definitely good, but I'm more than happy with Hansard in this class (along with the probability that Barber grows into a DT). We have good depth already at the position.

Mark Webb is committed to Georgia, but Penn State is doing all it can to change the wide receiver's mind ahead of Wednesday's National Signing Day.

The PSU coaching staff posed in No. 81 jerseys and sent the photo to Webb's father Tuesday afternoon. Webb Sr. told PennLive that would be his son's number, if he signs with the Nittany Lions.

Webb Sr. said he was "overwhelmed" by the late push, and said his son would "sleep on it," before making his college decision.

ADVERTISING
inRead invented by Teads
"When he wakes up in the morning, it'll be a new day," Webb Sr. said. "And he will know where he will be going to the next four years."

Mark Webb's father: Penn State visit made him 'reevaluate some things'

Webb, the top-rated receiver in Pennsylvania, is expected to make his decision between 2-2:30 p.m. at Archbishop Wood.

The 6-foot-2, 195-pound Webb committed to Georgia in September but visited Penn State over the weekend.

"It's been real hectic," Webb Sr. said of the recruiting process. "But hectic in a good way. You'd rather have a hectic like this. I'm not going to lie, I'm totally overwhelmed by the Penn State love. As we are talking my phone and Twitter feed are blowing up."

Reactions: bmw199
Man, James is fighting to the very end for this kid. You gotta love that. We might not get them, but these days, we are in it until the VERY end with these kids. Improvement, in my viewpoint.

I love James Franklin. Hard working, disciplined and focused. Knows what he wants and how to make the maximum effort. Great role model for today's youth.

Anyone get the feeling that Franklin is putting on the full press, while Georgia is silent.

Why would Webb go to Georgia if they wouldn't even visit him when in town to visit his cousin... I don't love the fact that committed recruits expect to continue to be "shown the love" after they have verballed, but this was kind of a slap in the face by Georgia. Maybe they still have a scholarship left for him, but he's certainly not a priority for them.

I was just in Outlaw Motorcylce Gang training last week here in Lancaster. OMG's are fascinating.

Absolutely correct amigo. The inner workings are a world onto themselves. May I suggest a book? Try "No Angel", by Jay Dobyns. The book tells a true story of an undercover cop(Dobyns) infiltrating the Angels in Arizona, in the early 2000's. It is a true story, written from the law enforcement side of the equation. There are lots of books written from the outlaw perspective, mostly glorifying type pieces(with their own realism, but more propaganda), but this one is gripping, and true, from start to finish.

Reactions: uscgPSU
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT