ADVERTISEMENT

2017 NCAAs Session 6 Thread

Hard not to like this kid. Great Champion. I am hopeful that Bo doesn't pin him in the first period and let's him wrestle a few periods before the match ends. ;)

n his post match interview on ESPN last year, Dean didn't say anything about himself. He said how much he appreciated the people around him. It's hard to root against a guy like that. I'll still be pulling for Bo tonight, but I'm not going to be cheering against Dean.

My gut tells me we win the first 2, then lose the last 3. VJ can win if he can just convert a TD or two. Imar is just so good and solid. I see a controlled win for Imar. Hall can definitely win, but man Bo is going to be huuuuge tonight. Mark gotta build an early lead, wrestle smart, and not gas at the end.

Just wanna see Bo stick Dean!!! But I see Dean winning a close decision with his strength, experience, and stamina.

Zain-95%
Nolf-99%
Cenzo-5%
Hall-40%
Bo-45%

I have just about the same thoughts... might bump Cenzo up to about 15-20% for no other reason than my gut tells me he is really wrestling well and his confidence just looks sky high and knows he can wrestle with these guys. I have Bo at 50%, gonna be a classic match along the lines of DT vs Dake (with hopefully a better result) ;)

Last edited:
Cenzo has more than a 5% chance to beat Imar. I say 33.3%.

As in, once in three tries.

What number is this one again?

IMar is super duper tough. Sure, he's stylistically a shell of the guy he was 2 years ago (thanks Mark Perry) but Cenzo is gonna have to wrestle his best match of the season to beat him.

Reactions: diggerpup
I think it's crucial that Cenzo get the first TD. If he does his odds of winning increase dramatically. IMar is just too strong playing D and with counter attacks if he gets a lead. Cenzo can do it!!!

Reactions: dsites52
IMar is super duper tough. Sure, he's stylistically a shell of the guy he was 2 years ago (thanks Mark Perry) but Cenzo is gonna have to wrestle his best match of the season to beat him.

Get him scared. Jason Nolf scared him, and took him off his game. THAT'S how you beat him. The key is to KEEP WRESTLING against him, force him into mistakes. If Cenzo can force him into a couple of mistakes and score off of them, he CAN win tonight.

You stand there and wait though, and he wins every time. When he is down to his last options, he tries to win with riding time, get out from bottom and force him to win in neutral, and ride him for as long as you can on top, rather than cut him loose.

Cenzo has more than a 5% chance to beat Imar. I say 33.3%.

As in, once in three tries.

What number is this one again?
HJZ3eI4fSTOgCOxo4Ye7_m6.gif
HJZ3eI4fSTOgCOxo4Ye7_m6.gif

I think PS gets 4 champs tonight. Zain, Nolf, Hall and Nikal. I don't think Cenzo can beat imar, although I hope I'm wrong. Regardless of what happens tonight CONGRATS to the team. They wrestled one hell of a tournament.

Reactions: diggerpup
Get him scared. Jason Nolf scared him, and took him off his game. THAT'S how you beat him. The key is to KEEP WRESTLING against him, force him into mistakes. If Cenzo can force him into a couple of mistakes and score off of them, he CAN win tonight.

You stand there and wait though, and he wins every time. When he is down to his last options, he tries to win with riding time, get out from bottom and force him to win in neutral, and ride him for as long as you can on top, rather than cut him loose.

I think quite the opposite about his first meeting with Jason. Overconfidence was his follie. He thought he could just hulk Nolf onto his back and Jason thought otherwise. I think IMars tentative approach is what won him 2&3

Reactions: ZepGraffiti
Conditioning on the biggest stage may be a factor for VJ. This is a huge spotlight, I hope VJ can keep his adrenaline in check. Don't exhaust the power cells in the 1st period. IMAR has a tendency to fade a little in the 3rd but is so damn good it carries him thru just like good form on a distance runner.

For Cenzo to get A takedown*

I feel like IMart hasn't taken a shot since 1996

Yes he has. He's taken plenty of shots. Come on, man. He takes shots. He has a really great snap down/shuck shot. VJ has it as well. IMar takes plenty of shots. Let's not pretend like IMar isn't a great wrestler.

Martinez changed his approach after getting pinned by Jason Nolf. Became less concerned with domination, and more concerned with just winning.

One of Martinez's great strengths is his core strength: Can't count how many times he has been thrown, but kips up out of it, just using his core. Unreal.

Don't take the bait on that, make him scramble, make him work, and force him into mistakes. Sort of like tackling the ball in football.

You mean 190? Im sure even Hall is 180

These guys had to weigh in this morning, right? I think there is maybe a 2-lb allowance for the 3rd day of the tourney, but how much weight can one gain in 12 hours, and still be in condition to wrestle? Fifteen pounds seems like a lot.

A bond that can't be broken. Nice of Seth to wear the shirt to support his brother, and a shame he will never wear the singlet.

You seem very sure that Seth Nevills will not wrestle for PSU. You may end up being correct, but some say the situation is that well defined right now.

These guys had to weigh in this morning, right? I think there is maybe a 2-lb allowance for the 3rd day of the tourney, but how much weight can one gain in 12 hours, and still be in condition to wrestle? Fifteen pounds seems like a lot.

Yes. It would be a massive gain. But 180 would be pretty normal. It's a myth that Hall doesn't cut weight. He's probably 180 or so.

could this kid be the next pop star or movie star......

Yes. It would be a massive gain. But 180 would be pretty normal. It's a myth that Hall doesn't cut weight. He's probably 180 or so.

And you know this about Hall how, exactly? I'm inclined to believe the "myth" until better info is provided.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT